Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

16 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Trump
plastic
post Posted: Today, 08:48 AM
  Quote Post

Ghislaine Maxwell this era's Heidi Fleiss? Anyone remember her?

This time its another level up but the concept is the same. Blackmail of the rich and powerful through lewdness.

Trump wants that same leverage to politicize it.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ghislai...rison-officials

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

mullokintyre
post Posted: Yesterday, 12:05 PM
  Quote Post

An interesting aside about Trump and gun sales.
From Zero Hedge

The virus pandemic triggered a socio-economic bomb across major US metro areas resulting in one of the largest panic hoardings of guns and ammo by fearful consumers in quite some time, if not ever.

Gregory Ionadi, 75, the owner of gun shop Smoke N' Guns, located in Oakmont, Pennsylvania, told PJ Media:

"Prior to the COVID outbreak, President Obama was the best gun salesman we ever had," said Ionadi. "Anytime he was going to ban this, ban that, there was a rush on gun sales. When President Trump was elected, the fear of a gun ban subsided, and sales were so flat that several gun manufacturers went out of business."

Ionadi said sales at his gun shop erupted during the pandemic. He said he made more gun and ammo sales from March to April than what was done in the last three years, calling the period absolutely "crazy."

He said once the social unrest spread across the country by late May into early summer, the second round of panic buying occurred.

"You wouldn't believe the first-time gun buyers I've seen," said Ionadi. "I started seeing little old ladies — 70, 80 years old — wanting to defend themselves because of what was going on. So, I had to change my thinking. I had to start buying .22 Magnum revolvers. I have some revolvers here, but I had to start buying revolvers that women and older folks could use because they are easy to handle. Semi-auto and a revolver are two different things."

Gun stocks soared this summer as gun background checks rose 79% in July year-over-year.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

early birds
post Posted: Aug 11 2020, 06:02 PM
  Quote Post

Donald Trump has inaccurately claimed that the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918 ended WWII – a conflict that did not begin until two decades later.

Speaking at a White House press briefing on Monday evening, the president also got the year the pandemic started wrong.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/am...o-a9664171.html

==============================

i just want to cry for the peoples whom trusted him!! sadsmiley02.gif
why can't he just shut his mouth????

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  kahuna1  rlane  

triage
post Posted: Aug 6 2020, 07:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: rlane's post @ Aug 6 2020, 03:29 PM

Norman Swan's lad, kicking goals in the big league.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

rlane
post Posted: Aug 6 2020, 03:29 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmrEfQG6pIg

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  early birds  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 1 2020, 11:43 AM
  Quote Post

From my fav satirical site Babylon Bee

WASHINGTON, D.C.—President Trump has called the upcoming election unfair and rigged, saying the increase in mail-in votes would jeopardize the legitimacy of the results. Instead, Trump has proposed that we replace the system with a new one where an eligible male heir simply inherits the presidency once the old ruler dies.

The innovative new system will simply grant the presidency to the next male in a kind of "line of succession." Congress will not be needed, of course, since the ruler will graciously take upon himself the heavy burden of making all decisions for the country.

"We could have a big seat that the ruler sits in," Trump said at a press conference Thursday morning. "A huge seat, really big. Nice and plush. And a kind of round, golden hat. And you know what else would be neat? A little golden stick or rod. You could wave it around when you order people to do things. And if they won't do them you just bop them on the head with it. Or shout at someone to cut their head off."

"Oh man, and a cape. A cape would be tremendous."

Among the many benefits of the new system touted by Trump are more efficient decision-making, no more bickering from Congress, and fun titles to put behind the ruler's name. He says he thinks he'll select "His Majesty Donald Trump, First of His Name, Defeater of the Libs, Slayer of Hillary, Sovereign of All America" as his title, should we go ahead with this "great new idea."

I am sure it would work well.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Jul 27 2020, 11:47 AM
  Quote Post

What happens if Trump doesn't like the election result

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-stat...if-donald-trump

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

plastic
post Posted: Jun 15 2020, 04:18 AM
  Quote Post

First it was the NFL and now its the US Soccer Federation who are refusing to stand for the flag when they play.

There is going to have to be something momentous to occur in the next two and a half weeks for this Independence Day to be worth celebrating this year.

But just imagine what Thanksgiving is going to be like!

Especially if he wins. Again.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

triage
post Posted: Jun 4 2020, 07:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jun 4 2020, 09:38 AM

In the main, that's not actually Trumpy's decision, eb. The yanks, like us, are a federation, and a lot of the power remains vested in the states, not the feds. An example here is where the WA and Qld governments closed their borders. The other premiers and Scotty from Marketing could jump up and down as much as they liked, but it was not their call.

Having said that, Trumpy is very good at pretending he has power when he does not, and equally at pretending to have no power when in fact he does.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Jun 4 2020, 09:38 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jun 4 2020, 08:26 AM

kinda think of some thing good for trumpie

these protests is the best guinea pigs for COVID-19 re-opening. if this thing not flare up for next week or two, then trump can have best excuse to fully re--open the country!!

16 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING