Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

188 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NEWS PAPER OR MEDIA ARTICLES, ANYTHING INTERESTING
rlane
post Posted: Aug 8 2020, 02:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 8 2020, 01:06 PM

Humphrey was right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESIJ_C9mUBI

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  Pendragon  mullokintyre  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 8 2020, 01:06 PM
  Quote Post

From AP News

MOSCOW (AP) — Russia will perceive any ballistic missile launched at its territory as a nuclear attack that warrants a nuclear retaliation, the military warned in an article published Friday.

The harsh warning in the official military newspaper Krasnaya Zvezda (Red Star) is directed at the United States, which has worked to develop long-range non-nuclear weapons.

The article follows the publication in June of Russia’s nuclear deterrent policy that envisages the use of atomic weapons in response to what could be a conventional strike targeting the nation’s critical government and military infrastructure.In the Krasnaya Zvezda article, senior officers of the Russian military’s General Staff, Maj.-Gen. Andrei Sterlin and Col. Alexander Khryapin, noted that there will be no way to determine if an incoming ballistic missile is fitted with a nuclear or a conventional warhead, and so the military will see it as a nuclear attack.

“Any attacking missile will be perceived as carrying a nuclear warhead,” the article said. “The information about the missile launch will be automatically relayed to the Russian military-political leadership, which will determine the scope of retaliatory action by nuclear forces depending on the evolving situation.”

The argument reflects Russia’s longtime concerns about the development of weapons that could give Washington the capability to knock out key military assets and government facilities without resorting to atomic weapons.

In line with Russian military doctrine, the new nuclear deterrent policy reaffirmed that the country could use nuclear weapons in response to a nuclear attack or an aggression involving conventional weapons that “threatens the very existence of the state.”

The policy document offered a detailed description of situations that could trigger the use of nuclear weapons, including the use of nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction against Russia or its allies.

In addition to that, the document states for the first time that Russia could use its nuclear arsenal if it receives “reliable information” about the launch of ballistic missiles targeting its territory or its allies and also in the case of ”enemy impact on critically important government or military facilities of the Russian Federation, the incapacitation of which could result in the failure of retaliatory action of nuclear forces.”

It never ceases to amaze me how narrow is the scan of news in Australia.
This particular piece of news, assuming it is true, will have a profound effect on the world.
but I doubt it will get a mention in anything except the defence journals.

Now that should bring the doomsday clock a little closer.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Aug 8 2020, 11:08 AM
  Quote Post

It is a strange world. Sarah Hanson-Young has come out and said "anti-vaxxers have infected the Greens".
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/ant...c3eb1966708248a

I'd have thought that was their natural habitat.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 7 2020, 03:45 PM
  Quote Post

From Millenial
A video of a worship service happening inside a Walmart, reportedly in North Versailles, Pennsylvania, has the internet chirping. The churchgoers took to Walmart to come together in worship, as churches have been closed, but Walmarts are open.
The video was recorded by Nancy Halford and posted to her Facebook page, where it has been viewed over 1.1 million times.
It was on April 3 that Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf asked religious leaders in that state to "consider alternate forms of worship" as a result of the coronavirus. Wolf said "Religious leaders are encouraged to find alternatives to in-person gatherings and to avoid endangering their congregants. Individuals should not gather in religious buildings or homes for services or celebrations until the stay-at-home order is lifted."

Well, they took the govenor at his word.
Could well catch on here.
Scomo, being an adherent of the Hillsong Revivalist church would i am sure be happy to attend a service at Bunnings, or even better still, at half time in one the NRL matches he seems to like to attend.

Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 7 2020, 10:16 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 7 2020, 10:10 AM

Not a bad idea.
pity Sanders never got the nod over the geriatric.
Geez, wtalk about hobsons choice.
An egotistical loony versus an 84 year old with degenerative brain function. Great.
Mick

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Aug 7 2020, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/06/sanders-bil...zuckerberg.html

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos would pay a one-time wealth tax of $42.8 billion.
Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk would pay a one-time wealth tax of $27.5 billion.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg would pay a one-time wealth tax of $22.8 billion.
The Walton family would pay a one-time wealth tax of $12.9 billion.

==========================

ohmy.gif , it makes chinese commie looked like kind garden kid!!!! nothing is impossible in this world!!!

Featured Stock Stories

early birds
post Posted: Aug 3 2020, 10:03 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2020/07/31/wou...age-your-money/

Next time you get an email in your inbox from Hot Copper (HC) advertising a particular ASX-listed company, it might pay to see whether this particular company has had a capital raising recently, because chances are that HC may have an equity position in that listed company. So, while all the recent marketing hype has been around HC’s change in name to The Market Herald and its Canadian acquisition, it’s the size of the company’s share portfolio that has changed the nature of HC’s business model.

===================================================

blush.gif

not sure where to put this , so i put it here!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  rlane  

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 2 2020, 04:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 1 2020, 08:16 PM

Hmmm......... I've done a bit of Googling and now know a little more. Interesting that MMT seems to OK printing as much money as you want.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

nipper
post Posted: Aug 1 2020, 08:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Aug 1 2020, 07:36 PM

I can but I would not believe me.

They want inflation but it is not happening. Meanwhile, they do not want a depression. It is all too confusing.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 1 2020, 07:36 PM
  Quote Post

Alan Kohler in The Australian today has this to say..

The Federal Reserve is now fully monetising the US budget deficit — not by buying bonds directly from the US government, but after they’ve been laundered briefly in private ownership. It’s Modern Monetary Theory in practice. It’s here to stay and the same will eventually happen here, after some kicking and screaming perhaps.

Sounds a tad dodgy to me. Can anybody explain what he is talking about ?

Thanks.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

188 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING