Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

32 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

MUSIC- What are we listening to?
early birds
post Posted: Apr 10 2020, 07:59 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kijpcUv-b8M

"get me out of prison cell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 2 2020, 09:48 AM
  Quote Post

Watching the NSW Police Commissar announcing that the strict regs on social distancing brought to mind the floowing song, so aptly performed by Sting and the Police.

The Police

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

early birds
post Posted: Apr 1 2020, 08:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 1 2020, 10:49 AM

tongue.gif

" finally see the truth , the hero comes along "

https://www.afr.com/wealth/people/andrew-fo...20200401-p54g45

Mining billionaire Andrew Forrest has organised 90 tonnes of medical supplies to be flown from China as part of a $160 million funding package unveiled by his philanthropic foundation.

--------------------------
lmaosmiley.gif

buy FMG TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nipper
post Posted: Apr 1 2020, 10:49 AM
  Quote Post

good refresh, Mick
and Bob Dylan has a brooding powerful 17 minute Murder Most Foul reflection on JFK and many many other things. Can be found on the link

http://www.openculture.com/2020/03/bob-dyl...assination.html
What is he up to in this track? Is "Murder Most Foul" a summation of Dylan's career? Dylanologists will be puzzling it out for years. But the last line of his Twitter announcement sure sounds like a cryptic farewell wrapped in a warning: “Stay safe,” Dylan writes, “stay observant, and may God be with you.”

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 1 2020, 10:04 AM
  Quote Post

Moby, one of my fav exports from Canada, has a really appropriate Video clip for these times.
And the song is not half bad either.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Oct 4 2019, 12:16 PM
  Quote Post

Prog rock guitarist .... but Reine Fiske is Swedish, born 1972. Does a good job on recreating a sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zioI-W_En34j

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Sep 1 2019, 10:11 AM
  Quote Post

"Hope to die before I get old"
Bob Dylan (78 years old); Paul McCartney (77); Paul Simon (77) and Art Garfunkel (77); Carole King (77); Brian Wilson (77); Mick Jagger (76) and Keith Richards (75); Joni Mitchell (75); Jimmy Page (75) and Robert Plant (71); Ray Davies (75); Roger Daltrey (75) and Pete Townshend (74); Roger Waters (75) and David Gilmour (73); Rod Stewart (74); Eric Clapton (74); Debbie Harry (74); Neil Young (73); Van Morrison (73); Bryan Ferry (73); Elton John (72); Don Henley (72); James Taylor (71); Jackson Browne (70); Billy Joel (70); and Bruce Springsteen (69, but turning 70 next month).

https://theweek-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/...ery-rock-legend

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

bigspace
post Posted: Sep 19 2018, 04:05 PM
  Quote Post

Frank Sinatra... I don't need more words, best music in the world

nipper
post Posted: Aug 15 2018, 10:43 PM
  Quote Post

right now, Orchestra Baobab - "Pirates Choice" (1982)

and a glass of red. Way 2 Go

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: joules mm1  

nipper
post Posted: Sep 2 2017, 06:57 PM
  Quote Post

my kind of syncretism smile.gif Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughn; or, at times, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Albert King (@ 26 mins, the master applauds the student)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcGJahjsHY

Partial to Johnny Winter at Woodstock, too. (Yes. he played Woodstock)

--------------------

32 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING