Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

JHX, JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES SE
ShareNovis
post Posted: Nov 10 2007, 03:56 PM
  Quote Post

gerd96,

No, I didn't see the downgrade. Have you got access to it? Can you post it or post the link? Thanks.

I notice that over the last month or so there has been a bit of loading up:

Concord Capital became a substantial shareholder and has bought a fair bit 23,723,697 (5.07% of JHX) &

PERPETUAL LIMITED and subsidiaries Increased their holding from 32,868,865 (7.03%) to 37,715,602 (8.06%)

Lazard Asset Management Increased their holding from 52,157,165 (11.17%) to 57,036,540 (12.20%).

I guess if these guys are loading up, it does show confidence in the stock. They're no slouches when it comes to investing and getting good returns in the end.

Also, Westpac and my broker value the shares at over $10 although the share price is weak at the moment.

Time to buy some more soon, I think. smile.gif

I went to the Hardies website and tried to get a dividend date but it's not posted there. My guess would be that if they paid dividends in June 2007, then they will pay in December or January with the date to be announced in November 19th Q208 report.

gerd96
post Posted: Nov 10 2007, 03:21 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ShareNovis on Saturday 10/11/07 02:53pm

I wouldn't hold my breath. Have you seen the downgrading from Huntley's?
I guess this is about the best time to really top up big if you can do it.
Have a look at the latest announcements; people are topping up. At least some confidence.
Lets wait till later this month and see what the dividend is going to be.
Anyone has a registration date for the Div.?
Cheers, GERD

--------------------
I rather go without, than have nothing at all.

ShareNovis
post Posted: Nov 10 2007, 02:53 PM
  Quote Post

surely the rebound must come soon. I know JHX is exposed to the US but enough is enough grrr.gif laughingsmiley.gif . The turnaround will come soon. unsure.gif

hungry
post Posted: Oct 26 2007, 03:45 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: gerd96 on Friday 26/10/07 03:26pm

[QUOTE] Terribly worried.

You have reason to be if your still holding long. It has failed it's triple bottom & broken support on the 4th attempt, which usually means it is bad news.
I went short on the break below support @ 7.00. Its now dropping on rising (& large) volume in what appears to be an impulsive downtrend.
FA is not terribly good atm either imo with exposure to downturn in USA.
Cheers

gerd96
post Posted: Oct 26 2007, 03:26 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Kiss on Friday 12/10/07 08:15pm

This certainly is taking its time. How many "small drops" do you need to allow for growth?
Terribly worried. Gerd

--------------------

Kiss
post Posted: Oct 12 2007, 08:15 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: hungry on Friday 12/10/07 01:32pm

Good things take time. Small drops are required to allow further growth.

--------------------
I am not qualified to give financial advice, including that required for equities.

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

gerd96
post Posted: Oct 12 2007, 03:21 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: hungry on Friday 12/10/07 01:32pm

Sure, another good opportunity to buy at low, undervalued price. But don't forget it won't change much till JHX stop their daily share buy back. Just look at the small amounts going through all day, and all the time an extra Dollar down. Very clever the way they rig the market. No wonder people have little convidence in JHX. By the time Novemeber comes around, not too much to hand out in dividends. thumbdown.gif
cheers GERD

--------------------

hungry
post Posted: Oct 12 2007, 01:32 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Kiss on Thursday 11/10/07 12:21am

Out of mine, not doing what I hoped. Taking prof on most other things also after the reversal patt in USA last night.
Might be another good 'short' opp now tho.
Cheers

Kiss
post Posted: Oct 11 2007, 12:21 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: hungry on Wednesday 10/10/07 01:39pm

Hungry,

I am happy with the progess but have a stop ready to act with if it decides to turn down.

Cheers.

--------------------
I am not qualified to give financial advice, including that required for equities.

Kiss
post Posted: Oct 11 2007, 12:18 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ShareNovis on Wednesday 10/10/07 01:26pm

I think it has some potential but I don't hold. Ultimately your own opinion will be better for you though.
Take care.

--------------------

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING