Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

30 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLR, SILVER LAKE RESOURCES LIMITED
mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 18 2019, 04:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Mar 28 2019, 12:07 PM

looks like SLR and RMS are swapping places..
RMS being sold down from its 95 cent high to below 70 today, and SLR smashing through the dollar mark.
Love this rotation, another way to make a buck..
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

triage
post Posted: Mar 28 2019, 12:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 28 2019, 08:10 AM

Well the WA Supreme Court has okayed the schemes agreed to by Doray shareholders so the merger deal between Doray and Silver Lake should be done and dusted by 8 April (in time for Brexit! rolleyes.gif ). Don't know what the shorters are seeing, hopefully they do their dough. I've read all the arguments about shorters providing liquidity and such but much of the time I think they are parasites whose MO is to "short and distort" (as that article that blacksheep posted described it).

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 28 2019, 08:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bg99's post @ Mar 28 2019, 07:57 AM

I have sold half of my RMS and SLR shares in the past two days.
Both of them are well over 50% higher than when I bought in, so will not complain if they go higher.
But will certainly be looking for some opportunties if there is a pull back.
Added SBM after its big fall.
Still bullish on gold.
Pity silver is still languishing.

Mick

--------------------

bg99
post Posted: Mar 28 2019, 07:57 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Mar 27 2019, 07:37 PM

Morgan Stanley must think DRM is getting a good deal.... buying up over recent days..... hopefully not to short the stock though
https://newswire.iguana2.com/af5f4d73c1a54a..._holder_from_MS

Also I had a DRM rep ring me who was very strong minded in telling me to vote yes...... which I was going to anyway
You are right in that often things dont go as expected so will be interesting to see how it goes

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

triage
post Posted: Mar 27 2019, 07:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Mar 26 2019, 09:31 PM

It must be something else as the scheme has already been approved by Doray shareholders and pretty much all that is left to complete the merger is for the WA supreme court to okay it first thing tomorrow morning. Perhaps there is a view that Doray is getting the better of the deal than Silver Lake and that when the deal is done on 5 April SLR shares will adjust downwards to factor in that misvaluation (?). I have found with gold stocks (well actually with stocks generally) that whatever can go wrong does go wrong so maybe the deal is about to fall over at the last hurdle.

It has to be said that Silver Lake has enjoyed a wonderful run of late, since late November, similar to that of Ramelius. Both are benefitting from record high gold prices and both are sitting on over A$100m in cash and gold reserves. With the merger with Doray Silver Lake will overtake Ramelius in terms of ounces produced this fiscal year but both have been feeling their oats.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Mar 26 2019, 09:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Jan 1 2019, 11:25 AM

Large notable short alert reported yesterday - is someone betting this doesn't come off, or something else?
Mon 25th Mar, 2019 16,577,624 507,962,222 3.26% 17,895,709 92.63%

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=SLR
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 3 2019, 05:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Jan 1 2019, 11:25 AM

Nah Triage, I am not that smart to analyse too many things.
I am just loading up on gold stocks.
At l;east ones that actually produce something , rather than hype.
Mick

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  nipper  

triage
post Posted: Jan 1 2019, 11:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 1 2019, 10:26 AM

So, Mick, you think the merger with Doray will make Silver Lake a better company not just a bigger company?

They're getting some promising hits in some of the old Integra ground they acquired so maybe they don't need Doray so much. I always wished Chris Cairns had not been so timid when he was running Integra and the current Silver Lake management is showing that he actually had plenty to work with. I can only guess that the plan is to absorb Doray so as to get Silver Lake to have a big enough market cap as to get the index funds and institutions interested.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jan 1 2019, 10:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jan 1 2019, 07:32 AM

Riches await me..
patience needed for that elusive payday?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 1 2019, 07:32 AM
  Quote Post

Back into SLR.
Nill debt, cash flow positive.
Highly geared to an increase in gold price, which I reckon has already started.
Riches await me.
Mick

--------------------

30 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING