Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

ACE, ADVANCED ENGINE COMPONENTS LIMITED
alcro1
post Posted: Jun 10 2008, 09:04 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: RADIO on Tuesday 10/06/08 11:10am

With the rush on coal seam gas producers and the plans for conversion to LNG for export it will be interesting to see how long before the market catches on to the fact LNG engines are the immediate future in Asia.

Even the Port of Los Angeles in the U.S.A. is mandating only LNG powered trucks service the port. It is the fourth biggest in the world and creates huge pollution problems.

Similar story in India where legislation is trying to clean up commercial transport (and EDEN energy is involved with Hythane).

If ACE can grab a reasonable proportion of the market they should do very well.

Does anyone know of any other Aussie companies developing similar technology?

RADIO
post Posted: Jun 10 2008, 11:10 AM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (06/06/2008 10:45:00):
ACE - China Case Study in Sales Potential - Mr Graham Keys, Chairman

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vind
post Posted: May 8 2008, 08:54 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: vind on Friday 02/05/08 01:29pm

One of many in the pipeline ...............Company Announcements Office 8 May 2008
Australian Stock Exchange Limited
By: e-lodgement (ASX code: ACE)
THAI SALES ORDER FOR $500,000
Advanced Engine Components Limited (“ACE”) is pleased to announce an order to build
and deliver compressed natural gas (“CNG”) engines, with a sales value of $500,000, to
the Union Bus Service Company of Thailand (“Union Bus”).
The engines will be purchased and on sold by the Monika/ACE Thai joint venture (“JV”).
ACE has a 21% interest in the JV (refer ACE’s ASX announcement of 11 July 2007). As
well as an interest in the JV profits, ACE installs the ACE natural gas vehicle systems
(“NGVS”) on the selected Chinese base engines and sells the completed CNG engines to
the JV.
ACE has sold 172 natural gas (“NG”) engines into Thailand, through the JV, since the JV’s
inception in June 2007. Of the 172 engines sold into Thailand, 97 were delivered pre 31
March 2008 and the balance, including the current order from Union Bus, will be delivered
before 30 June 2008.
The JV also supplies Union Bus with additional components such as CNG cylinders;
assists with the engine installation and re-powering of the buses; assists with
commissioning; and trains Union Bus employees on future maintenance and servicing
requirements.
The Thai Government and PTT Public Company Ltd (“PTT”), Thailand’s largest energy
provider, are very supportive in encouraging Thai bus and truck operators to convert from
diesel to NG. This support includes capping the NG price at 50% of the price of diesel
(currently 30%); PTT building a nationwide network of CNG refuelling stations; PTT offering
to build CNG refuelling facilities at operators depots if they operate more than 200 NG
vehicles; and low interest loans to promote conversions.
Less than 2,000 of Thailand’s 800,000 heavy duty vehicles currently operate on NG. PTT
has forecast Thailand’s growth in NG vehicles will be at least 50% pa over the next five
years.
With Government initiatives, abundant natural gas reserves (approximately 38.24
TCF), expanding NG refuelling infrastructure and the forecast growth in NG
vehicles, Thailand is one of ACE’s most important markets. As well as current
ACE NG engine sales to Thailand there is significant potential, for further growth
in Thai sales revenues, both immediately and long term.
For further information contact Tony Middleton, Managing Director, on +618 9209
6900; or email shares@advancedengine.com CHEERS

vind
post Posted: May 2 2008, 01:29 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (carneius @ Friday 02/05/08 01:05pm)

Hi Carneius , ACE has gone up 100% since I last posted, they have dozens of trials world wide and contracts are now being inked in . One I certainly like. COMMERCIAL READY GRANT FROM AUSTRALIAN GOVT. ..................................... As of 1 January 2008 all new heavy duty vehicles in Australia must comply with Euro 4
emission standards. To comply, Isuzu has released a new range of 295 and 510hp, Euro
4, diesel powered trucks.
ACE’s current development programme will enable the 295 and 510hp Isuzu vehicle
operators to convert their diesel engines to CNG or LNG engines through the incorporation
of ACE’s NGVS. Once converted, the vehicles operating on NG will comply with Euro 4
emission standards and maintain the same performance as the diesel equivalent. Isuzu has approximately 40% of Australia’s urban return-to-base truck market. The Isuzu
295hp vehicles, used for refuse collection, concrete delivery, urban delivery and general
transport, represent approximately 17% of Australia’s total truck market.
The 510hp engine, for the longer-haul intercity and interstate truck and trailer-unit market,
is a relatively new but significant market for Isuzu. .................Cheers

carneius
post Posted: May 2 2008, 01:05 PM
  Quote Post

Hi Acers

The little battler is starting to stir. The brr is worth a listen especially when it comes to sales expectations for June Qtr and how they are going to fund working capital going forward.

This is a paragragh from a question I put to ACE asking for comparisons for previous qtrs compared to June qtr expectations.

"Orders (not sales delivered) over the last three quarters have been: Sept 07 (154); Dec 07 (205) and Mar 08 (52).

The March quarter was low due to the Christmas/ New Year period and the February Chinese New Year holiday period. In addition, a number of proposed March orders are known to have been held over into April.

ACE has already received 100 orders in the month of April and has been advised of approximately 250 that are imminent"

It`s nice to debtors and inventory at $3m (from brr presentation) thats takes pressure off cash and may soon be good enough for an O/draft for working capital.

http://www.brr.com.au/asx/ACE

C

wintermute
post Posted: Apr 5 2008, 10:49 PM
  Quote Post

yes I'd been eyeing it off at around the 6c level, but the volume just wasn't there, big gap between buyers and sellers too. just couldn't bring myself to commit in the current market climate. Wishing I had now. seems the way with my speccies at the moment, most seem to be getting some momentum back after having the living daylights kicked out of them.

I'm tempted to buy some now, but still think any bad days in the US could see another drop (not just in ACE but accross the board)... I was trying to develop a new buy the bad days sell the good ones type approach, for the current market climate, but haven't been successful in implementing it yet wink.gif I tend to buy for the long term, so it is hard to change ones ways.

Tony.

--------------------
Any intelligence I may appear to have is purely artificial.

Information posted should be considered opinion only, and may have been arrived at through incorrect interpretations or assumptions... caveat emptor!!

Featured Stock Stories

vind
post Posted: Apr 2 2008, 09:41 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: carneius on Friday 01/02/08 01:38pm

Directors know exactly when a bottom is ... 3 directors bought in to ACE for 1.278mill shares late March.. Last 2 days has seen this up 20% on very low volume and few sellers in sight ....Cheers

carneius
post Posted: Feb 1 2008, 01:38 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: wintermute on Friday 01/02/08 10:25am

Hi wintermute

May well be cash flow positive by now as the appendix 4c only shows receipts from customers not amounts owing by customers, so it could be misleading as the ramp up in sales occurred in the Dec qtr and those receipts would come through in the Mar qtr. Which ever way you look at it average $180,000 pm to $450,000 pm with a strong order book is better than its been ever.

C

stezz
post Posted: Feb 1 2008, 01:18 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: wintermute on Friday 01/02/08 01:25pm

I haven't been following ACE for a long time and just read the quarterly. It looks quite positive especially with the share price down around 11c.

My guess would be the only thing holding it back short term is the prospect of another capital raising. With $900k cash left things would be getting a bit tight again, or am i missing something?

wintermute
post Posted: Feb 1 2008, 12:25 PM
  Quote Post

yes the revenue seems to be ramping up as anticipated. Still not cashflow positive but looking a lot better smile.gif

Tony.

--------------------
Any intelligence I may appear to have is purely artificial.

Information posted should be considered opinion only, and may have been arrived at through incorrect interpretations or assumptions... caveat emptor!!

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING