Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

47 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

ALD, ALLIED GOLD MINING PLC
nebo
post Posted: Jun 21 2011, 05:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ShareScene.com's post @ Jun 21 2011, 11:12 AM

Wow, Almost had a heart attack after changing out of Allied into Integra, (now they are producing)and finding them up 500% today.

No announcement on their website as yet but ASX has 1 for 6 consolidation for Aussie stock to facilitate CDI overseas.

regards,
Nebo.

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jun 21 2011, 11:12 AM
  Quote Post

Name updated by request:

ALLIED GOLD LIMITED (ALD)

to

ALLIED GOLD MINING PLC (ALD)

Regards,
Share Scene Admin

dory
post Posted: Nov 30 2010, 07:34 PM
  Quote Post

Hi- chart wise ald looking not to shabby atm picked up a few today see how it pans out ????

triage
post Posted: Oct 6 2010, 06:23 PM
  Quote Post

Allied put out an announcement today. For those of you who are more lyrical than literate here is what I think they were trying to say in the announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whLCjP5L7QA&feature=fvsr

Maybe it's because the Allied boss thinks snake skin boots are cool but for some reason Allied appears to only inspire an awkward silence amongst gold bugs. For instance, if you use 12 months ago as a base for their share prices, that of Perseus (PRU), a west african focused goldie, has increased by 150% in that time whereas the share price of Allied has done not a thing (it dropped and has recently recovered to about what it was a year ago).

So how do the two stocks compare.

1. ALD is based in PNG and Solomon Islands and PRU is based in Ghana and Ivory Coast. I'd put them on a tie as far as country risk goes.
  2. ALD has a market cap of A$504m and PRU has a market cap of A$1,180m. PRU casts twice as big a shadow as ALD.
  3. ALD has about A$65m in cash, whilst PRU has about A$185m in cash. ALD currently has A$35m in debt whilst PRU is currently debt free. So their enterprise values are a tad closer than their market caps. But even then PRU's EV is roughly twice that of ALD's.
  4. Another factor is that ALD is currently producing and is cashflow positive whereas PRU has one, most likely two, operations to develop, and so has arranged a loan facility for a maximum of US$85m. So soon enough PRU is likely to be carrying substantial debt and ALD is positioned to pay back its debt in fairly short order (if it wants).
  5. To secure this loan facility PRU has been required to hedge a fair chunk of its medium term production. It has already hedged 170,000 oz at an average of US$1240 per oz which is enough to draw down US$65m in loans. To get the full US$85m in loans it would need to hedge a total of 230,000 oz. Currently its hedge book is not too far underwater but it is a fairly substantial risk going forward imo. As far as unhedged debt free gold outfits go ALD is front and centre whilst PRU is even in the back row.
  6. ALD is a producer in PNG, currently at about 80k oz pa but soon to go up to 100k oz pa (and has plenty of oxide material to work through). When its Solomon Islands mine starts up, expected by March 2011, ALD hopes to be a 200k oz pa producer. PRU hopes for its operation in Ghana to pour first gold by September 2011 and wants to be a 200k oz pa producer by 2012. Assuming its dfs (due out soon) for its Ivory Coast operation is positive it hopes to have it up and producing by Q4 2012 so from then on PRU is hoping to double its production rates. ALD is way ahead in terms of positive cash flow, getting a head start by several years at least.
  7. ALD has 2.15m oz of reserves in PNG at 1.46g/t and 1.28m oz of reserves in Solomon Is at 1.71g/t for a total of 3.42m oz of reserves. PRU has 2.14m oz of reserves in Ghana at 1.29g/t and expects about 1m oz of reserves in Ivory Coast (I assume it will come out in the dfs (?). Both ALD and PRU have JORC'ed up about 8m oz of resources. I'd reckon they are about a tie on this test.
  8. From all the chatter there are a number of major gold companies sizing up PRU. It seems clear to me that Barrick had indicated to all its peers that it had first shot at Allied - Barrick and Allied had a jv to explore adjacent islands to where Allied's PNG base currently is - but in selling out to Allied has indicated that it thinks there is insufficient potential at this stage to warrant further interest. By way of background Allied's PNG island base is only 60 kms away from Lihir Island and its 40m oz gold resource: that is the type of figure that would interest a big operator like Barrick. But as I say it appears that Barrick's ardour for Allied has cooled considerably. So in terms of takeover premium I think Perseus has it in spades and Allied does not.
On balance, from what I can see anyway, if I add it all up, I think I can see why Allied's management are scratching their heads and pleading to the market: "what about us?".

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: scarr  

scarr
post Posted: Sep 10 2010, 03:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Sep 10 2010, 01:46 PM

yes go ALD

triage
post Posted: Sep 10 2010, 01:46 PM
  Quote Post

An impressive announcement out today: they've increased their reserves at their PNG mine by 155% to about 2.1m oz. Not all of it is oxide true but if Lihir / now Newcrest can make a go of mining refractory gold on the neighbouring island then this outfit should stand a chance of doing so too (?).

They have 8m oz in resources, are unhedged, and when the Solomon Islands mine comes back on stream in March next year they expect to be producing 200k oz per year all up. Their current market cap is about half a billion, they have about $85m in cash and appear not to be weighed down too heavily with debt (I could only find a $35m debt facility that will be accessed for the Solomon Islands mine).

More importantly, they are trading in London and Toronto as well as on the ASX. Their share price has not done much lately but if brit or north american investors want to get a taste of the exotica of gold and the south sea islands then maybe ALD shares will get taken along on the wave.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

triage
post Posted: Sep 3 2010, 01:45 PM
  Quote Post

ALD is another goldie to get a speeding ticket. They are up 13% today but are down over the last 3 months. They have given the ASX the Sargent Schultz (ie we know nuuthing) but Andean has shown how meaningless that assurance can be. Perhaps having their neighbour Lihir being taken out and now AND looking to be ready to go has caused speculators to look again at what Allied are doing in PNG and the Solomon Islands, or more probably how they have been relative underperformers of late.

There is an excellent report put out by ALD as an ASX announcement at the end of last month if you want to find out what they are up to these days.

--------------------

triage
post Posted: May 17 2010, 01:25 PM
  Quote Post

Just in case anyone has missed it, here is a link to an article in today's Oz newspaper about Allied's Solomon Island foray. Fairly puffy piece, very decent of the Australian to run such a promo for ALD and Mr Caruso. He and his snakeskin boots must be lining something else up, another capital raising or perhaps another acquistion. Either that or maybe he simply felt like having his ego stroked.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/v...x-1225867463097

--------------------

hungry
post Posted: May 13 2010, 11:14 AM
  Quote Post

Pushing ahead today on rising vol.

zog
post Posted: Jan 7 2010, 11:50 AM
  Quote Post

It would seem that the problems with ALD's cease work order are deeper over at Lihir with local "cultural" problems rearing their heads due to dumping of tailings. The problems are outlined in the following link.

Link to "cultural" problems @ Lihir

47 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING