Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

APN, APN NEWS & MEDIA LIMITED
hungry
post Posted: Apr 3 2009, 09:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Apr 3 2009, 09:26 PM

Arty
Goes to show not to pay too much attention to stupid bearish stories like the one I posted below just a few days ago lmaosmiley.gif
haha

arty
post Posted: Apr 3 2009, 09:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Mar 31 2009, 12:22 PM

Thanks, hungry, for mentioning APN in the SEK thread.
It did come up on my scans in mid-March; but the main signal appeared on the evening of the long candle, which, I've learned, will usually get a retrace to form a higher Low. Had today's candle been green and closed rather than opened at $1.30 or so, it would have given me an entry signal.
Volume is definitely "there"; as is momentum. A positive move on Monday, and she's in the bag.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

hungry
post Posted: Mar 31 2009, 12:22 PM
  Quote Post

Doesn't bode well for any media stocks except maybe SEK.
Cheers

http://www.aireview.com.au:80/index.php?ac...69&setSub=1

theking
post Posted: Mar 5 2009, 05:01 PM
  Quote Post

WELL can you believe this ORG has gone sub $1.00 "o what a feeling", its been a long time to get a bargain and it must be
as the Best paper in NEW ZEALAND along with other things including radio but all print companies have been exploited
to the hilt so nothing new its just a shock when it really PAPENS.. king.gif

theking
post Posted: Nov 27 2006, 08:58 AM
  Quote Post

LAST Saturday the NZ HEARALD paper put out the biggest edition of a paper seen in years would make the SMH shudder.. king.gif

jaolsa
post Posted: Nov 27 2006, 08:48 AM
  Quote Post

Tony O'Reilly's Independent News and Media is looking for a new partner after failing to reach agreement with US private equity firm, Providence, for a $3.8 billion buy-out of APN News and Media.

Independent already has a 41 per cent stake in APN which owns newspapers and radio stations across Australia and New Zealand.

A formal offer was expected to be put in front of APN's directors this week.

But Independent and Providence couldn't agree on a price.

Independent reportedly wants to put together another consortium in the next few months.

theking
post Posted: Oct 26 2006, 11:24 AM
  Quote Post

WELL bugger up 9.47% just on a paper story where there is smoke there is FIRE should jump QUICKER.. king.gif

theking
post Posted: Oct 23 2006, 04:51 PM
  Quote Post

THIS company going GANG BUSTERS and NO one notes it does live in NEW ZEALAND a great place to retire and make money more LATTER.. king.gif

influxweb
post Posted: Aug 24 2004, 01:12 PM
  Quote Post

APN keeps powering ahead. Technically things continue to look great, and the fundementals speak for them selves.

Does anyone have any comments or interest in this stock?

Regards
Andrew
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

influxweb
post Posted: Aug 24 2004, 01:11 PM
  Quote Post

Release on the 17/8/2004

MARKET ANNOUNCEMENT

APN Profit Before Tax up 36% to a record $A94.5 million

SYDNEY, August 17, 2004 – APN News & Media Limited [ASX,NZX:APN] today announced a record Profit Before Tax before Non Recurring Items (NRI) of $A94.5 million for the 6 months ended June 30 2004, up 36% on the prior year.

On the same basis, Net Profit After Tax was up 34% to $A57.9 million, on an increase in Group Revenue of 10% to $A599.2 million, and an increase in EBIT by 20% to $A125.5 million. Earnings per share were 12.2 cents, an increase of 25%. After NRIs, NPAT was up 25% to a reported result of $A56 million.

The Directors have declared a 23% increase in interim dividend to 8 cents per share. APN Chief Executive Brendan Hopkins said: “This is a high quality result that is the outcome of a number of outstanding operational achievements in all five Divisions. Stripping out the effect of currency, the Group produced a 12% increase in revenue, a 22% increase in EBIT, a 39% increase in Profit Before Tax and a 37% increase in Net Profit before Non-Recurring Items.

“Key to the result was the improved margins in our Newspaper and Radio Divisions, which together account for 90% of APN’s profit. By focusing on maximising the cut-through of revenue through to EBIT, we have been able to produce strong growth in operating profits.

“Our Newspaper and Radio Divisions have produced very good gains in advertising yields without sacrificing volumes, which provides a strong base from which to continue growing our businesses. The Outdoor Division is making good progress in its restructure and is on track for the predicted improvement in performance in 2005.

The Commercial Print Division has, as forecasted, delivered a solid turnaround result, increasing EBIT by 50% and securing a number of new third party contracts. “Overall, we believe this is an excellent result with good growth in revenue producing above market expectation numbers.

The second half has started strongly and gives us confidence that our high quality businesses in high growth markets are well positioned for continued above average growth.”

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING