Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

CAB, CABCHARGE AUSTRALIA LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Mar 5 2016, 06:14 PM
  Quote Post

Uber is among the highest valued technology start-ups in the world, if not the highest, while Cabcharge is losing its domination, and its shares have fallen in the region of 80 per cent in the past eight years. So, why would anyone prefer to invest in a company that is losing market share to one that is gaining market share?
Admittedly Uber is sexy; while Cabcharge is the antithesis of sexy. But sexy doesn't always mean super profits. As an investor, what you are looking for is returns you can bank. And right now, Cabcharge is producing the kinds of free cashflow that make the unprofitable Uber look undesirable. In the first half Cabcharge's operating cashflow was $21m and its capital expenditure was $8m, which was mainly on new technology.

..... But the Australian taxi group is far from dead. It has almost 7350 affiliated taxis and processes a third of all taxi payments, worth $1.1bn in fiscal 2015.

Uber and similar technologies have not yet had much impact on the market. .... even if Uber achieves domination, rather than virtually ubiquitous as it is now, Cabcharge will be one of those left standing as the industry responds to recent electronic payment fee cuts.

The bottom line is that Cabcharge is trading at close to its net tangible assets, has been reducing its debt and is delivering a yield of close to 7 per cent.

There is also its bus business joint venture CDC, which isn't sexy but is by any standard a good earner: a bus drives along, and people pay you their cash. The JV reported revenue during the half of $100m and earnings before interest and tax of almost $30m.
Richard Hemming is an independent analyst who edits www.undertheradarreport.com. au

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Carsha
post Posted: Nov 15 2012, 04:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 30 2012, 11:56 AM

Yes got stopped out on this trade only to see the price reverse and put me well in profit if I would have still held.

Now I see a few contracts didnt come though and the market has sold it down.
Not eager to jump back in with negative news all around but will be watching.

Where do you see support Arty?

CS

arty
post Posted: Jul 30 2012, 11:56 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Carsha's post @ Jun 13 2012, 04:51 PM

You may have jumped the gun. I waited for the new FY.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Carsha
post Posted: Jun 13 2012, 04:51 PM
  Quote Post

Looks like the market panicked on this one for no real reason.
Since the please explain the sp reversed and looks like gaining some more
upward momentum tomorrow.
Bought some CAB at $5.16
Will set my stop loss at the buy price.
This will be a short term trade for me

CS

arty
post Posted: Aug 26 2010, 09:34 PM
  Quote Post

Good Grief! Over a year without a single peep!

Somehow, this stock's breakout slipped even under my radar. I'm sure I saw the signals earlier, but missed adding it to my daily watchlist grrr.gif What a predictable - and soo pleasant! - breakout today!
Now I'll have to wait and hope it retraces a little - how about a re-test of the break level? Say $4.45? Pleeeze? rolleyes.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

johnel
post Posted: Mar 9 2009, 09:37 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: BSA's post @ Mar 9 2009, 08:53 AM

Yes I agree 6.40 next target after that 7.00 may get there if Mr market can hold these levels ??? I don't hold.

Featured Stock Stories

BSA
post Posted: Mar 9 2009, 08:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: johnel's post @ Mar 6 2009, 01:20 PM

Hi Johnel,

Not sure I would call it an uptrend since Feb, but more a sideways movement at the bottom of a two year down trend. It has formed a small ascending triangle and moved above resistance last Friday on increasing volume(potential projected target of $6.40 if it can cut the mustard??). A director squeezed out a $1mill sell into the past few days.

Cheers

--------------------

johnel
post Posted: Mar 6 2009, 01:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Kuri's post @ Dec 5 2008, 07:34 PM

Good uptrend since mid feb, also MACD has positive uptrend.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Kuri
post Posted: Dec 5 2008, 07:34 PM
  Quote Post

This thread is quiet when Cabcharge is the talk of the town. Or does this take me back to Kerry Packers favourite saying that when a cabbie gives him a hot stock tip, sell them akll as fast as you can!

The share price looks attractive in a "recession" proof stock though.

--------------------
[color="#ff0000"]WARNING: Do not make any financial decisions based on anything in this post.[/color]

toilet
post Posted: May 26 2008, 08:20 AM
  Quote Post

Looks like forming a make or break situation though.

Probably with some new/announcment to send this one either lower

or re-rated higher.

atm looks like its going to break lower though.
once 8.75 is breached.

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING