Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

227 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SBM, ST BARBARA LIMITED
bg99
post Posted: Oct 21 2019, 05:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Oct 18 2019, 09:46 AM

check out this article Mick, should be OK long term
https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2019/10/21/gwa...arbara-outlook/

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Oct 18 2019, 09:46 AM
  Quote Post

SBM puts out a lower guidance of output range, and a higher guidance for all in costs.
Share price crunched again.
Now well below last cap raising, hoping that more get out and it goes lower.
Still producing gold, still making a profit, on a forward PE under 9.
I will buy more , but hopefully at a lower price.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

PeterH
post Posted: May 31 2019, 11:35 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 31 2019, 10:28 AM

So did I Mull.
A classic case of the tiniest blip on the background of eternity presenting a buying opportunity.
And so pleasing to do it this way rather than take up the spp.

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 31 2019, 10:28 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 17 2019, 11:44 AM

SBM hit a 52 week low this morning.
The announcement that they failed to reach the 355,000 ounce level did not go down well.
Not looking good for the retail share offer.
My other gold stocks are up, so just seems related to the announcement.
So I bought more.
It still produces gold, and with AUD falling, and an expectation of higher gold prices, its still seems like good value.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 17 2019, 11:44 AM
  Quote Post

St Barbara crunched after announcing an institutional placement at 2.89.
Retail mums and dads get a chance to buy as well at the same price.
The market does not seem impressed with this dilution.
Opened below the placement price.
Bought more today at 2.825, a fair bit below the placement price.

Still bullish on gold., love these buying opportunities.

Mick

--------------------

PeterH
post Posted: Mar 28 2019, 03:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 26 2019, 04:15 PM

Yep Mullokintyre I admit I bought some myself after my last post when I saw more buyers coming into the market. It remains a quality asset with a long mine life by Oz standards.
And taking a wider view of the future it is worth noting that it has a larger holding in CYL than does Gina. FWIW I rate CYL as the most promising Oz goldy still at the prospecting stage.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Grebmoolb  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 26 2019, 04:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: PeterH's post @ Mar 23 2019, 10:38 AM

I bought in last Friday during the crash.
Didn't get the lowest price, but more than happy with the discount..
It produces gold, it ells gold, so its a goer as far as I am concerned.

Mick

--------------------

PeterH
post Posted: Mar 23 2019, 10:38 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 23 2019, 07:48 AM

Was this a buying opportunity was my first thought Nipper, on the grounds that against a longer term background this would turn out to be but a blip. After all, the outcome of the decisions announced were hardly company changing. So I studied the board and the course of sales and saw an incredible number of others who thought it was buying opportunity too but they had no meaningful effect on the share price. I came to the conclusion that the rebuild of confidence was going to be a long drawn out affair. No hurry here.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Mar 23 2019, 07:48 AM
  Quote Post

The brutal 30 per cent selldown that wiped more than $710 million off the value of gold miner St Barbara has put the broader Australian gold industry on ­notice amid growing concerns about valuations in the sector.

Shares in Melbourne-based St Barbara were hammered yesterday after the company wound back its extension plans and production forecasts for its Gwalia gold mine in Western Australia.

Gwalia, a century-old mine that runs to more than two kilometres beneath the Earth’s surface, has been a cash cow for St Barbara in recent years and drove the stock’s resurrection from 7c a share to more than $5 at its peak.

St Barbara had been studying plans to increase its production and longevity and reduce its costs through alternative haulage techniques that would lessen its reliance on trucks, including a novel system based on pumping a liquid slurry to the surface, but announced yesterday it had been unable to make the alternatives stack up.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/m...cf505a430e17ef4

... good ol' Gwalia, the gift that keeps giving (grief)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 25 2018, 02:44 PM
  Quote Post

ASX:SBM broke a big longterm channel base today, meaning, the upline (as subjective as they are) was broken calling a trigger to sell the technical signal
but this is also on divergent indicia, we may need another session or two to see if the divergence is false positive

fib retracements sit at 1.250 thru 1.230 as levels for 38.2 of the whole 3 year uptrend and as a symmetry to the last major retracementand if gold is making a significant low with silver now despite the obvious surrounding negativity this maybe all there isto the current pullback on a quarterly basis
again, this needs a few sessions to see bids and how well the auction holds up
worth the time to observe

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

227 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING