Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3 4 5 6   

Reply to this topic

PME, PRO MEDICUS LIMITED
mme
post Posted: Feb 21 2005, 11:18 AM
  Quote Post

Interesting article in the lattest Shares Mag. about this one. Nice upbeat half yearly just come out on the ASX announcements. Holding as of this morning. biggrin.gif Seek pro advice before buying or selling.

ty.webb
post Posted: Dec 1 2004, 08:40 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: anu on Wednesday 01/12/04 12:59pm

Would like to buy in but not sure how high it can go.

That's always a problem when a stock bolts like this one has.

What's the answer?

If you don't buy it right now, and it continues to bolt, all you have paid is the opportunity cost - you haven't lost any actual money.

However, if the price retraces significantly from here, you have to prepare yourself for the inevitable question - "is it all over, or is this a fresh opportunity?".

This type of question is best considered and resolved in advance - at least in my experience.

anu
post Posted: Dec 1 2004, 12:59 PM
  Quote Post

Would like to buy in but not sure how high it can go.

ty.webb
post Posted: Nov 29 2004, 09:12 AM
  Quote Post

This company can best be described as a blue-chip small-cap, but it doesn't seem to have many admirers amongst the SS community.

It's got me beat.

Is it the lack of liquidity?

Or do people like more of a challenge? (like who wants to be associated with a stock that is so obviously going to go up?)

ty.webb
post Posted: Oct 19 2004, 12:04 PM
  Quote Post

PME has just become a "growth" stock - i.e the type of stock is assigned an above-average P/E ratio in expectation of strong earnings growth into the "visible" future.

Growth stocks are not entirely rare - but I think it is rare to find one that launches into a growth phase from the following type of base:

no debt
strong existing cash flow
significant cash balance
fully-expensed R&D
fully-franked dividend
tightly-held register

The only negative I can see in the stock is a lack of liquidity - but I guess that doesn't really matter that much if you adopt a buy-and-hold approach.

ty.webb
post Posted: Oct 18 2004, 10:33 AM
  Quote Post

I just bought a swag of PME this morning - see latest company announcement, which is a beauty.

Featured Stock Stories

ADMIN1
post Posted: Feb 3 2004, 09:35 AM
  Quote Post

created for DRUGGIST

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3 4 5 6

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING