Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AUN, AUSTAR UNITED COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
arty
post Posted: Apr 10 2012, 09:49 AM
  Quote Post

ACCC has finally approved the takeover.
Did the Market expect anything different? Or will the reaction be ho-hum, business as usual?

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Nov 29 2011, 11:16 AM
  Quote Post

This morning's gap-down looked suspiciously like a stop raid; caught my attention in time to catch some at the 61.8% Trinity level.
All going well, the 161.8% target seems to tie in with the mooted t/over bid.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

hungry
post Posted: Sep 16 2010, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

TA wise, it's ready to bounce imo.
Nice vol yest after the .84 support bounce.

arty
post Posted: Aug 18 2010, 08:08 PM
  Quote Post

The weekly chart isn't quite conclusive yet, could be a struggle to get back up to $1.10+

Attached Image

The Daily, however, looks as if some accumulation was going on and 98c could easily mark the breakpoint towards $1.

Attached Image

not on yet; heads-up for watchlist only.

--------------------

hungry
post Posted: Mar 18 2010, 11:37 AM
  Quote Post

Looks like the 1.04 low target won't be reached.
The change of mood in the telco sector has reversed.
There was a slight bullish divergence at the 3/3 low before the change of direction.
AUN broke it's downtrend resis line yest on rising vol over the prev few days. Most of the vol today can be attributed to index expiry, I suppose, but it's looking good for a rebound further up imo.
Lot's of other stocks with the same pattern today in diff sectors which bodes well for the bulls.

hungry
post Posted: Feb 1 2010, 02:39 PM
  Quote Post

Broken the neckline of the head & shoulder patt.
Doesn't look like a false break. Target of 1.04

hungry
post Posted: Sep 21 2009, 04:05 PM
  Quote Post

Hi V1
There is talk of a Foxtel merger atm also.
Cheers

veeone
post Posted: Sep 21 2009, 02:16 PM
  Quote Post

Pay TV, which has a long history in the US and Europe, had been considered somewhat recession proof. However, in Australia the industry is still in its infancy after only coming to life in the mid-1990s. Given this was after the last recession the recession proof theory had never been tested in Australia. Now it has.
Foxtel reported record subscribers, revenue and profits for the year to June, with EBITDA up 16% to $406 million.
EBITDA at Austar rose 13% to $115 million in the half year to June 2009.
Whilst the spotlight has been on Foxtel, Austar should be on investors’ radars as a well managed company with an equally strong market position.

The company

Established in 1995, Austar United Communications Limited’s (ASX:AUN) television business is the company's core operation. Since its establishment, the television subscriber base has grown to over 729,000 (at June 30, 2009), which makes Austar far and away the largest subscription television operator in regional and rural Australia. Austar provides subscription television services in a service area of approximately 2.4 million homes, which is one-third of Australia's total homes.
Austar’s digital television service includes over 120 premier channels, a near video-on-demand service and increased levels of interactivity, such as Box Office, Sports Active and Sky News Active. In February 2008, Austar launched MyStar, its personal digital recorder. With live pause, live rewind and recording functionality for two programs while reviewing a third, MyStar also provides viewers with the opportunity to record entire series as they're aired, at the touch of a button.
Austar also has a 50% stake in XYZ networks (a 50/50 joint venture with FOXTEL). XYZ is the exclusive owner and/or distributor of 11 key programming channels.
Quite in depth look so the Rest of this is at
http://www.thebull.com.au/articles_detail.php?id=6123
Conclusion
Austar is a well-managed company with a strong market position. It is of a defensive nature as witnessed by recent results. There is potential for corporate activity building and we believe there would be a number of interested buyers. Valuations do not appear stretched at current prices and we see good value at $1.15 or below.

hungry
post Posted: Apr 16 2009, 10:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Ooops's post @ Apr 16 2009, 10:23 PM

Looks like you are right Ooops
First trade went ok, lost on the second. It's still an ok stock to intraday scalp because of the large atr's in both directions.
Cheers

Ooops
post Posted: Apr 16 2009, 10:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Ooops's post @ Apr 16 2009, 10:23 PM

I think we will see cancellations regardless of their advertising.

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING