Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1613 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 > »    

Reply to this topic

Index Trading, xjo, dow, dax, ftse
gollygosh
post Posted: Feb 21 2013, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 21 2013, 09:16 AM

Here is hoping that it was just a computer glitch and not some form of distribution like 2007 . Although I note in 07 they turned spi off to distribute stock but it backfired when the locals dumped stock .
Of course the above scenario is just a rumour and the bankers and insto's who bought and sold a largish parcel would never confess to the real story .

gg

early birds
post Posted: Feb 21 2013, 09:24 AM
  Quote Post

bought some BHP at open since i've only got 1/4 of rio left, too much cash and missed run of BHP.
i like the results! and out look for their products!!

stuned to see CBA in the green, they will pay less divy than last year for the final divy and it is half year away, and fundies still pilled up in it!! thumbdown.gif

arty
post Posted: Feb 21 2013, 09:16 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gollygosh's post @ Feb 21 2013, 09:11 AM

Thanks gg,
... and I was just about to send my data provider an abusive email.
You saved me some embarrassment. blush.gif

PS: They're back on track now (10:20 AEDT)

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

gollygosh
post Posted: Feb 21 2013, 09:11 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gollygosh's post @ Feb 20 2013, 08:54 AM

Nice day for the asx to not update indices , dam twits . Only the insto's can do these calcs when the asx is kaput .grrrrrrrr

gg

wolverine
post Posted: Feb 20 2013, 07:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Feb 20 2013, 03:12 PM

Well said wren. I have so little time for a number of name brand ex-CEO's who have shown ineptitude with a high price tag.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

lgrif
post Posted: Feb 20 2013, 05:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Feb 20 2013, 02:29 PM

G'day EB. ~Nov & dec 2012, heaps of advisors were chanting "buy the 4 banks & buy Telstra", so one up for them.
re Bank rip-off's , their mantra is - we need strong banks, not Euro type failures; so, if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Wren, good point re non-offshore operating banks outperforming others, & if NAB succeeds in off-loading UK operations,I expect it's sp will spike.

Featured Stock Stories

wren
post Posted: Feb 20 2013, 03:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Feb 20 2013, 02:29 PM

You are not wrong eb.
Recently,The Future Fund was banging on about its great 12 monthly performance--9 or 10% from memory.David Murray (who proves once and forever that anyone can run a Bank in Australia) and his team of 76 (not a typo) advisors flogged off almost all of their enormous holding of TLS at about .$2.75,thereby missing out on one of greatest large cap.rallies for years.
Also of interest is the Banks who do nothing (CBA,WBC) outperform those that had a go outside OZ. There is a lesson there somewhere!

early birds
post Posted: Feb 20 2013, 02:29 PM
  Quote Post

i said many times when big4 trading at basement price not long ago that GFC killed competition for our banking sector.
but for CBA traded at PE 15.5 and yield at 6% or less atm, where is 15 times earning come from for this year?
yeah, they lifted divy by 20% for intrim, but they gonna cut final divy for next. so what's good about CBA for remind of ths year.
i'm short and try to stay on the short if they don't force me out{ rally big time from current level}
sad.gif
just so sad for our super, these fundies are bunch of morons who sit on the sideline when banks trade really low with higher yielding
and chase it right now for fear of missing out and loss their jobs. so sad our hard earned money is in those F%&& wits hands!
soon the market correcting and they will hold on the bag with our money! thumbdown.gif

farmer fred
post Posted: Feb 20 2013, 01:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Feb 20 2013, 10:59 AM

I've often thought that having four of the top five companies on the ASX being banks is not a healthy state of affairs for our economy.

Maybe thats why we have overpriced houses, resulting in overpriced wages in comparison to the rest of the world and an uncompetitive economy apart from our resources.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wren  

bochman
post Posted: Feb 20 2013, 12:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 20 2013, 11:11 AM

good luck in that.
Unlike resources companies, where they cannot just charge higher price to offset the tax.
Banks, ha, will simply not reduce rates and increase other charges to offset it.
competition? what competition?

1613 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING