Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

31 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CEY, CENTENNIAL COAL COMPANY LIMITED
pacestick
post Posted: Jul 5 2010, 07:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Carsha's post @ Jul 5 2010, 12:03 PM

Huge problem for the NSW government this one the contracts on the col generation are due to start running out this year where will NSW get its coal from then

Carsha
post Posted: Jul 5 2010, 12:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ Jul 5 2010, 09:30 AM

So 6.20 a share take over offer.
Share price 5.86 give or take a few cents.
34c all but guaranteed profit for taking the risk of holding till the offer is unconditional.
Has to beat bank interest for 3 months?

CS

blueice
post Posted: Jul 5 2010, 09:30 AM
  Quote Post

BIG news just out for holders.................PITY I SOLD OUT....................... devilsmiley.gif

Centennial Announces Recommended 100% Takeover
Offer From Banpu at A$6.20 Cash per Share

pacestick
post Posted: Jun 19 2010, 12:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ May 6 2010, 10:04 AM

After months of algorithmic trading Banpu of Thailand has increased its holding in CEY to 19.89%. What is interesting is that in response to australian newspaper speculation that Banpu now has no imediate plans to purchase more shares in the company Banpu has asked CEY to issue a copy of a letter from Banpu stating that that Banpu has not released any statements to that effect and the aforesaid reports should not be relied on. The letter in PDF form is on comsec sorry i could not down load it. It seems that they couldnt care less about the supertax

Said 'Thanks' for this post: N.M.Mer.  

blueice
post Posted: May 6 2010, 10:04 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ May 6 2010, 10:02 AM

Announcement just out...........

Market Release
Centennial notes the special crossings totalling 39.48 million Centennial
shares this morning at $5.00/share, representing 10.0% of Centennial
shares outstanding. Centennial is not aware of the identity of the buyer or
buyers of the stock.
For further information please contact:
Tony Macko
General Manager: Corporate Affairs

blueice
post Posted: May 6 2010, 10:02 AM
  Quote Post

Check out CEY - is that a 22% rise I see?????????????????????

blueice
post Posted: Sep 10 2009, 11:05 AM
  Quote Post

CEY is strong today - does any one know if CEY is in need for capital raising?????????????

blueice
post Posted: Sep 4 2009, 08:45 AM
  Quote Post

I wonder which miners they have in sight????????????

<h2 class="cN-headingPage prepend-5 span-11 last">India seeks more coal</h2>
September 4, 2009 INDIA'S largest coal miner says it has received a stronger than expected response from Australian thermal coal producers as it seeks to invest about $1.5 billion in overseas mines.

Government-controlled Coal India is seeking strategic partnerships with miners in Australia, Indonesia, South Africa and the US as it looks to overcome a fuel shortage in India.

Coal India chairman Partha Bhattacharya and India's Minister of State for Coal Sriprakash Jaiswal this week visited open-cut mining operations in the Hunter Valley and an underground mine in Queensland.

''We have a lot of money, and we need to see that that money gets invested in physical assets with the country running short of energy,'' Mr Bhattacharya said.

http://business.theage.com.au/business/ind...90903-fa0h.html

pacestick
post Posted: Sep 4 2009, 12:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ Sep 3 2009, 12:00 PM

I dont know I brought in after exiting felix at the end of July at a price not much different from the current offer. i sold felix because i had reached my target profit I bought cey because of the contracts in power generation in case their is a decline in world wide demand. There are now signs of that decline but cey is getting hammered as well. It may be that the takeover mob who seemed toa rrive just after me have given up waiting and moved on they are an impatient lot

blueice
post Posted: Sep 3 2009, 12:00 PM
  Quote Post

Is some one jumping ship here any one know???? It is going down compared to other coalers???????????
Any ideas why it is being smashed????????? Don't be shy to answer, ok??????????

31 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING