Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

41 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TPM, TPG TELECOM LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: May 9 2019, 10:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ May 8 2019, 08:57 PM

...[the ACCC's Rod] Sims says the rejection of the merger means “there is a real chance” TPG will roll out a mobile network. It says it has the mobile spectrum, an extensive fibre network, a large customer base and a well established brand.

Essentially, Sims is using the rejection as a weapon for forcing TPG into a corner. He is punting on the slim possibility that TPG will respond to the margin squeeze in fixed-line broadband markets with the construction of a new mobile network.

The problem with the assumption that TPG’s executive chairman David Teoh will spend billions of dollars building a new network is that it is completely without foundation. The word out of TPG is that Teoh won’t succumb to this ACCC pressure....
https://www.afr.com/chanticleer/accc-misrea...20190508-p51lda

- there will be a High Court challenge, in all likelihood.... which should get up!?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

triage
post Posted: May 8 2019, 08:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 8 2019, 06:30 PM

Tis a poor tradesman that blames his tools ... also, this decision seems to confirm that Telstra is the only silver-back allowed in this patch of the forest.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

nipper
post Posted: May 8 2019, 06:30 PM
  Quote Post

Australian competition watchdog, the ACCC, has blamed "lousy" computer systems after a botched release of its decision to nix the merger between Vodafone Hutchison Australia and TPG Telecom sent the share prices of the major telecommunications companies tumbling.

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission accidentally published a decision to block the planned $15 billion tie-up on Wednesday, a day earlier than expected, and while the companies' shares were still trading.
- my my

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jan 22 2019, 01:18 PM
  Quote Post

he Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has pushed back its final decision on the $15 billion tie-up between TPG Telecom and Vodafone Hutchison Australia to April, with the competition regulator saying its yet to receive relevant information from the telcos.

The regulator had originally set a provisional decision date of March 28, however, the date has now been tentatively pushed back to April 11. The regulator had sought further submissions from interested parties on the merger by January 18.

According to the ACCC, the timeline has been suspended due to delay in receiving information from merger parties. “The ACCC will confirm the new provisional decision date when the information from the merger parties is received,” it said

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Dec 13 2018, 11:15 AM
  Quote Post

TPG shares plunge 17pc on merger doubt
The Australian Competition and Consumer Competition has warned a merger of TPG and Vodafone could result in a "substantial lessening of competition"...

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 30 2018, 03:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 30 2018, 10:12 AM

U dodged a bullet, eb. From sub $6 and trending down, TPM is now above $9 on the merger news
entrepreneur David Teoh has responded brilliantly to the NBN Co's creeping destruction of his cut-price broadband business with a Vodafone merger deal that has already added $700 million to his personal wealth.

He was willing to give up control of the country's most powerful telecommunications challenger in return for the opportunity to stop the erosion of his wealth and get a bigger share of Australia's $60 billion telco pie.

Teoh was never in danger of going broke because of the NBN. But his core strategy of offering aggressively priced broadband plans with 50 per cent profit margins was slowly dying...

https://www.afr.com/brand/chanticleer/tpg-m...20180829-h14pnh

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Aug 30 2018, 10:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 29 2018, 05:33 PM

thanks nipper

i got out of shorts in time. lucky me rolleyes.gif

watch it for while, and will take short side again when things settle a little bit.

nipper
post Posted: Aug 29 2018, 05:33 PM
  Quote Post

TPG would buy Vodafone Australia in return for a big pile of new shares, and the combined entity would trade on the Australian Securities Exchange.

The proposed deal would be done without raising fresh equity or selling assets.

And to work, it is understood the companies want to be about the same size on entry to help create a true merger of equals and some debt would need to vanish. Quickly.

As is stands, TPG is worth $8.6 billion on an enterprise value basis - thanks to a recent run in its share price which may have to be overlooked - while Vodafone is worth $7.4 billion on JPMorgan's numbers.

Vodafone's problem is its giant debt stack worth $8.4 billion and mostly payable to its two big shareholders; British giant Vodafone Group and Hong Kong's CK Hutchison, part of the Cheung Kong group of companies controlled by Li Ka-Shing.

Vodafone's two shareholders would absolve a big chunk of that debt as part of the deal being discussed.

The two companies' respective shareholders would be expected to split the new company 50/50.

The new TPG's two biggest shareholders would be Vodafone Group and CK Hutchison, followed by TPG stalwarts David Teoh, the company founder, and his long-time backer, the Millner family's Soul Patts.

The free float is expected to account for only about 20 per cent of the combined group - which would still be about $2 billion or so of shares available to trade.
it may work?!

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Aug 27 2018, 10:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 23 2018, 03:34 PM

closed out my shorts 7.58.

still think it will going under 7.00 mark, but booked short term profit and sit back to watch...

early birds
post Posted: Aug 23 2018, 03:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 23 2018, 10:57 AM

lmaosmiley.gif
make money on both way today.

looks short squeez is over . $7.50 at least for near term imho
adjust my stops to 8.40 ----a free hit for me.

41 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING