Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

65 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

THE T.A. WAY, Technical Analysis discussion
arty
post Posted: Dec 19 2014, 11:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mrbear's post @ Dec 19 2014, 10:42 AM

Confucius say:
He who can, does.
He who can't, lectures.
He who is too stupid to do either, judges.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mrbear
post Posted: Dec 19 2014, 10:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: harryhelo1's post @ Dec 19 2014, 06:34 AM

Hi harry,you answered your question in the first sentence,cheers mrbear

harryhelo1
post Posted: Dec 19 2014, 06:34 AM
  Quote Post

Hi

Just curious as I always am at what cons are out there...(training people in the markets is often more lucrative than trading and much easier....)

anyone had anything to do with this mob???

http://www.newscienceofforextrading.com/ltd2.php

as always sounds to good to be true to me...

cheers

Harry

wren
post Posted: Sep 22 2014, 12:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 22 2014, 12:00 PM

Bob Prechter has form….very poor form.
Actually, Prechter has been making predictions for many years through his investment newsletter, Elliott Wave Financial Forecast. Newsletter tracker Mark Hulbert has been documenting Prechter’s investment trading predictions and picks since 1985 so he now has a nearly 25 year long track record which can tell us whether you should trade on his predictions or not.

Here’s how Prechter’s trading advice has done from 1/1/85 through 5/31/09 versus the broad U.S. stock market average (Wilshire 5000 index) according to Hulbert’s analysis:

Annualized Return:

Wilshire 5000 Index + 9.7 per cent

Prechter’s Trading Advice -15.4 per cent

Total Return:

Wilshire 5000 Index + 857.1 per cent

Prechter’s Trading Advice – 98.3 per cent

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Sep 22 2014, 12:00 PM
  Quote Post

a 'concerned colleague' sent P1 of Elliott Wave Theorist for the end of last week

Daily closing Dow Projection was achieved. As of Friday, they are short all three indicies. There is a possibility the Dow can hold its highs through Monday 22 Sept.

Be that as it may, next week the US averages should see their biggest declines ever.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Snowpony
post Posted: Aug 16 2014, 04:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Aug 16 2014, 02:24 PM

From the same author on Aug 7
http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/don...807-101fa2.html

Despite Benjamin Graham dismissing trading as “fallacious as it is popular” on page two no less of The Intelligent Investor, the investment bible, it is the traders who are much better at this process than the investors, and any of you ''set and forget'' investors that ever find themselves asking “What do I do now” would be well advised to adopt some of their disciplines.
Traders may sound like nerds that sit up all night in front a computer screen with sunken eyes and McDonald’s mayonnaise dripping down their T-shirts while they trade anything from Domino’s Pizza to the Deutschmark on one-second charts but the truth is that they are the better investors because they understand that success is back-end loaded not front-end loaded - it is in the selling not the buying.
In plain language, they have a strategy for every holding laid out before they buy it and it can be very long-term or short-term. They know what they are going to do in any event and because of that they sleep at night and enjoy the market because they have certainty not doubt.
In more complex language, they know about position sizing, money management, stop losses and they have no pride or prejudice, just an understanding that whatever happens they know what they’re going to do. You can do the same. It’s easy not hard. Do it and the words “What do I do?” will never pop into your head or out of your mouth again. And if they do, you’ll know you’ve failed.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  mpl  

mistagear
post Posted: Aug 16 2014, 03:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Aug 16 2014, 02:24 PM

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definiti...sh/shit-stirrer

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  arty  

flower
post Posted: Aug 16 2014, 02:24 PM
  Quote Post

Marcus Padley in his weekly syndicated column, Subject Heading:

"Charting dangerous path to success"

Worth a read---- 1 paragraph:

"You can do what you want but for a long only investor/trader my process involves fundamentals first, charts second, not charts only. Skip the fundamental step and you'll end up trading any and everything on any timescale when you could just be trading and investing in good stocks with a higher probability of going up. Fundamentals narrow the odds of success and listening to charts narrows the odds of failure so to use one and not the other is to ignore half of the equation, they are both an essential and very available part of the calculation"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/lea...l#ixzz3AWgKA12C

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

arty
post Posted: Oct 4 2013, 01:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Sep 16 2013, 03:11 PM

I've run the scan that gave me the first list again, this time over the current week.
It returned two results:

MAD FUN

biggrin.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wren  billy12  

crashtstdumy
post Posted: Sep 23 2013, 08:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Sep 23 2013, 06:49 PM

Thanks Flower I'm using a Galaxy S2 so I'll check it out.

65 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING