Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5073 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
johnnytech
post Posted: Nov 12 2019, 08:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Johnny H's post @ Nov 12 2019, 04:31 AM

I called Broadridge. After 8 different 800 numbers and 3 different transfers, I finally got somebody who deals with proxy votes. He looked up Clinuvel in his system and said they do not deal with proxy votes for Clinuvel. He could not help with guidance on how to find the right intermediary proxy company either.

This is the number if somebody else wants to give it a go.

866-232-3037 general proxy.

I have shares at Wells Fargo, Ameritrade, and Fidelity. I haven't got any push notifications yet. But I'll reach out tomorrow and pull.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Johnny H  investek  

hibchibbler
post Posted: Nov 12 2019, 08:07 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Johnny H's post @ Nov 12 2019, 04:31 AM

That's a good game..

LevelHeaded2000
post Posted: Nov 12 2019, 07:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: endymion96's post @ Nov 12 2019, 06:18 AM

For sure, it is worth watching as I stated, but right now there is a long chain of IFs that require it to affect our investment in a non-speculative way. It needs to prove safety over a period, effectiveness, and commercially viable. The company developing could shelf it and we don't hear about it for the next 10 years. Especially considering it is a pill it could cause elevated liver risks, which is especially risky in EPP where patients have toxicity of the liver. It could prove not very effective or to have a worse safety profile. Even if it is effective it may not be approved because regulatory agencies tend not to approve drugs that are equally as effective, but less safe as existing treatments. That would only put patients at unnecessary risk.

My point is simply everything is evolving. This drug is on step A. It might make it to the finish line of step Z, but a lot of drugs disappear on their way to step Z. If later trials of this drug prove less safe or have some other undesireable characteristics, then I imagine they will try to buy Clinuvel. Keep an eye on it, but don't lose sleep yet is my opinion. Until then, let's hope we get some good news at the AGM.

endymion96
post Posted: Nov 12 2019, 06:18 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: LevelHeaded2000's post @ Nov 12 2019, 03:58 AM

This will become a major threat ... it all depends on the degree of efficacy. If it works, but not that well ... then we can all breathe a sigh of relief. If it works just as well as Scenesse, then its simply a matter of time until their drug is approved. We all must pay attention to the results which will be released in early 2020 at the scientific congress whatever that is. It will be impactful to our investment.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: xlnja  Johnny H  

Johnny H
post Posted: Nov 12 2019, 04:31 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: LevelHeaded2000's post @ Nov 12 2019, 04:12 AM

Assuming that the ADR voting is real, and PunkassDerm's proxy wasn't a mistake....

Here's what I know so far.

There has not been an "unsolicited" proxy as of yet. Unsolicited means that your brokerage automatically receives the ballot, and then forwards that ballot to you.

So far, we know of one example, and it was solicited.

For foreign voting, US companies use a company called Broadridge to handle the ballots. As of today, there is nothing in the Broadridge database that indicates that CLVLY shares are votable. However, it seems that if brokers contact Broadridge manually, they are able to get the proxy forms and process the votes. It takes about a week.

If your brokerage's corporate reorganization department doesn't already have the contact information for Broadridge, their number is 800-464-8683.

Edit: Punkass beat me to it again. I am also an Apex predator. Maybe I need to switch to Ameritrade.

--------------------
"In today’s world some shareholders enjoy complaining to Board and management but then they do not sell their stock, they hold on and sometimes buy even more."

Said 'Thanks' for this post: PunkassDerm  investek  johnnytech  

PunkassDerm
post Posted: Nov 12 2019, 04:24 AM
  Quote Post

They can, through an intermediary.
Broadridge. This is who TD Ameritrade used.
Maybe I got a little more love as an apex client.

https://www.broadridge.com/financial-servic...4PAXaVGB4yv2jrg

Said 'Thanks' for this post: LevelHeaded2000  

Featured Stock Stories

LevelHeaded2000
post Posted: Nov 12 2019, 04:12 AM
  Quote Post

I hold my shares at Fidelity and thus far there has been no voting info:
There are no open proxy campaigns available at this time. You can expect to be notified prior to a company meeting.

If I get one though I will vote No even though I don't think it is the end of the world if it passes I still think the terms should be modified slightly.

Regardless, I look forward to all the activity at the AGM. Is anyone here attending so they can report back?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: PunkassDerm  

LevelHeaded2000
post Posted: Nov 12 2019, 04:04 AM
  Quote Post

What would be interesting is if Mitsubishi Tanabe tried to buy out Clinuvel eventually. It is demonstrated they are already interested in the space.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: odi01  the near future  Kalaz  

LevelHeaded2000
post Posted: Nov 12 2019, 03:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Desert Rat's post @ Nov 12 2019, 03:52 AM

Is it a threat? Sure, but there are a lot of IFs. If it proves safe, effective, something regulators will pass, and something Mitsubishi Tanabe wants to continue investing in, etc. If any of those IFs fail, then it disappears into the vapor like so many pharmacy ventures do. Even pretending all the IFs come to pass it will still be many years away. For now, I don't think it is a huge worry.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: johnnytech  Kalaz  

Desert Rat
post Posted: Nov 12 2019, 03:52 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: sharelooker's post @ Nov 12 2019, 02:51 AM

The major factor in CUV's share price retreat post-FDA approval is simple: the company was not prepared to start selling afamelanotide in the US. Drug Cos. don't make money simply getting approval- they make money selling a drug. The advent of an oral MC1r agonist agent, as with dersimelagon from Mitsubishi Tanabe is a real threat to this company and it exacerbates CUV's lack of preparation to immediately start selling into the US market. I also voted down the outrageous CEO compensation/performance rights package, but it will no doubt pass anyway with the PW sycophants on the BOD.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Johnny H  xlnja  

5073 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING