Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

50 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NCM, NEWCREST MINING LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Mar 12 2019, 09:12 PM
  Quote Post

Newcrest Mining has pounced on one of the most exciting mineral discoveries in Australia in recent years, striking a deal that will see it pump $US65 million ($92m) into the Haveiron copper-gold project in Western Australia’s Paterson Range.

Newcrest announced the deal with the UK-listed owner of Haveiron, Greatland Gold, late on Tuesday.

Under the deal, Newcrest will spend an initial $US5m on exploration at Haveiron over the next 12 months and can earn a 70 per cent stake by spending $US65m over six years.

Haveiron sits just 45 kilometres from Newcrest’s big but ageing Telfer mine, and the high grade mineralisation identified at the project could make an idea source of feed for Telfer.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 22 2018, 09:47 PM
  Quote Post

Looks like a pretty nasty attack - not just one bite. Hope she's OK and doesn't lose her leg

Worker mauled by three dingoes at East Pilbara minesite
Gabrielle Knowles and Jordan CuttsThe West Australian
Sunday, 22 July 2018 8:13PM
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/worker-maule...e-ng-b88904104z

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

flower
post Posted: Oct 21 2014, 01:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: anka's post @ Oct 21 2014, 09:47 AM

You are wrong arty get your facts straight.

Hi anka---

NEM is a multi mine operation, and so far as we the punters are concerned what matters are the group's figures, not one portion of the whole.

"Group AISC for the Q was $A864"

"AISC at each operation was below the average realised gold price for the Q"

Stick with it mate--still don't like NCM as a gold play though.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

arty
post Posted: Oct 21 2014, 10:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: anka's post @ Oct 21 2014, 09:47 AM

from page 2:
Lihir, PNG

Lihir's September 2014 quarter production was 153,826 ounces of gold with an All-In Sustaining Cost of A$1,353 (US$1,253) per ounce. This compares with the June 2014 quarter performance of 174,601 ounces of gold with an All-In Sustaining Cost of A$1,313 (US$1,225) per ounce.

page 7:
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

anka
post Posted: Oct 21 2014, 09:47 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Oct 21 2014, 08:16 AM

You are wrong arty get your facts straight.

Newcrest Mining provided its September 2014 quarterly activities report, reporting that production for the quarter was 561,731oz of gold and 24,831t of copper with an All-In Sustaining Cost (AISC) of A$864 (US$801) per ounceThe AISC margin in the September 2014 quarter was A$529 (US$489) per ounce

arty
post Posted: Oct 21 2014, 08:16 AM
  Quote Post

Quarterlies out this morning: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01564245
First glance unveiled a few interesting facts:
Lihir's all-in sustaining costs are running at US$1253, well above spot
Hidden Valley is even worse
Telfer and Cadia save the bacon, bringing the group total into profit - thanks mainly to "byproduct credits", iaw: Copper
on page 7, the quarter is given as Sep 2013 - expect a correction

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mjwk  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

mcart117
post Posted: Jun 18 2014, 04:04 PM
  Quote Post

Newcrest Mining’s blatant flouting of the continuous disclosure laws is quite simply breathtaking.

The company’s senior management knew that their head of investor relations was briefing major investment banks that it would be forced to lower gold output for the year and anticipated $5.8 billion in write-downs a day before it was announced to the market.

The miner was even warned by the legal department at one of those analysts, Citibank, that it believed the company had breached the law, according to the agreement for Newcrest to pay $1.2 million in fines to the corporate regulator.

In other words, this was not a mistake, a misunderstanding or an employee off on their own folly.

This was a failure by Newcrest management, who were put on notice that the information they intended to share might fall foul of the law.

It also raises serious questions about the “independent report” prepared by Maurice Newman, now business adviser to the PM, who concluded that a sell-off in Newcrest shares was simply a “coincidence of timing”. His failure to uncover a “smoking gun” now looks farcical with all the evidence laid on the table.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets-liv...l#ixzz34y3Bzr4G

I can't remember the loss I made buying shares before that announcement, but thanks to selling the lot immediately afterwards, and buying cautiously much later, I have now traded most of it back. With hindsight, the Sharescene posts as it fell through $20 were spot on; but I was impatient for a piece of what I then thought was an iconic company! blush.gif

NPH
post Posted: May 2 2014, 01:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: NPH's post @ Apr 10 2014, 04:48 PM

Short from 10.82...if gold turns down from here NCM will drop like a stone

NPH
post Posted: Apr 10 2014, 04:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: NPH's post @ Mar 27 2014, 03:43 PM

Closed out today for nice quick 10+%. Think this little reaction in gold is on its last legs. Have a short order sitting at 11.25. If the rally is is a bit stronger than that i will look to double the short closer to 12.

I personally think that this gold rally is just a reaction and when the recent low is broken at 1280 we will be sub 1200 not long after. The question is how long will this little reaction last? I'm betting another few days tops.

batikit
post Posted: Apr 8 2014, 11:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: NPH's post @ Mar 27 2014, 03:43 PM

ncm is looking solid
macd crossover and rising away from 9.6 support lvl

50 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING