Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

189 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Dividend Trading Strategies
arty
post Posted: Jul 1 2013, 10:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: draughtsman's post @ Jul 1 2013, 10:04 PM

yes

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: draughtsman  

draughtsman
post Posted: Jul 1 2013, 10:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: xjo's post @ Feb 15 2011, 09:29 AM

Not a dividend trading strategy but a question.

If you decide to take your Div as a DRP do you still get the benefits of any franking credits that are attached to the dividend if it was taken as a normal dividend payment?

Thanks

--------------------
draughtsman

You don't know what you don't know

xjo
post Posted: Feb 15 2011, 09:29 AM
  Quote Post

G'day all,
It is time to start trading the dividend stocks if you have not already started.

GUD is first cab off the rank for me this season. Goes ex-div 17/2/2011. I bought yesterday.

cheers.

--------------------
admin@dividendtrader.com.au

birnam
post Posted: Jan 31 2011, 01:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Jan 31 2011, 11:45 AM

Depends if you're using cash or accrual accounting. At its simplest it's the year paid if cash, the year it's earned if accrual. If, for example, whoever pays you uses a trust or stapled security structure you might have to use both.

hungry
post Posted: Jan 31 2011, 11:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Jan 31 2011, 11:45 AM

Hi Merc
The financial year it was paid into your bank account.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mercury  

mercury
post Posted: Jan 31 2011, 11:45 AM
  Quote Post

I am getting old and forget things.
when a dividend 'EX' date is reached say June 20th and the payment is July 4th....what financial year should the dividend be declared?

A quick reminder would be welcomed.
thanks

Merc

madhun
post Posted: Jan 27 2011, 10:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Jan 27 2011, 09:58 PM

It's not practical to follow too much of the market, you could arguably induce an unacceptable level of portfolio risk in doing so. There's really not a great need to venture out of the ASX100 or 200 if you are simply asset collecting, and even then you could hive out particular sectors.

--------------------
"Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it." Ellen Goodman (1941)

If you want to make easy money in the share market, Buy a House.

HELP MAKE SHARESCENE A TROLL FREE ZONE

wolverine
post Posted: Jan 27 2011, 09:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: madhun's post @ Jan 27 2011, 08:52 PM

muffin top

Saw a few of them in the city last night. dry.gif

Basic pattern recognition, a quick squiz at some moving averages or other indicators and working on some volume stuff.

I still like doing some top down and going from there. I accept that I can't possibly follow the whole market so I bludge off others here at SS, from some friends research, my FSB's personal research and a bit of newspaper reading for ideas.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

madhun
post Posted: Jan 27 2011, 09:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: birnam's post @ Jan 27 2011, 11:16 AM

Some of us have very different perceptions of risk and concerns with the consequences, personally the risk of investing is outweighed by the risk of not doing so.

--------------------
"Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it." Ellen Goodman (1941)

madhun
post Posted: Jan 27 2011, 08:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Jan 27 2011, 08:07 PM

Thanks Balance,

I've been a member here for +/- 3 and twas Rozella that introduced me to the dividend stripping concept originally.

My wife is getting jack of work, who could blame her, and I am thinking of educating her in what to look for and how to trade and starting her off with a relatively small kitty to get the hang of it, take the profits in stock until the dividends will replace her income at which point she can stop work. In the meantime I can continue with my work, which fortunately I really enjoy, and continue to build my current portfolio per existing plan.

I generally just accumulate and am not particularly concerned with volatility, I do in fact like it as my regular investment buys more for my money, hence my limited knowledge of the 45 day rule.

I was saddened to hear of Rozella's departure as I always enjoyed his posts and insight. I guess I should archive his posts.

How rudimentary are we talking Wolverine, fundamental analysis sits fine with me, but I wouldn't know a double top from a muffin top and candles are those things you burn right?

--------------------

189 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING