Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

34 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

COVID-19, Pandemic
kahuna1
post Posted: Yesterday, 04:02 PM
  Quote Post

OH and Israel ...

It sent the kids back when ? Mid May 2020 .... Cases were nearly ZERO ... USA is far from that.
Numerous scientific papers on COVID19 in children and their ability to spread it, in fact super spread it as most dont show even symptoms.

Look hard and long at the chart below. USA is shocking now, kids back .... tomorrow and next 10 days ....

I wish it was NOT so. But ... slashing testing as Trump has done to claim cases are falling ? Now add some more petrol to the COVID19 fire.

Of course, for some, even understanding value of human life is beyond them. I note Barron Trumps school will not be going back.

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

kahuna1
post Posted: Yesterday, 04:01 PM
  Quote Post

Sociopaths and Psychopaths ... and severely mentally disturbed

have tells ....

A lack of compassion, remorse, empathy is just one of the 7 traits.

Comparing flu deaths in the USA which in a bad year of 30,000 to covid 19 which in 4 months has hit 200,000 USA deaths likely total .. and its at 500,000 or so infections a week so 10,000 more deaths a week for 30 weeks, grand total 500,000- Americans. Is 30,000 dead is the same as 500,000 ? And then add long term damage to lungs, brain and heart and liver of say 2.5 million more. Is that the same ?

In deeply disturbed mind, they are merely insects, ants of some sub species.

Since some like Trump continue NOT to even acknowledge its an issue and this week yet again claimed it will go away.He actually slashed testing and kids go back to school in the USA Monday. Science shows those under 18 get COVID19 but on the main dont show symptoms and shrug it off.
Israel got their covid under control and sent kids back in May 2020. Cases exploded, went up over 30 fold. It again had to shut down.
USA leadership has ruled that out. Insects ... back to work ,,,, your unemployment is cut ...

In fact Trump just announced he intends to remove Social security which is pensions .... people paid into all their lives and also abolish Medicare in the USA. During a pandemic ? That's healthcare for those who are retired, for those who are disabled.
For like minds, if one can call them that, they rejoice.

For most, not in those fringes of personality ... human life has value.

For those on the fringes, their is no understanding even of these basic concepts.

What sort of a genocidal maniac would slash testing in some states 33% in the last 10 days to send kids back to school ?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Testing_South_8th_aug_2020_.png ( 51.54K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

plastic
post Posted: Yesterday, 11:42 AM
  Quote Post

Every single year! No lockdown required. No mandatory mask required. No new code of social interaction between people. No sudden halt to business and enterprise.

How many flu deaths this year have been attributed to covid I wonder.

How many people die of the flu each year in US?
While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year. CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,00061,000 deaths annually since 2010.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

kahuna1
post Posted: Aug 8 2020, 11:56 AM
  Quote Post

Sigh ...
I always find it helpful NOT testing ... as Trump just bragged about USA cases falling .... some states with outbreaks 10 times worse than ours testing at 60% slashed testing this week by 33% ...

MAGA ... elect your madman ...
This is the South .... testing ... and they are up over 15% positives per test, so if your test 100,000 a day nationally less it disappears ? Pol Pot was an amateur. Trump has no limit where he will stop. NONE>

No contact tracing in the South .... and kids back at school in some states. Yippee .... Rwanda and the genocide there was not a fluke.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Testing_South_8th_aug_2020_.png ( 51.54K ) Number of downloads: 1

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 7 2020, 06:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Aug 7 2020, 05:15 PM

thought that was an Indian specialty. 70% ethanol, what can go wrong (as they say)?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

balance
post Posted: Aug 7 2020, 05:15 PM
  Quote Post

I thought someone was taking the piss when I heard some Americans had died after drinking hand sanitizer. Alas, yes, some are that stupid.

Here

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

Featured Stock Stories

triage
post Posted: Aug 7 2020, 07:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Mork's post @ Aug 6 2020, 08:10 PM

What, I am sure, will be the straw that breaks the camel's back for Vics will be the announcement that the AFL grand final is being transferred from the MCG to the Gabba.

I heard a radio journo put that idea to Jeff Boofhead Kennett the other day and he just about swallowed his dentures the wind suck was so loud. (remembering that when the Brisbane Lions are playing rubbish all the Victorian journos call them the Brisbane Lions but when they hit some form the Victorian journos all revert to calling them Fitzroy again).

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

Mork
post Posted: Aug 6 2020, 08:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 6 2020, 09:31 AM

Politicians and bureacrats constantly harp on about the ignorant and selfish people who flaunt the rules.
They wonder why so many people don't take them seriously.
They wonder why theres such a level of mistrust.
I shakes me head.

I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better.
They've got an empty MCG, i'm waiting for them to have a cage fighting spectacular and feed a few anti-vaxxs' to the lions between fights. Emperor Morrison can even make an appearance.
We live in interesting times.....

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  mullokintyre  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 6 2020, 10:51 AM
  Quote Post

Agh, the venerable permit system.
Was talking to my brother who is a builder down on Mornington peninsular.
Has to keep a record of every worker, contractor, delivery boy whoo comes on to a building site.
It is a three page document.
And it is very quickly driving him nuts. Already been visited by the police to check.
But the really important people do get their permits it seems.

The ACTU secretary Sally Mcmanus proudly displayed her permit on TWITTER this morning.
And whats her essential work?? To do appear on the ABC morning TV news show with Michael Rowland.
The self importance of the elites amazes me yet again.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 6 2020, 09:31 AM
  Quote Post

Once again, the hippocracy of peole rears its ugly head.

From The OZ

A Liberals are under fire for holding a 700-strong dinner for its state women’s council in an exclusive function room at Adelaide Oval in the same week as the state government reintroduced limits on funerals and weddings and a 10-person cap on visitors to private homes.

Sources told The Australian there was “genuine outrage” that the party would send such mixed messages by holding Thursday’s event, which has been catered for 700 guests at the William Magarey Room in the Riverbank Stand.

State director Sasha Meldrum told The Australian the event would be held in line with social distancing rules, with one person seated every 2sq m.

Other party figures said there was internal tension about the wisdom of holding such a huge event in the same week that weddings had again been capped at 100 and funerals at 50.

“It’s just confusing and it looks like there’s one set of rules for us and another for the punters,” one party member told The Australian. “We have a lot of members who would normally want to come who are older women but they feel quite torn about it.

“It’s causing genuine outrage among a lot of the membership.”

Politicians and bureacrats constantly harp on about the ignorant and selfish people who flaunt the rules.
They wonder why so many people don't take them seriously.
They wonder why theres such a level of mistrust.
I shakes me head.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  Mork  

34 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING