Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

72 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

PCL, PANCONTINENTAL OIL & GAS NL
wasabibarako
post Posted: Mar 5 2015, 12:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Dknow's post @ Mar 4 2015, 08:12 PM

Dknow: Many THANKS indeed! It is a POSITIVE for PCL (in my view) that finally another drill off-shore KENYA will take place. All the best to all PCL holders.
wasa

Dknow
post Posted: Mar 4 2015, 08:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wasabibarako's post @ Mar 4 2015, 06:39 PM

Hi wasa.

Anadarko (operator) = 45%
Total (French oil major) = 40%
PTTEP (Subsidiary of the Petroleum Authority of Thailand) = 10%

Not sure what happened to the other 5% (I had seen older info saying Anadarko had 50%), but anyway that's the approximate partnership allocation.

wasabibarako
post Posted: Mar 4 2015, 06:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Dknow's post @ Mar 4 2015, 10:09 AM

Dknow: Thanks for this information! Incidentally: Who are the partners of Anadarko in this forthcoming drill in off-shore Kenya??
wasa

Dknow
post Posted: Mar 4 2015, 10:09 AM
  Quote Post

Anadarko had a conference call webcast last night, 3 March 2015.

In the presentation, listed under 2015 International Deepwater Exploration Activity they've listed Kenya: Mlima: Large 4-way.

The transcript of the comments during the presentation:
" We're also going to be drilling in Kenya at Mlima. We have a large four-way structure that is pursuing known reservoirs, up dip, in a proven petroleum system."

It's good to see the Mlima drill is back on the agenda, as they had initially aimed for 2014, if we refer back to their guidance webcast from 1 year ago.........
"Kenya, we drilled 2 wells last year, great example of learning and applying those learnings. What did we learn from the 2 wells? Our depositional model was validated. We found very, very good reservoirs... very well developed reservoirs. We have evidence of a working petroleum system from those 2 wells, excellent seal capacity in the 2.

So in 2014 we are planning to drill an exploratory well based on that in an area that we think has the best potential of having good reservoir in the right place to trap hydrocarbons and get the right charge into it. That will be our Mlima well."

Duster
post Posted: Oct 7 2014, 07:50 AM
  Quote Post

Been riding PCL but out now. Massive turnover recently and could easily go higher from here but I'll wait for a pull-back. Good luck guys, its been a long time coming.

--------------------
Patience is the key to success.

Dknow
post Posted: Aug 29 2014, 10:23 AM
  Quote Post

Tullow has discovered more oil onshore Kenya.......

Tullow success will buoy sentiment towards Kenya explorers

By Ian Lyall

August 28 2014, 9:02am

Tullow Oil (LON:TLW) appears to be enjoying a decent success rate with the drill-bit in Kenya, which is fast shaping up to be one of the world most exciting new oil territories.

Its Etom-1 well on Block 13T encountered 10 metres of net pay oil, extending the proven basin "significantly northwards".

The discovery is the most northerly to date in the South Lokichar basin.

Tullow also revealed the Amosing-2 appraisal well on Block 10BB encountered up to 30 metres of net oil pay.

Drilled from the site of the first well on the block it was deviated 1,350 metres towards the northeast and down-dip from the discovery well to calibrate the oil-water contacts of the several oil pools identified in Amosing-1.

Ngamia-3, also on Block 10BB, continued the appraisal of the Ngamia field, the company said.

It also encountered 150 metres of net oil pay in the Auwerwer and Lokone reservoirs.

Exploration director Angus McCoss said: "Etom-1 has successfully extended the South Lokichar rift bounding fault play northwards and we look forward to testing the southern area of the basin with Ekosowan-1.

"Continued success in appraisal of the Ngamia and Amosing fields reinforces our belief that the South Lokichar basin holds very considerable potential which we hope to replicate in additional basins.

"The next basin-opening test will be in the neighbouring Kerio Basin, with the Kodos-1 well expected to spud in early September."

The Tullow update will no doubt buoy sentiment towards juniors in Kenya such as Tower Resources (LON:TRP), Simba Energy (CVE:SMB), Premier Oil (LON: PMO) and Taipan Resources (CVE:TPN).

http://alturl.com/pvixm

Dknow
post Posted: Aug 27 2014, 10:01 AM
  Quote Post

Kenyan Senators in Perth to gain insights into dealing with resource riches

August 26, 2014

A large delegation of senior Kenyan officials has flown to Perth this week to gain invaluable knowledge from their Western Australian counterparts on how to deal with resource riches created by their rating as one of world’s most exciting new oil and gas destinations.

Kenya is right at the forefront of the dramatic growth in international interest in East Africa’s oil and gas potential, following a string of onshore and offshore oil and gas discoveries.

While the East African nation and its neighbours are welcoming the tremendous opportunity that oil and gas drilling success has brought to their countries, a number of major issues have arisen, including an urgent requirement to upgrade their legislation covering the resources sector, along with their taxation laws.

In Perth to participate in the inaugural East Africa Oil & Gas Australia (EAOGA) Conference being staged at the Hyatt Regency on Thursday and Friday August 28 and 29, the Kenyan delegation of Senators and advisors are also holding meetings with a number of leading experts in resources law and community expectations while in Western Australia.

According to Stephen Kuria, an organiser of EAOGA 2014 Conference and Chairman of the Kenya-Australian Chamber of Commerce, the Kenyan delegation views its visit to Western Australia as a vital step in the process of updating its oil and gas and mining laws.

“Western Australia has a tremendous amount of experience in oil and gas and mining and is well recognised around the world as a leading producer of LNG, along with gold and iron ore,” Mr Kuria said.

“With East Africa now considered as the newest significant region in the LNG race and Kenya’s oil and gas sector opening up at an incredible rate because of recent oil and gas discoveries, the Nation is keen to ensure that it is prepared for the many changes, economic and culturally, that being an oil and gas ‘hot spot’ brings with it,” he said.

While in Perth the Kenyan delegation, which includes Senators Paul Wamatangi, Catherine Mukitte, and Dr Wilfred Machage, is meeting with Western Australian Government representatives from the Department of State Development, Department of Resources and Industry Development, and the Department of Mines and Petroleum, while they will also receive a special presentation on mining education and environmental and social issues at the Bentley Campus of Curtin University.

The Kenyan visitors will also attend a special dinner hosted by the Kenyan High Commissioner, HE Isaiya Kabira, which will also be attended by WA Minister for Mines and Petroleum, Bill Marmion and WA Minister for Commerce, Michael Mischin. They will also be flying to Kalgoorlie for a tour of the “Super Pit”.

The dramatic effect of the forecast oil and gas riches on Kenya will also be a major topic for discussion at EAOGA 2014.

Dr Machage, will provide a presentation on “Lapset, Transport and Infrastructure in East Africa” on the morning of the second day, while later in the day, Mwendia Nyaga, Chief Executive Oil & Energy Services and former MD of Kenya National Oil, will discuss “The East African status of the upstream oil and gas industry”, and Isaiya Kabira, the High Commissioner of Kenya in Australia, will present on “Government Policies, Regulation and Bidding Rounds –Kenya”.

“Kenya has a very close relationship with Australia and many Australian resource companies have been long time explorers there, and have been successful in making some important discoveries.

“So we are really pleased with the strong support we have received for EAOGA 2014 from both the Kenyan, Western Australian and Australian governments,” Mr Kuria said.

http://www.resourceinvestor.com/2014/08/26...a?t=commodities

cooderman
post Posted: Aug 19 2014, 01:26 PM
  Quote Post

looks like it could take off from here.....shame I sold out last week
made a couple of bad calls lately

Attached Image

Dknow
post Posted: Aug 15 2014, 09:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Dknow's post @ Aug 14 2014, 07:53 PM

Update: I've managed to find a transcript of the telephone conference call which fills in the gaps of what I had missed. Sounds like they will be doing the 3D seismic in L9 on-trend with Sunbird "as quickly as we can".

Here is the transcript:

Question: Stuart Amor - RFC Ambrian - Analyst :
I have a quick question about Kenya. I'm wondering if you could explain what you learnt, or not learnt, from BG's recent wells, Sunbird, to the south of your license, and Anadarko's Kiboko well, which, I guess, was in deeper water.

Answer: Nick Cooper - Ophir Energy plc - CEO
Sunbird is the most useful of the two for us. It's a well which, I think it's fair to say, is still enigmatic. You can read it either way. We've seen significant encouragement in that we will be acquiring a 3D data set on trend with that in the western extent of the Block L9, doing that as quickly as we can.

Once we've completed that -- the 3D is overprinting a 3D grid, which has got some interesting carbonate reef features on it, which would look to be analogous to Sunbird. Once we've completed that 3D we'll decide what to do next.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wasabibarako  

Dknow
post Posted: Aug 14 2014, 07:53 PM
  Quote Post

Ophir Energy, partner of FAR, and operator of block L9 offshore Kenya, have released interim results for the six months ended 30 June 2014.

I was hoping they would webcast (which would have made it easy for me to transcribe comments), but instead they did a telephone conference call.

The phone line I had was not clear and I couldn't hear some parts.

A question was asked along the lines of what they can learn from the Sunbird drill and Anadarko's past drills.

The first part of the response I missed, but what I did hear was that there was enough significant encouragement for Ophir to do 3D seismic in L9 "on-trend" with Sunbird.

Here is the printed section of the accompanying release, regarding Kenya.

Note that though they still say "90% operated interest", FAR will have 30% interest when the agreement & deeds of assignment are completed..

Ophir Energy

London, 14 August 2014

KENYA

Block L9 (90% operated interest)

Block L9 contains two principal plays: an outboard Cretaceous gas play on-trend with the Mbawa gas discovery drilled by Apache in 2012 and an inboard Miocene build-up play which has the potential to be prospective for liquids. This latter play was tested to the south by the Sunbird-1 well drilled by BG Group on Block L10A in the first half of the year. The well encountered porous carbonate reservoirs and a mixture of gas and liquids, and it has derisked certain play elements which may have an impact on the inboard potential of L9.

A 3D seismic survey is being considered over the inboard Miocene build-up trend before Ophir commits to drilling a well which is now likely in 2015.

Assessment of the 3D survey on Block L15 was completed during the first half of the year and Ophir relinquished its interest given limited prospectivity.

72 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING