Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NEM, NEWMONT MINING CORPORATION
flower
post Posted: Nov 2 2010, 11:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jul 29 2010, 08:39 AM

Q3 profit even better---the profitability of NEM should be reflected in some ASX totally unhedged gold producers and many Oz based gold miners have all their production facilities in a USD trading bloc area--like Africa
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK, Nov 2 (Reuters) - Newmont Mining Corp (NEM.N: Quote) beat Wall Street estimates with a 38 percent increase in quarterly profit, driven by record gold prices, but again lowered the 2010 production target at its flagship Australian mine.

Third-quarter net earnings rose to $537 million, or $1.09 per share, from $388 million, or 79 cents per share, a year earlier, the world's No. 2 gold producer said on Tuesday.

Sales rose to $2.6 billion from $2.0 billion as the price of gold has hit highs above $1,350 per ounce in recent months.

Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 95 cents per share and revenue of $2.37 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

flower
post Posted: Jul 29 2010, 08:39 AM
  Quote Post

Whilst we can no longer trade NEM, as an indicator to the health of the major unhedged gold producers its worth noting that overnight NEM's Q2 report showed Revenue up 34% to over USD2b---Earnings per share up over 100% from 33c to 77c a share---and the Dividend declared up 50%.

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Feb 4 2010, 09:40 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Feb 4 2010, 09:09 AM

Expect resistance at 5.30, first target 6.00
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Feb 4 2010, 09:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: sabretoothed's post @ May 22 2009, 12:15 PM

Apparantly March calls for NEM have been hot property for several weeks, overnight reports from US brokers suggest anybody short NEM may be in for a wealth shock on Feb 25th when they profit report.

Gold sales are likely to be some USD300 poz higher than last profit report with costs far lower than last profit report. ie NEM becomes seriously more profitable.

Point being: NEM a massive worldwide player, NEM influences sentiment towards gold stocks worldwide, and with Boddington being officially opened yesterday, ASX NEM may recieve more attention.

Overnight sentiment waned a touch for gold, but NEM.N marched on.

Remember the Boy Scout Motto?!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jul 24 2009, 02:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 17 2009, 03:54 PM

Overnight NEM did in fact rreport lower production costs in line with the lower
oil costs mining incurrs. Taxation much higher though.

Production costs now USD423 per ounce giving NEM a 124% profit on each ounce mined. (today)

NEM also announced that the year long ramp up into full production for its WA new mine
at Boddington WA starts August 1st.

So: Whilst the chart looks dismal, given Boddington is in OZ now is Fundamentally the time
to be considering NEM.

Its been a long time since Oz had a new gold mine of substance.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jul 20 2009, 02:56 PM
  Quote Post

NEM--before the Q2 report.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

flower
post Posted: Jul 17 2009, 03:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 17 2009, 03:54 PM

icon14.gif

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jul 17 2009, 03:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jul 17 2009, 03:38 PM

Did you understand Sabre's point?
you are buying the NEM US price with AU dollars
That makes for a stronger AUD, meaning you get more NEM.AX per Aussie. As the same exchange factor applies to the pog, it follows that the CDIs are tracking the gold price in AUD with exactly the same correlation as the US Mother follows the pog in greenbacks.Quite simple, really rolleyes.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: Jul 17 2009, 03:38 PM
  Quote Post

NEM worldwide due to report next Tuesday.

Likely to show much lower productions costs. (in USD)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

sabretoothed
post Posted: May 22 2009, 12:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ May 22 2009, 10:34 AM

Yes it does, if you buy it on the Australian exchange you are buying the NEM US price with AU dollars, thence even if NEM runs if the $AU goes up it just stands still rofl!!!

That's why it's hardly moving compared to the real one!

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING