Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >   

Reply to this topic

Water
Nopoo
post Posted: Oct 17 2016, 01:52 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 9 2016, 09:13 AM

Thanks

fyi,

Quest Water (QWTR-OTC) announced it plans to build and operate a commercial water bottling facility in Havana, Cuba utilizing the atmosphere.

The atmospheric water bottling facility will be the first known water supply and bottling plant in the western hemisphere obtaining its water source through the extraction of atmospheric humidity.
The planned facility expects to commence with an output capacity of 1.1 million liters of water per month.
The planned facility’s state-of-the-art bottling equipment will allow the operations with a production rate estimated at approximately 12,000 bottles per hour in the 500ml format.
This equates to 96,000 bottles per day or 88,000 cases of 24, 500ml bottles per month.
These systems can produce approximately 40,000 liters of water per day based on the average climatic conditions in Havana.
The bottling facility will also utilize 100% biodegradable bottles that break down completely within six months after use with no residual effects to the environment.
The United Nations’ World Health Organization estimates that more than 3 billion cases of illness and 5 million deaths - the majority children - can be attributed annually to unsafe water.

The death rate for children alone is estimated at one every twenty seconds. Those numbers may rise in the early years of this century; world population surpassed seven billion in 2011.

It is expected to top eight billion by 2028. Most of the increases are expected to be in developing countries, increasing pressure on already inadequate water resources.

www.QuestWaterSolutions.com

--------------------
Nopoo

nipper
post Posted: Aug 11 2016, 10:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 9 2016, 09:13 AM

Duxton Water Limited http://www.duxtonwater.com.au/

Issue Price $1.10 per ordinary share

Security code D2O .............. (heavy, huh?)

Capital to be Raised Max $149,600,000

Expected offer close date 31 August 2016

The majority of Duxton Water's returns are expected to be generated via Water Entitlement leases with primary producers. These leases are structured in a similar manner to commercial leases where the asset title is held by the lessor and fixed annual rent is paid by the lessee. As such, Duxton Water presents investors with an asset that produces regular and predictable revenue streams and is uncorrelated with traditional asset classes. The Water Entitlements may potentially generate capital appreciation as they are held over a long term horizon.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 9 2016, 09:13 AM
  Quote Post

Retail brokers have been asked to look at plenty of listed investment companies over the past three years. Every fund says their pitch is unique but, in reality, most are either Australian equities or global equities funds.

Stockbrokers Taylor Collison and Morgans are out in the market with something genuinely different. The brokers are seeking to raise $99 million for alternative asset manager, Duxton Capital. Duxton Capital has $870 million under management, with the bulk of that money in agricultural investments.

The firm was spun-off from Deutsche Bank in 2009, as the Deutsche Bank Complex Asset team, in a move headed by Duxton chief executive officer Ed Peter and Stephen Duerden.

Brokers Taylor Collison and Morgans, as lead manager and co-manager respectively, started introducing Duxton to their broker networks and clients this week.

The pitch is all about getting access to Australia's $11 billion water market. Duxton said the portfolio would be focused on the Murray Darling Basin region, which accounts for two-thirds of Australia's water usage.

The new fund will start with a $38 million portfolio, which will be leased to related party primary producers and generate a gross initial yield of 5.9 per cent, according to a flyer sent to potential investors.

Duxton is seeking to have the funds raised by the end of August, with trading on the ASX expected on September 21. The brokers are selling securities for $1.10 each, with an attached option exercisable at $1.10 before May 2018.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 20 2016, 10:11 PM
  Quote Post

EMC - EMEFCY GROUP LIMITED

Emefcy develops advanced energy efficient wastewater treatment technologies for municipal and industrial plants.
- Emefcy energy efficient systems are cost competitive relative to conventional alternatives with respect to both capital and operating expenses
- The Spiral Aerobic Biofilm Reactor (SABRE) is a self respiring, prefabricated modular unit for biological wastewater treatment. It reduces energy consumption as well as sludge production, relative to conventional aerobic processes.
- The Electrogenic Bioreactor (EBR) uses electricity generating bacteria to treat wastewater, and produces green electricity as a byproduct. (not yet commercially viable - see website)
Water recycling is still a hot environmental issue but last decade's expensive and uneconomic desalination plant boom has taken the shine off the subject. The water treatment technology is there but the energy costs have been prohibitive.

Now a series of global 'long-term play' venture capitalists (long-term venture capitalists are a rare breed) believe they can start a new world water revolution by using modular technology that slashes the cost of energy to convert sewerage and other waste waters, not to drinking water, but to water that can be used on farms, gardens, in air conditioning, toilets and similar non-drinking uses. That slashes the need for top-quality water so less dams and other sources of high-quality water are required.

The technology comes from Israel and most of the capital comes from the US but, to the surprise of the locals Down Under, they have chosen Australia and Melbourne as their corporate base.

Somewhat stunned, conservative Australian institutions have suddenly become exposed to a global water technology play. I must warn you that I am no technology stock expert but shares in Emefcy Group are rising rapidly as local institutions become excited by the vision of the venture capitalists — and the vc's enthusiasm is infectious.

The technology arose when Israeli water technologists were working on a major long-term industrial waste technology system. They realised that part of the system — an aerated, low energy use membrane filter — could be separated and had great market potential. They set up a pilot plant and it worked. They will complete a full scale plant in Israel in the next few months and a second is planned for a top hotel in the Virgin Islands.

Clearly there are risks in going from pilot plants to full scale plants but the Emefcy people say that the technology operates through identical modules and so can be increased in scale without complications.

The enthusiastic venture capitalists explain to Australian institutions that just as solar panels are decentralising the power system away from the big generators so Emefcy technology will decentralise water processing into smaller towns and large capital city buildings.

But before you get carried away, remember that the company 'back door' listed in Australia and, while it has made substantial investments in plant development, the balance sheet shows that it's cash reserves are only about $10 million.

Emefcy obviously wants to lift its share price so it can raise more capital. Clearly, the current enthusiasm for the shares stems partly because of the global track record of Richard Irving, Eytan Levy, Ross Haghighat, Peter Marks and Robert Vale. And while we can see the potential in western capital cities and rural communities, the really big potential market is China where water recycling is planned on a huge scale.

Clearly, the full-scale plants have to work and the company's claims that they have a two-year technology break on any rivals needs to be right. In addition they are planning a funding system whereby the individual plants will be owned by infrastructure investors looking for a safe return based on contracts from communities, hotel chains etc to buy the industrial water.

The desire of infrastructure investors to achieve a safe return reduces capital outlays and increases the returns from the technologies. In theory, Emefcy can create a global water revolution but remember, at this stage, a commercial size plant is not yet in operation and the company is under capitalised. But increasingly these sort of projects are going to come onto the Australian market because disruptive technology is advancing on many fronts and our stock exchanges allow much easier entry than many others and the market has a high reputation.
Robert Gottliebsen, in his usual breathess plugging style

EMC doing quite well - listed in Dec, hovered around 20c for a while, recently moved quickly this month from 45c to 70c. Don't know much about it, but ....

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 28 2015, 12:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 28 2015, 12:02 PM

that water Fund is unlisted ... but there is exposure through BAF (Blue Sky Alternatives Access Fund Limited), and now is some 32% of the listed fund
The Alternatives Fund's investment in the Water Fund increased by 2.97% in June, producing a gain of over 25.0% for the 2014/15 Water Year.

The Water Fund is expected to pay a distribution to the Alternatives Fund in July equivalent to 2.0% of the Water Fund's Net Asset Value to all unitholders as at 30 June 2015.

Blue Sky has long held the view that water entitlements in the southern Murray Darling Basin ('MDB') were fundamentally undervalued, and we continue to anticipate the southern MDB will witness further appreciation.

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 28 2015, 12:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 28 2015, 12:00 PM

Oops got that wrong. for some reason I thought the past was about websters who bought Tandou.
sorry for the mistake.😵

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 28 2015, 12:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 27 2015, 10:35 AM

I suspect most of the profit in water has come from the takeover of Tandou, who were big water traders.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Jul 27 2015, 10:35 AM
  Quote Post

A water trading fund managed by listed private equity company Blue Sky Alternative Investments has achieved a return of more than 32 per cent in fiscal 2015 as farmers flock to cheaper land and invest in high-return crops in the areas where the fund has purchased water.

In a private report sent to unitholders the fund's managers said they anticipated the southern Murray Darling Basin would see further appreciation alongside the impact of El Nino and the significant investment that has occurred in the area's irrigated farming including cotton, almonds, walnuts, dairy and citrus."While we have long held the view that Water Entitlements in the southern Murray Darling Basin were fundamentally undervalued, these gains occurred more quickly than we anticipated."

The fund manger said annual crop producers, most especially cotton and rice, were likely to start to rethinking their planting programs for 2015-2016.

"At some point it may become more rewarding to sell their meagre allocated volumes than it is to grow a summer crop. We're not at that point yet, but unless we do start to see some decent winter rainfalls, prices are likely to break higher to commence the process of rationing scarce water volumes going into spring." "Our portfolio is well positioned for this dry scenario as we've aggregated a high proportion of high-reliability water entitlements."

Cotton prices are also well up in Australian dollar terms making such crops very profitable if water is available. In the southern Murray Darling Basin three huge cotton milling gins have been constructed in the last few years as farmers and investors convert many of the existing farms to higher margin cotton production.

Farmers have come to the region because of the relatively cheaper prices of land compared to traditional cotton farming regions of northern NSW such as Moree.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Jul 6 2015, 09:16 PM
  Quote Post

Chile's Growing Desert Is Closing In on the Country's Capital

The world's driest desert is expanding south and sitting in its path is Chile's capital.

Santiago, a city of 7 million people 1,000 kilometers (622 miles) from the Atacama desert, is experiencing its driest year since 1966. Similar to California's situation with the Sierra Nevadas, little to no snow has fallen in the Andes mountains that supply most of Santiago's water.

"Climatic zones are shifting south," University of Chile geography professor Francisco Ferrand said. "Santiago is likely to move to a condition of a desert or semi-desert. What is happening is probably associated with global warming and there's no sign of it slowing."

Santiago need only look 300 kilometers north to see how bad things can get as its drought continues for an eighth year amid record high global temperatures. Farmers in the once-fertile valleys of the Choapa and Limari rivers that lived for generations on agriculture are ripping up orchards, losing livestock and in some cases abandoning homes as wells dry and waterways slow to a trickle.

Near the origin of the Limari river, Paloma reservoir -- Latin America's largest for irrigation -- is all but empty. Sluice gates are shut, the little water that remains doesn't reach the dam and most of the basin is dry, cracked earth. The image is repeated 30 kilometers away where Cogoti reservoir is empty. Closer to Santiago, the Culimo dam is dry.

Around the river valleys, fields are filled with the stumps of once-productive avocado trees and almond groves. Grapevines are a thatch of dried stems.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...st-desert-grows

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

nipper
post Posted: Nov 19 2013, 11:18 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jwlkr's post @ Aug 12 2010, 09:29 PM

interesting 15 minute presentation on water usage in Australia and its transitional status impacted by Chinese demand on agricultural products

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xBKOilW_CM...eature=youtu.be

(such as cotton displacing rice, etc)

--------------------

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING