Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

23 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

MRM, MERMAID MARINE AUSTRALIA LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 24 2019, 03:48 PM
  Quote Post

Battered MMA Offshore and Neptune Marine Services announce merger deal
Sean Smith
The West Australian
Wednesday, 24 July 2019 2:54PM
Struggling marine services companies MMA Offshore and Neptune Marine Services are combining in a cash and script deal aimed at capitalising on a recovery in the offshore and subsea engineering markets.

The tie-up is structured as an $18.5 million-plus buyout by MMA of Singapore-controlled Neptune’s key operating businesses.

Neptune would receive $5 million in cash and the balance in MMA shares which would be distributed to its shareholders “as soon as practicable”.

Depending on the value of the shares when the deal is finalised, the agreement could value Neptune at as high as $21.2 million.

Neptune posted a $3 million loss on revenue of $84.4 million in the year to March 31, while MMS finished $27.7 million in the red on revenue of $119.5 million.

Neptune said that though the outlook for its subsea markets had improved in the past 12 months, the company had experienced “significant challenges” in recent years.

The tie-up with MMS, it said, provided a means of unlocking the residual value in the group while enabling shareholders to maintain exposure to the marine market.

The deal is subject to the approval in October of Neptune shareholders, led by Singapore parent MTQ.

https://thewest.com.au/business/energy/batt...-ng-b881270038z
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jun 14 2018, 03:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 18 2017, 10:21 AM

Seems to be a bit of interest in this one - no news other than Tribeca increased their holding from 5% to 6% - up 9% @ 24c
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 18 2017, 10:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 12 2017, 06:59 PM

Billionaire investor Michael Kum mulls legal action against MMA Offshore directors
But the company launched a $100 million recapitalisation two weeks before the AGM, with funds marked to help the troubled offshore oil and gas fleet services company repay debts and reduce gearing, which was 111.4 per cent as at June 30.

Several well-known fund managers supported the equity raising, with Paradice Investment Management and Thorney Opportunities piling into the stock.

But dissident shareholder Halom did not take up its rights and has been diluted to just 7.86 per cent from 18.1 per cent.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/business/energy/oil/bil...m#ixzz51ZEb1fdH

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 12 2017, 06:59 PM
  Quote Post

Posted under 2018 Stock Picks thread

Apparently he likes/is particularly excited about ANG - Austin Engineering, (Thorney had helped fix their leadership and balance sheet). Others are Southern Cross Electrical Engineering - SXE - and MMA Offshore - MRM.

Alex Waislitz's next tip is to get into mining services stocks

Ann out today that AW's Thorney (TOP) has become a substantial holder in MRM with 5.45% - http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20171212/pdf/43q3kxkr8dkqg0.pdf
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

mercury
post Posted: Mar 30 2015, 09:30 AM
  Quote Post

who is dumping and why?

Is the oil service industry going along that badly?

Merc

arty
post Posted: Feb 6 2015, 04:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kennowaylass's post @ Feb 6 2015, 01:23 PM

If you haven't heard of the "4th attempt breakout". check this site: http://bartrade.biz/trades/hvn.htm
It is equally powerful in a downward direction, and I've applied it to MRM's 2014 chart (using sem-log scaling too_

Attached Image

In my experience, the drop will at least double the range from top to baseline (marked by 1...4)
The alert at the 200% line did fire, but MRM failed to follow through. Even at 323%, it failed to produce a HL-HH sequence.

The most recent Low, however, is now supported by a Bullish Divergence in the momentum (MACD) chart. I'm till waiting for the HL-HH sequence that would confirm a turn of trend' I will not be buying before I see that.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kennowaylass  

kennowaylass
post Posted: Feb 6 2015, 01:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kennowaylass's post @ Feb 4 2015, 02:49 PM

Directors bought in November at nearly double current prices. Just saying like..................................Any techi views???

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rick001  

kennowaylass
post Posted: Feb 4 2015, 02:49 PM
  Quote Post

Looking like time to load up more on MRM. Think it's been very oversold and taking a position today. Some green candles would be nice.

hungry
post Posted: Apr 5 2014, 09:40 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: razer's post @ Apr 5 2014, 08:00 AM

There's certainly some good vol down here at these lows for the last month while building a small base.

In my watchlist now for scalping trades. If it can break 2.40 resis it could go to the next lev at 2.60 quickly.

razer
post Posted: Apr 5 2014, 08:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 11 2014, 10:28 AM

Tony Howarth payed almost $400,000 for mostly REO [retail entitlement offer] and some DRP [divvy reinvest'] shares.

Now that is placing faith in Mermaid to produce IMO.

23 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING