Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

APK, AUSTRALIAN POWER AND GAS COMPANY LIMITED
terrine
post Posted: Nov 11 2010, 04:18 PM
  Quote Post

anyone take up the rights issue?
offer closed yesterday, I got the SPP in the mail today...good one

Brendan
post Posted: Jul 7 2010, 01:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: roddombo's post @ May 5 2010, 09:32 PM

Got slapped around over the last month and is now trending with the XJO...... if it drops further it may be worth buying some more on weakness

roddombo
post Posted: May 5 2010, 09:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Brendan's post @ May 5 2010, 10:20 AM

Yep I have been in for almost 12 months now.

They hit scale and profit without qld or nsw and despite the fact I still think this is where the x factor is they stand up from here just on victoria.

Onwards and upwards I hope

Brendan
post Posted: May 5 2010, 10:20 AM
  Quote Post

Saw it got 1st place in BRW Fast starters 100 List...with expansion plans for QLD and NSW its now on my radar

roddombo
post Posted: Oct 4 2007, 05:01 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: terrine on Thursday 04/10/07 11:26am

Agreed. Look im watching from the side but oh its tempting if they get a queensland supply deal.... wait james wait wait it could be 12 months... who really knows for sure?

Still waiting and will wait but this situation really makes a mockery of our supposed competition doesn't it.

terrine
post Posted: Oct 4 2007, 10:26 AM
  Quote Post

I dunno, the pricing of a rights issue is always a contentious one.
What shits me more is the framework of these issues a 1-5 and an option for every new 2 shares. Small shareholders really dont get a lot of new shares or much benefit from an unmarketable parcel of options.
Obvious benefits to major shareholders wishing to participate.

juke
post Posted: Oct 3 2007, 06:56 PM
  Quote Post

How could they do it? The rights issue is 1 for 5 at 35c when the SP is in a uniform downtrend ending at 36c yesterday. Since its purpose is for working capital, nothing new is ventured, and the dilution is therefore the full 17%. Hence the rights price should have been at 30c or less.

Sensible thinking shareholders can't possibly take this up. It means the underwriters will take up most of this and there will be an overhang for a long time to come. Not until APK writes a good energy purchase contract can there be any change from the decline.

Is Cobra still putting its doorknockers on the street for APK, particularly in Queensland?

Juke (a bemused bystander)

macrae
post Posted: Aug 6 2007, 04:50 PM
  Quote Post

Sydney - Monday - August 6: (RWE Australian Business News) -
Australian Power & Gas Company Ltd (ASX: APK) has completed the transfer
and integration of the recently acquired residential customer base from
a Victorian retailer onto its billing and customer service systems.
The acquired customers have received confirmation of their
ongoing supply arrangements from Australian Power & Gas, including
assurance that their existing electricity offers continue as normal.
This acquisition takes the company's customer base to 50,000
accounts acquired nationally since its launch in February.
Australian Power & Gas upgraded its forecast to 65,000
nationally by December 30. cool.gif

--------------------
<b>"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind." </b>

roddombo
post Posted: Jul 26 2007, 11:01 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: juke on Wednesday 25/07/07 11:37pm

Been watching for a while and since I like you I decided to give my opinion.. (joking)

The problem is that when it happens the price will most likely shoot up but also that it may not happen for 12 months and the price will drift in that time and even after shooting up it may be to a share price below current levels.

I can't see them getting the scale they need to turn a profit without queensland in any time period other than many years, and a result of lots of hard grinding. As such I will wait.....

Australian energy went from a dollar down to 12 cents before being starting their run so we will probably have a lot more time than many think. What a shame the takeover of that company was.

juke
post Posted: Jul 25 2007, 10:37 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: roddombo on Wednesday 25/07/07 07:23pm

Roddombo,

Precisely. That is one of the key pieces missing, and careful observant bystanders are holding off to hear such announcement. I am as well. Good to see you are on the ball.

Juke

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING