Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

41 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TPM, TPG TELECOM LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jan 22 2019, 01:18 PM
  Quote Post

he Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has pushed back its final decision on the $15 billion tie-up between TPG Telecom and Vodafone Hutchison Australia to April, with the competition regulator saying its yet to receive relevant information from the telcos.

The regulator had originally set a provisional decision date of March 28, however, the date has now been tentatively pushed back to April 11. The regulator had sought further submissions from interested parties on the merger by January 18.

According to the ACCC, the timeline has been suspended due to delay in receiving information from merger parties. “The ACCC will confirm the new provisional decision date when the information from the merger parties is received,” it said

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Dec 13 2018, 11:15 AM
  Quote Post

TPG shares plunge 17pc on merger doubt
The Australian Competition and Consumer Competition has warned a merger of TPG and Vodafone could result in a "substantial lessening of competition"...

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 30 2018, 03:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 30 2018, 10:12 AM

U dodged a bullet, eb. From sub $6 and trending down, TPM is now above $9 on the merger news
entrepreneur David Teoh has responded brilliantly to the NBN Co's creeping destruction of his cut-price broadband business with a Vodafone merger deal that has already added $700 million to his personal wealth.

He was willing to give up control of the country's most powerful telecommunications challenger in return for the opportunity to stop the erosion of his wealth and get a bigger share of Australia's $60 billion telco pie.

Teoh was never in danger of going broke because of the NBN. But his core strategy of offering aggressively priced broadband plans with 50 per cent profit margins was slowly dying...

https://www.afr.com/brand/chanticleer/tpg-m...20180829-h14pnh

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Aug 30 2018, 10:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 29 2018, 05:33 PM

thanks nipper

i got out of shorts in time. lucky me rolleyes.gif

watch it for while, and will take short side again when things settle a little bit.

nipper
post Posted: Aug 29 2018, 05:33 PM
  Quote Post

TPG would buy Vodafone Australia in return for a big pile of new shares, and the combined entity would trade on the Australian Securities Exchange.

The proposed deal would be done without raising fresh equity or selling assets.

And to work, it is understood the companies want to be about the same size on entry to help create a true merger of equals and some debt would need to vanish. Quickly.

As is stands, TPG is worth $8.6 billion on an enterprise value basis - thanks to a recent run in its share price which may have to be overlooked - while Vodafone is worth $7.4 billion on JPMorgan's numbers.

Vodafone's problem is its giant debt stack worth $8.4 billion and mostly payable to its two big shareholders; British giant Vodafone Group and Hong Kong's CK Hutchison, part of the Cheung Kong group of companies controlled by Li Ka-Shing.

Vodafone's two shareholders would absolve a big chunk of that debt as part of the deal being discussed.

The two companies' respective shareholders would be expected to split the new company 50/50.

The new TPG's two biggest shareholders would be Vodafone Group and CK Hutchison, followed by TPG stalwarts David Teoh, the company founder, and his long-time backer, the Millner family's Soul Patts.

The free float is expected to account for only about 20 per cent of the combined group - which would still be about $2 billion or so of shares available to trade.
it may work?!

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Aug 27 2018, 10:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 23 2018, 03:34 PM

closed out my shorts 7.58.

still think it will going under 7.00 mark, but booked short term profit and sit back to watch...

early birds
post Posted: Aug 23 2018, 03:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 23 2018, 10:57 AM

lmaosmiley.gif
make money on both way today.

looks short squeez is over . $7.50 at least for near term imho
adjust my stops to 8.40 ----a free hit for me.

early birds
post Posted: Aug 23 2018, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 23 2018, 10:16 AM

trade it in and out few times by now

hold a shorts at 8.40 now. wild swings for traders .

early birds
post Posted: Aug 23 2018, 10:16 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 23 2018, 09:27 AM

did two lots shorts
all over 8bucks so far.

early birds
post Posted: Aug 23 2018, 09:27 AM
  Quote Post

SHARECAFE COMMENTARY
Telco Shares Surge As TPG & Vodafone Explore Merger
BY GLENN DYER - 23/08/2018 | VIEW MORE ARTICLES BY GLENN DYER
LEARN HOW TO MAXIMISE YOUR SUPERANNUATION
WHILE LEGALLY MINIMISING YOUR TAX
FREE EBOOK - DOWNLOAD TODAY

Get More Commentary, Discussion & Market Information On -
• TPM - TPG TELECOM LIMITED
TPG Telecom surged more than 21% yesterday to two-year highs as it said it was talking to rival telco, Vodafone about a possible merger.

The merger, if it happens could see a company with a value of more than $12 billion created, perhaps more with debt is included.

The reason is the intense competition, rising costs for new infrastructure, especially the 5G mobile networks that are coming from 2019-20 onwards and the pressures being created by the NBN.

Optus yesterday revealed plans to introduce more automation and artificial intelligence into its processes to cut costs, and also announced it was cutting 400 staff.

The reason for all of this is the pressures the rollout of the NBN are causing for the entire sector and in the mobile segment where everyone is attacking Telstra and Telstra is fighting back.

If the TPG merger happens the deal will see the country’s third (Vodafone) and 4th (TPG) largest telcos join up - a move that could carry competition issues. A 7% jump in Telstra’s share price yesterday tells us that investors see it as a winner.

TPG shares ended at $21.65, the highest they have been since September 2016 when the company started issuing downgrades as the impact of the NBN, intense competition and its decision to build its own mobile network hit investor confidence.

Shares in Hutchison Telecommunications Australia - the thinly traded ASX-listed joint venture partner with Vodafone - were also higher - up 51% to 9 cents.

Shares in Telstra though rose more than 7% to $3.27, continuing the improvement since last Thursday’s results. The shares are now up more than 13% in the past week and Telstra’s value is now over $38 billion.

At that level TPG was valued at just over $7 billion. The merger talks have the greenlight from the company’s main shareholder, Washington H. Soul Pattinson.

TPG’s confirmation of media speculation that it is in talks with Vodafone Australia about a potential merger of the two telco companies was the latest rumour to swirl about a deal between the two companies here, or in NZ where there was talk about a deal in that country last year.

Vodafone NZ tried to merge with Pay TV operator, Sky, but that was rejected by NZ competition regulators. In a statement to the ASX on Wednesday, TPG said it has held exploratory discussions with Vodafone regarding a "merger of equals" between the competing companies.

"The TPG Board notes that there is no certainty that any transaction will eventuate or what the terms of a transaction would be," the statement said.

TPG provides broadband services under its own name as well the iiNet and Internode brands, is currently spending $1.9 billion on building a fourth mobile network for Australia. It is due to come on stream next year.

Vodafone is Australia's third-biggest telco by subscriber numbers, after Telstra and Optus.

TPG reported a fall in profit at its first-half results in March as subscriber numbers fell.

Telco sector players such as Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, TPG and others have had their margins cut by the rollout of the NBN and competition in the Australian broadband and mobile markets.
================================================

TPG shares ended at $21.65, the highest they have been since September 2016!! lmaosmiley.gif the wrighter is too excited i guess-------- it's 21.65% at over $7.50

if it opens higher, then i will toke the shots with this one. reason is--------regulatory approval hurdle, price of merger hurdle... there are too many balloons in the air..and price jumped big tome already.......

imho though!!

41 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING