Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

62 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

EGL, ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP LIMITED
wolverine
post Posted: Jul 19 2012, 10:31 AM
  Quote Post

John Read stepping down as Chairman.

Such a successful tenure.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

Brendan
post Posted: May 4 2010, 11:39 AM
  Quote Post

Starting to turn upwards from a wide bottom..... a shuffle of management here, a new contract there..... maybe now worth a punt ??

wolverine
post Posted: Jul 17 2007, 08:04 AM
  Quote Post

they claimed they were high margin at every meeting i attended.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

rosskend
post Posted: Jul 17 2007, 12:11 AM
  Quote Post

Hi Wolver - heard the presentation - have heard lots of them - would like to see some aciton thought?!!??! ;-) Pressure sewer was a good idea, but they didn't bid for them effectively - as you said basicly a loss making proposition under a win the bid at any cost mentality. Hope he can turn it around, but not holding my breath........

R/Ross

wolverine
post Posted: Jul 16 2007, 10:11 PM
  Quote Post

ross, did you have a listen to the new MD.

he confirmed that pressure sewer was chronically unprofitable and had low (actually negative) margins.

very different from the spin when the $350-400k p.a. guy was running the show (into the iceberg field?!?!)

BTW the chair seems to have effectively increased his hold on EGL thru the recent capital raising.

his directorship at CVC Capital interestingly doesn't seem to get much mention in the releases so i am intrigued as to the targets they have found to attempt to roll into the EGL shell. can't wait to see if they can find something that is cashflow positive.

ps. why doesn't he mention his chairmanship of EGL on his homepage?

http://www.cvc.com.au/limited/board.html

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

RADIO
post Posted: Jul 16 2007, 02:08 PM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (12/07/2007 11:30:00):
EGL - Accelerates Acquisition Program - Mr Duncan Stone, CEO

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wolverine
post Posted: May 11 2007, 01:39 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: rosskend on Friday 11/05/07 01:17pm

if he wasn't pushed it seems like he knows where things are heading at this point in time.

the gas division should be tearing balls in this environment of mining boom and increased environmental awareness....its not. the staff didn't suddenly lose all their ability so something is amiss.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

rosskend
post Posted: May 11 2007, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

Must have heard the Wolverine was coming - CEO MD resigned?!?!?!??! ;-)

"The Environmental Group Limited (EGL) has been advised by its Managing Director and
Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Michael (Mike) Williamson, of his decision to resign from
all positions with EGL effective 30 June 2007."

Hope they can get someone that will get this company going again - think wistfully everytime I drive by their place on the way to Tullamarine.

R/Ross

balance
post Posted: Apr 20 2007, 07:27 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Varmi on Friday 20/04/07 04:46pm

with a cutlery set like the wolv has I'd give him access to any proxy he wanted.

Reckon his tongue would sharper than those blades on his mits. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

Varmi
post Posted: Apr 20 2007, 03:46 PM
  Quote Post

hehe close to the truth Balance or insider info?

All those in favour for Wolv to be our representative as proxy say "I"

--------------------
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

62 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING