Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

Companies on the brink of collapse
krisbarry1
post Posted: Oct 6 2010, 04:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gjh's post @ Oct 4 2010, 04:14 PM

In a recapitalisation they will sell millions of new shares to raise the new equity, these new owners of shares will create a major rally to sell out at a profit right?

krisbarry1
post Posted: Oct 4 2010, 05:31 PM
  Quote Post

This is yet another example of a company too big to fail, so many business will be affected by the collapse of ABQ

krisbarry1
post Posted: Oct 4 2010, 05:29 PM
  Quote Post

Yes I have read and re-read many of the past announcements from ABQ and from what I can learn is that the business as a whole is a going concern. I have seen plenty of companies survive in these exact situations, they just need a genrous re-financing option, so there is hope and I truely are hoping for the best outcome. Not just for investors but for all the mum and dad franchisees too

veeone
post Posted: Oct 4 2010, 05:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: krisbarry1's post @ Oct 4 2010, 05:03 PM

I might just sit tight and see what plays out over the next few days

Kris right now that is the smartest move until the path forward is a bit clearer. They may come good with financing which they have alluded to. Did you read this bit in the last announcement. V1
Cookie Man turnover is only 10% of the group turnover and less than 10% of its profit and therefore in itself is not material to the overall financial result of the company. However the appointment of a liquidator to Cookie Man was a matter which could cause significant commercial damage and was considered material.

krisbarry1
post Posted: Oct 4 2010, 05:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Oct 4 2010, 04:37 PM

I might just sit tight and see what plays out over the next few days

flower
post Posted: Oct 4 2010, 04:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: krisbarry1's post @ Oct 4 2010, 04:09 PM

If it were me, and IF ABQ gets requoted, BEFORE any possible recapitalisation should that happen, I'd sell and run immediately on the requote--if you can--ie dont hang about! (Not advice-- please note)

Miracles rarely happen in share trading/investing!

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: krisbarry1  

gjh
post Posted: Oct 4 2010, 04:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: krisbarry1's post @ Oct 4 2010, 04:09 PM

In a recapitalisation they will sell millions of new shares to raise the new equity capital, enormously diluting existing holdings even if those existing shares have not been officially declared worthless.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: krisbarry1  

krisbarry1
post Posted: Oct 4 2010, 04:09 PM
  Quote Post

I guess it depends on what share price exisiting shareholders got into the stock. I am sitting around equal money, so what your saying is that after a re-structure and re-cap, I would find it hard to sell at equal money or a profit as the stock would drift down further?

gjh
post Posted: Oct 4 2010, 04:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: krisbarry1's post @ Oct 4 2010, 03:59 PM

Existing shareholders are often wiped out, or at least so heavily diluted it is effectively the same thing, following a restructure and recapitalisation.

krisbarry1
post Posted: Oct 4 2010, 03:59 PM
  Quote Post

How often is it that companies re-structure and re-list rather than going under all togther? Is a re-structure and recapatlisation a better option?

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING