Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

16 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Virtual currencies, Blockchain bitcoin
mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 17 2019, 08:25 PM
  Quote Post

And in another development in the block cain practical usage meme comes this news.

From coingeek

A new app has been launched for recording local weather and climate data on the Bitcoin SV (BSV) blockchain, in the latest example of an app developer using OP_RETURN transactions in a practical use case.

The app, WeatherSV, was put together by the team behind Australian IT services firm FNQComputers, which announced the launch of the app on Twitter. According to the team, the automated weather channels can be activated from 40,000 live stations and the climate data can be stored on the BSV chain forever.
The app provides a web interface for users to begin recording weather data on the blockchain, covering a comprehensive data set including temperature, humidity, wind speed and air pressure.

Notably, the tweet references notable Bitcoin developer Unwriter, nChain Global and Money Button for their contributions to the project. According to the WeatherSV website, the service relies on bitdb, datapay, Money Button, and Open Weather Map, as well as the BSV blockchain.

WeatherSV allows users to record weather data for their local area, written immutably to the BSV blockchain as a permanent data record. The data is indexed for easy retrieval, and can be searched as required.

With some 40,000 live weather stations covered in the network, the app offers potentially wide ranging access to local weather data. New channels can be created for A$5 (about $4), the A$1/month (about $0.71) to maintain the feed, which writes the data immutably to the blockchain as a permanent, searchable record.

So far, the site has already activated channels for Saint Johns, Antigua and Barbuda; Melbourne and Geelong West in Australia; Toronto and Vancouver in Canada; Seoul, South Korea; Panama; Mandalay, Myanmar; Frankfurt am Main, Germany; Oslo, Norway; Hangzhou, China; Rosario, Argentina; Santiago, Chile; Beersheba and Tel Aviv in Israel; and Algonquin, Carol Stream, Miami, Minneapolis, Newport Beach, Rogers, Prairieville, and Keene in the United States.

The app demonstrates the capabilities of developments on Bitcoin SV, which benefits from being the most effective environment for blockchain developers, both technologically and practically.

The WeatherSV site, which went live on Wednesday, is the latest app to be powered by the Bitcoin SV blockchain. It comes at a time of heightened development activity in and around the BSV ecosystem, with developers, merchants and consumers increasingly preferring BSV to alternative platforms.

With minimal processing fees, fast transaction times and superior technology to other blockchains, BSV remains the platform of choice for innovative app developers.

Interesting from two perspectives.
1. its an Australian firm ' from Cairns no less.
2. the data cannot be manipulated .

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 4 2019, 07:25 AM
  Quote Post

Yesterday on the country hour on ABC (yes, some old country farts still listen to it), the reporter announced for the first time ever, that block chain had been used as a payment
for a parcel of wool bound for China.
It seems that blockchain, complex as it is, is still easier than organising legitimate letters of credit.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  

royco
post Posted: Apr 4 2019, 12:46 AM
  Quote Post

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-brie...8-KmPCodx0zYAFL

--------------------
Ἀρτεμίσιον

royco
post Posted: Mar 12 2019, 08:51 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/03/11/winklevo...n-lead-to-this/

--------------------
Ἀρτεμίσιον

royco
post Posted: Feb 17 2019, 04:49 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.investinblockchain.com/nasdaq-i...hereum-indices/

Feb 25th

--------------------
Ἀρτεμίσιον

nipper
post Posted: Feb 5 2019, 11:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 4 2019, 08:09 PM

. Since cryptocurrency exchanges, where people can trade currencies, are often hacked and lack the regulatory oversight of banks, most exchanges hold a significant portion of their money in a “cold” wallet that is not connected to the internet. This is transferred over to a “hot” wallet when needed. QaudrigaCX said that its missing money was in one such wallet.

“Transfers from the cold wallet to the hot wallet would occur when the hot wallet was running low and withdrawals were being sent to users. The transfer of coins from the cold wallet to the hot wallet was performed manually by Gerry Cotton,” Ms Robertson said.

Angry QaudrigaCX customers have been speculating that Mr Cotten faked his death after running into trouble. In January last year the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) froze five accounts linked to QuadrigaCX affecting 388 customers and worth Cdollars 25 million, citing confusion about who owned those savings. The funds were released by a court in Ontario on December 3, according to QuadrigaCX.
oh well, something happened, that's for sure

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 4 2019, 08:09 PM
  Quote Post

Crypto Exchange Says It Can't Repay $262 Million To Clients After Founder Dies With Only Password

https://www-gizmodo-com-au.cdn.ampproject.o...ion-to-clients-

Whatever.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 11 2018, 03:20 PM
  Quote Post

Interesting read

Two identities, one man: the story of $800 million hedge fund fraudster Boaz Manor who led the alleged $31 million Blockchain Terminal ICO
by Frank Chaparro

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/2018/12/10/t...n-terminal-ico/

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 5 2018, 03:18 PM
  Quote Post

Two Celebrities Charged With Unlawfully Touting Coin Offerings

"Investors should be skeptical of investment advice posted to social media platforms, and should not make decisions based on celebrity endorsements," said Enforcement Division Co-Director Steven Peikin.

"Social media influencers are often paid promoters, not investment professionals, and the securities they’re touting, regardless of whether they are issued using traditional certificates or on the blockchain, could be frauds."

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-268

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

joules mm1
post Posted: Nov 23 2018, 09:34 AM
  Quote Post

Reuters Business‏Verified account @ReutersBiz 2h2 hours ago Bitcoin may have lost value this week, but if you take a closer look, it's actually been getting more stable, @tomwilson1983 reports https://reut.rs/2R5PUgy via @ReutersTV

(my reaction - yes- it's become more stable aaaaat losing!)

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

16 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING