Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLX, SILEX SYSTEMS LIMITED
gulf
post Posted: Mar 24 2009, 11:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Mar 17 2009, 03:04 PM

hi moosey
the bot does set buy and sell at the same time and we have a normal day today ! - according th the ASX - it is just the normal investor cannot participate .Richard Flynn,Manager ASX Surveillance has confirmed on a number of occassions that this type of trading is normal also confirmed that "ASX runs an anonymous market "

moosey
post Posted: Mar 17 2009, 03:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bing's post @ Mar 16 2009, 08:30 PM

Thanks Bing, it would be interesting to see if the seller and the buyer are the same, but the ASX took that function away from us some time ago now, I will bet it was to stop us seeing what really goes on, I am not happy that they allow this sort of thing, but what would you expect from a regulator who has a vested interest!

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

bing
post Posted: Mar 16 2009, 08:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Mar 16 2009, 03:27 PM

Posted this a while ago on another SS thread and think it is useful to post here too.

Like to know if the buy and sell orders come from one source/computer, which we know is not allowed.

Here it is
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Received this reply from the ASX when I questioned whether the very low volume trades of Cellestis
shares was manipulation or not.

04 March 2009
RE: Market Manipulation in CST.
Thank you for this information regarding CST in respect of possible Market Manipulation. ASX Ltd
appreciates information that is gathered from the public as it assists us in our role of maintaining
market integrity by requiring compliance with the obligations set out in the ASX Operating Rules.

Having reviewed the course of sales data for CST for recent days it appears the trades you are referring to,
are the result of DMA (Direct Market Access) or algorithmic trading.

You may be aware that DMA trading allows a client to send orders directly onto a trading platform without
human intervention. One form of DMA trading involves a strategy where a single order might be split up into
several smaller orders which are submitted periodically (every 3 minutes for example).

This type of DMA trading is normally unremarkable and has no impact on the price or volume of a stock. However,
occasionally market observers may see small volume orders being submitted to a trading platform in a less liquid stock
which result in small volume trades.

Surveillance monitors DMA trading and expects brokers to have in place appropriate mechanisms to ensure that such
trading is not manipulative. DMA trading is an increasingly popular means of trading, particularly when a participant
seeks to track VWAP or ‘slice and dice’ an order for other purposes. Further details and articles regarding DMA trading
can be found be searching under "DMA Trading" on the ASX website.

Please refer to this link for more information on the ASX Market Surveillance function:
http://www.asx.com.au/supervision/particip...urveillance.htm

Thank you once again for raising your concerns with ASX.

Yours sincerely,
Sai Sridhar
Customer Service
Australian Securities Exchange

Unquote

moosey
post Posted: Mar 16 2009, 03:27 PM
  Quote Post

When is the ASX going to stop this rort, or will they ever? as it isn't in their best interests to do so, it's akin to the fox minding the hen house, it's a joke!

Out of the 111 trades today totalling $16,219 I believe there may have only been 14 possible legit trades totalling $$15988, those were the ones 100 shares or more the bulk of trades were for 3 shares or less, so that means that the BOT traded 97 times for a total of $231, it's a bloody farce IMHO.

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

moosey
post Posted: Mar 16 2009, 11:11 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: geoq's post @ Mar 16 2009, 10:57 AM

Yeah, I have been following both geoq, I wonder how much brokerage they pay on each trade? I will bet it is something that you or I are not privvy to, it's only for the brokers IMHO and shouldn't be allowed, but I guess if anybody is silly enough to fall for it then they deserve what they get, I see it as a contrarian indicator, they want the shares, just at a lower cost, but they are building on their holdings even if they sell a few to themselves at below market cost to give the appearance that the SP is falling, best to look at the VWAP before selling IMHO.

--------------------

geoq
post Posted: Mar 16 2009, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Mar 16 2009, 10:42 AM

The same thing has also been happening with NRT and it disappears as soon as it is reported. Usually occurs in stocks with low turnover and when there is a wide gap between buyers and sellers.

G

moosey
post Posted: Mar 16 2009, 10:42 AM
  Quote Post

You gotta laugh, as soon as I mention it they switch it off, coincidence???? tongue.gif

And now it's back after nearly 20 mins reprieve!

--------------------

moosey
post Posted: Mar 16 2009, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

It's a bit of a joke that in the last 33 trades there are lees than 4 genuine sales, the bot keeps selling 3 shares about every minute, go figure, anybody fooled by this has to be nuts!

SLX are only months away now from confirming the test loop results and then there is the added bonus of what solar may bring, I just wish they would hurry up and get the cells right and tested!

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: motty  

finlen
post Posted: Mar 5 2009, 09:11 AM
  Quote Post

This is to report that SLX came out with their official "Investors Presentation" on 26 Feb 2009, presented at their website www.silex.com.au .

arty
post Posted: Mar 4 2009, 08:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gulf's post @ Mar 4 2009, 08:41 AM

fwiw, SLX dropped back to $3.20 in the OTC ADR trade overnight.
Admittedly, that was on low volume, which may yet be reversed when our market opens. Early match-out here is about $3.40.
I'll wait for the picture to become clearer...
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING