Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >   

Reply to this topic

ADN, ADELAIDE RESOURCES LIMITED
TerryA
post Posted: Jan 30 2006, 02:19 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: aussie joe on Wednesday 25/01/06 08:25pm

Down 13 % so far today.

Does someone know something that I don't ?

aussie joe
post Posted: Jan 25 2006, 05:25 PM
  Quote Post

ADN has stalled considerably. grrr.gif

needs a positive announcement to kick start its run up again.

I hope an announcement detailing their Uranium study including a drilling program will be released shortly.

aussie joe ph34r.gif

datatrader
post Posted: Jan 7 2006, 01:48 PM
  Quote Post

HI Paul,

That was a pretty spot on call. Any idea when the next announcement might be?

Seems to be trading in the usual pattern, waiting perhaps on additional drilling results from the Rover gold prospect.

Looking forward to some drill results from their main cake - the sands!

DT

paulhart
post Posted: Dec 11 2005, 07:02 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: tasteofmoney on Saturday 10/12/05 06:41pm

There could be an announcement of results tomorrow.

tasteofmoney
post Posted: Dec 10 2005, 06:41 PM
  Quote Post

It certainly looking bullish after Fridays action S/T. Break out from triangle is a pretty high percentage chance of going on with it wink.gif.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Daz
post Posted: Dec 9 2005, 08:41 PM
  Quote Post

some good upside traciton to 68cents, touching previous highs once again, setting it nicely for maybe an attempt to break pass the 69 cents previous high i tink..

tipped to pass $1 by xmas on HC , seems likely given that Zirconium prices are high and climbing...

plus illuka is with them too...

chart looks great on this company aswell...

and this article must help them out too..

Dazza, looking forward to some good drilling results to be annoucnced... soon :D

Iluka shuts losers, backs winners
Robin Bromby
December 09, 2005

ILUKA Resources has cleared the decks for massive investment in new Australian projects by closing down two loss-making operations in the US.

The company, the world's biggest zircon producer, said it would take a $US60 million ($80 million) charge for winding up its mineral sands mines near Jacksonville, Florida, and in Georgia. The Old Hickory mine in Virginia will remain open.

Iluka's Florida and Georgia mines have been producing since 1972 but they now represent just 6.5 per cent of Iluka's zircon output and 4 per cent of titanium metals production.

They lose money due to low grades, small and thin mineralisation and high costs, even with the present high prices for heavy minerals, especially zircon. Iluka managing director Mike Folwell reassured the market that this write-off would not affect previous profit guidance of between $130 million and $140 million for the year - although it would be nearer the lower end of that range.

The market was not happy, Iluka shares being marked down 30c to $8.10.

Fat Prophets analyst Gavin Wendt said the decision was no surprise, given the problems in the US operations and the competing needs for capital spending in the Murray and Eucla basins in Australia.

"I think it was a very easy decision for them to make," he said.

One of the projects that has been competing with the US mines for Iluka's attention and financial resources is Iluka's new Douglas mineral sands mine in the Victorian section of the Murray Basin. At $270 million, it is the single biggest investment ever made by Iluka. The mine is due to be producing in mid-2006.

But Douglas may be dwarfed by the potential of the Eucla Basin in South Australia.

In February Iluka announced it had discovered about $3.1 billion worth of zircon at the Jacinth and Ambrosia deposits near Ceduna's deepwater port.

Last month there was a third big discovery for the company in the Eucla Basin.

Drilling at its Tripitaka joint venture with Adelaide Resources, Iluka found a zircon-rich belt with grades of up to 63 per cent.

Much of Iluka's vast acreage in the Eucla Basin has yet to be explored

datatrader
post Posted: Dec 8 2005, 09:32 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks Sabre for the post - informative reading at the very least.

This seems to tie in well with the announcement that Iluka is closing down its US operations bar for Virginia. They also make specific mention about developing opportunities in the Murray and Eucla basin. And Eucla is exactly what Adelaide Resources is siting on.

Awaiting eagerly for the assay results to pop up before Christmas - as indicated by the article. If it turns out to be a ripper, then who knows what will happen.

Good luck to all!

DT

sabretoothed
post Posted: Dec 8 2005, 06:17 AM
  Quote Post

http://www.minesite.com/storyFull5.php?storySeq=3174

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

sabretoothed
post Posted: Nov 23 2005, 05:42 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: tasteofmoney on Wednesday 23/11/05 06:30pm

Chart is looking very bullish blink.gif

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

tasteofmoney
post Posted: Nov 23 2005, 05:30 PM
  Quote Post

Hit an intraday high of 69c but retreating to close at 67c - still an 100% jump in price for those who were holding the stock a fortnight ago wink.gif.

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING