Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

MCP, MCPHERSON'S LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Jun 22 2018, 03:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jun 14 2018, 02:29 PM

Updated chart - SP has come off the boil somewhat since the last post. - currently $1.77.
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=mcp
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jun 14 2018, 02:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ May 24 2018, 12:52 PM

New 52 week high - $1.71
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=mcp

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: May 24 2018, 12:52 PM
  Quote Post

Posted this under the STOCK PICKS 2018 thread. MCP's SP at the time of article was $1.44 - currently it's $1.53.

A couple of other ASX listed stocks mentioned by "top managers" at the Future Generation Investment Forum. were MCP, LIC, MYE, and FNP. I'll take a look at them again later in the year to see how good a stock picker they are smile.gif

McPherson's, Lifestyle, Mastermyne, Freedom Foods: Stock picker favourites
http://www.afr.com/markets/equity-markets/...20180516-h104o6

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Aug 30 2017, 02:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mcart117's post @ Aug 30 2017, 11:37 AM

I bought in before last div and sold out the other day with a 9% profit for the 6 months. Didn't think it worth holding for next divv but will remain on my div trade watchlist.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

mcart117
post Posted: Aug 30 2017, 11:37 AM
  Quote Post

These had a bit of a peak in 2013, jumped in with a cap raise at $2.10 I think, and then plummetted. It left a nasty taste in the mouth, but I have traded in an out around the dollar something level. Right now I'm selling down a bit, because I don't trust 'em. Stll hold a few for the div, but with past divs and modest trading profits my cost of carry is negative, so it doesn't really matter what happens next.

But for those who follow fibs, they have hit a 50% level on the climb back up from 2013.

alonso
post Posted: Jul 20 2017, 03:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 22 2017, 08:39 AM

Looking promising now and some fund interest. Been waiting since February.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

nipper
post Posted: Mar 22 2017, 08:39 AM
  Quote Post

Is this the best value growth stock on the ASX?
Investors are constantly on the lookout for growth. Companies growing earnings at double digit rates normaly trade on high multiples - hence finding growth and value at the same time - is hard to come by.

Mcpherson's Limited (MCP) is a brand owner within the health, beauty and wellness sector of the market. We believe investors have overlooked the recent successful turnaround, and the acceleration of growth within the core business as the significant earnings leverage starts to kick in.

We forecast Mcpherson's will earn 14.5c EPS and pay 9.5c of fully franked dividends in FY17. In FY18 we estimate EPS at 17.5c and dividends of 11c. Our forecast places MCP on a forward PE multiple of 7x and a gross yield of 13%.

MCP is the largest holding in the TBF Fund.
RON SHAMGAR The Boat Fund

(and well spotted, arty)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

arty
post Posted: Feb 22 2017, 09:30 AM
  Quote Post

Must be a really boring stock with 15% annualised yield blink.gif

Does anybody see the Cup&Handle pattern over the last 6-8 months? I can, and I'm on - if for nothing else but the dividend.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rick001  nipper  

blueice
post Posted: Sep 7 2010, 02:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ Sep 6 2010, 12:23 PM

Thinking of buying into MCP - surely a good buy at these prices??????????
Oversold do you reckon?????????

blueice
post Posted: Sep 6 2010, 12:23 PM
  Quote Post

I had been thinking of buying into MCP today, but there does not seem to be any interest in this stock at all, more sellers than buyers.
Any one have any idea as to why??? I know it goes ex-div today...................

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING