Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

50 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

LKO, LAKES OIL NL
flower
post Posted: Nov 24 2013, 07:37 PM
  Quote Post

LKO holders/potential holders may like to note, (don't yet know if this is pure coincidence) but LKO and SUR now have three things in common.

1. They are both involved in the extraction of gas/oil from tight structures--- LKO in Victoria, SUR in Texas.

2. They both have Hancock Prospecting as a major shareholder, in the case of LKO to the tune of nearly 19% and in the case of SUR over 50%.

3. Both LKO and SUR have Professor Ian Pilmer on their respective boards.

Anybody any idea if this is pure coincidence with Prof Pilmer merely watching out for Gina's financial involvement, or is there anything more to it?

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: discodunk  

fraz2
post Posted: Nov 7 2013, 10:39 PM
  Quote Post

well i took a punt and exited lkog at $34 willing to buy back later

--------------------
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

discodunk
post Posted: May 10 2013, 10:12 PM
  Quote Post

A letter from the LKO Chairman:

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01406981

Must have been a slow day at the office. Love this from the second-last paragraph:

"I urge you as a shareholder to contact me if you have any doubts of the safety of "tight gas" fraccing as distinct from coal-bed fraccing."

Uh.. If I had concerns I probably wouldn't be a shareholder...

And how about not using the word 'fraccing' at all. Clearly it's tainted. For crying out loud, engage a PR consultant to come up with a new name for extracting tight gas and concentrate on selling the benefits to those that matter, not those with a vested interest.

discodunk
post Posted: Apr 23 2013, 04:45 PM
  Quote Post

And another one...

http://www.theage.com.au/tv/current-affair...ff-2715153.html

This coincided with the SP dropping down to .005c, hmmmm...

discodunk
post Posted: Apr 6 2013, 09:37 PM
  Quote Post

A pretty negative coal seam story on Four Corners...

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/201.../01/3725150.htm

No mention of tight gas operations, so hopefully 'guilt by association' won't be to much of an issue from this story.

discodunk
post Posted: Apr 2 2013, 03:30 PM
  Quote Post

Hmmm...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-b...777/?cmpid=rss1

bermuda
post Posted: Feb 5 2013, 07:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: garryg's post @ Feb 4 2013, 07:25 PM

garryg,

I am loving it too. One of my 'mates' reckoned I had picked a dog. He asked me one day for a standout and I just said LKO. I think he bought in at 5 cents and it just spiralled downwards.

Every dog has it's day.

Don't hold. ( wish I did )

garryg
post Posted: Feb 4 2013, 07:25 PM
  Quote Post

Great to see the latest run for LKO.

It appears to me to be inspired by 4 main factors:

1. With NSW appearing to be becoming more open to fraccing, there is a hope that the Vic Liberals might ease their current ban and allow a 'case by case' review. This would potentially open the Wombat project up and increase the chances of a commercial project.
2. Gina has brought $$$$$ to the table, and is seen as a reputable large company.
3. Alex Downer provides lobbying access and power to the Liberals (hence the issue of fraccing)
4. With Gina, Armour and Beach all in the wings, suddenly LKO looks to have more clout than a typical penny-dreadful.

I am not in LKO. I'm sticking to my BESBS strategy as I don't know when Wombat will be given the 'ok' by the Vic government. That said, it is great to see many longer-term and medium holders getting some capital back/profits. It is also a great sign for the junior explorers in general...punters are now becoming more prepared to take a punt in this sector.

All the best to holders.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: veeone  

garryg
post Posted: Sep 1 2012, 09:07 PM
  Quote Post

I've been away for a few days due to a family bereavement hence my lack of comment here on LKO.
To a large extent, the writing was on the wall a few days before this recent Trading Halt and announcement (and possibly 3-4 weeks ago in hindsight).

I had an order in at .004c for nearly 4 weeks a while back thinking that LKO would spike on re-fracc confirmation with BPT but I pulled my order (August 10 on) and sold off most of what I had as the delay in environmental approval dragged on (and LKO didn't seem to be able/willing to shed any light on it). I stuck these funds into FAR and OXX (see other posts on those threads) as these BESBS plays seemed safer than LKO due to the 'no news'.

With a deadline to re-test Wombat of December, as I understood it, I'd been watching LKO for a spike (to signal upcoming re-fracc and possibly jumping back in to add to the few I had left) and suddenly noticed large sells going through at .004c in the couple of days before the trading halt. After visiting Hotcopper and reading some interesting interpretations that bulk selling meant 'good news, and action about to occur????', I sold off the last few that I had. Huge sales at .004c seem to scream that there was a problem as all the sales were going at .004c (ie. sellers wanting to get out). It certainly looks like some investors/holders/traders were 'in the know'. Nevertheless, I didn't expect this news but a delay from BPT and possible issues with the JV agreement.
Clearly word had leaked from somewhere that the ban was to be announced as the selling increased dramatically (as I said earlier) in the few days prior to the announcement. While I don't claim to understand charts etc, the sudden volumes at .004c was sending a 'red alert' warning. Unless one was watching this daily (and not just price but volume), there was no way to see this coming other than the delay in announcing the re-test by the JV partners.
In time to come, I wouldn't be surprised if this project is permitted to go ahead (maybe with a new JV partner linked to Holdgate drilling???) At least LKO do have other permits that might create interest in 2013 but this announcement is not good news for holders..

Said 'Thanks' for this post: santina  

santina
post Posted: Aug 26 2012, 08:40 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: santina's post @ Aug 26 2012, 08:39 AM

Sorry again....I mean Pete........having a bad day:)

50 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING