Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

44 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

ABS, A.B.C. LEARNING CENTRES LIMITED
daggie
post Posted: Jan 14 2009, 03:51 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: alonso on Wednesday 26/11/08 02:10pm

Good day ABS holders and sufferers,
we had got paperwork from Dennis & Co. solicitors and they are going to lodge a claim against ABC Group, its auditors for compensation for the lost of the value of shareholding in ABC. The same group of solicitors have recently received money from administrators of Sons of Gwalia to be distributed to the shareholders who joined in this legal action.
They are asking for a retainer fee of $500 plus GST, saying they will not ask for any further funds or charge any fees unless the claim is successful.
Maybe for someone who is going to loose a lot of money, like us, it may be worthwhile to consider. Will supply their address, email, phone, etc. on request should anybody be interested. There are already some shareholders going ahead with the them to try to recover, if possible, something.

alonso
post Posted: Nov 26 2008, 02:10 PM
  Quote Post

http://business.smh.com.au/business/care-f...81126-6idc.html

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

alonso
post Posted: Nov 24 2008, 02:53 PM
  Quote Post

http://business.smh.com.au/business/empty-...81124-6fkk.html

when do the treason trials start for the schmucks who lent this mob good money and where do I get a seat?

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

Avenger
post Posted: Nov 10 2008, 05:08 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: wolverine on Sunday 09/11/08 08:19pm

Hi Wolf

I must admit, you sound pretty smart to me! devilsmiley.gif

Regards

Avenger

arty
post Posted: Nov 9 2008, 10:10 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: henrietta on Sunday 09/11/08 08:08pm

Good on her, J

Some families are still valuing a good education and supporting their kids - it seems yours is one of them. Flower's too by the sound of it. The sad fact is: The families that do, have rarely more than two children, because a proper education (you mention private school) costs more than the average family can afford. And both parents have to work so they can keep up with the neighbours, are encouraged to consume like crazy, but must not touch their little darlings because a harsh word could hurt their feelings... ohmy.gif wacko.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

vida
post Posted: Nov 9 2008, 09:51 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: henrietta on Sunday 09/11/08 09:08pm

at work we retained an actuary for an expert report on some property transaction representations. he billed $550 an hour and that was a negotiated very discounted rate

Featured Stock Stories

henrietta
post Posted: Nov 9 2008, 09:08 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: arty on Sunday 09/11/08 11:15am

Hi Arty

I have a niece on a full scholarship to Melbourne University, was Dux of her (private) secondary school and could take any course she liked. She's studying to be an actuary, and absolutely loves it.

No doubt she will be well remunerated.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

wolverine
post Posted: Nov 9 2008, 08:19 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: farmer fred on Sunday 09/11/08 09:10am

the lawyers who all seem to be hovering in the background all the time

yes, farmer fred those greedy parasites feeding hungrily on the system.

it starts with plaintiff lawyers exhorting punters up to the plate and it takes another group to defend. the defenders 'tut tut' the dubious ethics of the plaintiff lawyers whilst (apologetically) ripping money out of bewildered defendants pockets.

ABS....once again, the winning tickets are held NOT by stakeholders but by the (ahem) voluntary administrators and lawyers.

geez, avenger am i starting to sound like you?

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

ooga
post Posted: Nov 9 2008, 03:01 PM
  Quote Post

The logo for ABC Learning Centres includes a bear. Very appropriate indeed.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Misinformation by any other name is misinformation.

surfer
post Posted: Nov 9 2008, 02:25 PM
  Quote Post

Flower i agree with you 100 percent. Pity politicans don't think the same way. mad.gif

44 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING