Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1613 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > »    

Reply to this topic

Index Trading, xjo, dow, dax, ftse
nipper
post Posted: Mar 30 2020, 05:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Mar 30 2020, 05:28 PM

Yeah, not having a go, mate.

The country is bringing forward outlays. It will be recouped over time, from the only ultimate source. US

Sometimes a bit of tough love averts greater catastrophes.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  mullokintyre  

early birds
post Posted: Mar 30 2020, 05:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 30 2020, 05:04 PM

can you avoid paying tax?? death and tax...... lmaosmiley.gif

my supper gonna suffer this year ..may be next as well. but i'm still young hope i'm not drop dead in few years time. ohmy.gif

for next six months half of our nation will work for Govt.

nipper
post Posted: Mar 30 2020, 05:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Mar 30 2020, 03:37 PM

make good profits these days

as long as you pay your taxes. Now and in the future

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Mar 30 2020, 03:37 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/austra...20200330-p54f45

PM announces $130b wage subsidy

======================================

well well.................. keep printing, it's punishment of people that "live with their means". really ask people keep borrowing and Govt. will back you up cool.gif

my trade is made good money as i kinda knew this type of printing on the way. hahaha.....

love CFDs. way to make good profits these days. lmaosmiley.gif

joules mm1
post Posted: Mar 30 2020, 12:00 PM
  Quote Post

very well constructed upday in progress $xjo
may suggest, not be bullish not bearish, be trade-ish

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

joules mm1
post Posted: Mar 30 2020, 11:42 AM
  Quote Post

ok, so not index trading directly,this maybe completely bogus, did some searches and the tweet has some backing but how much efficacy ?
First Squawk‏ @FirstSquawk CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: CHINESE SCIENTISTS HAVE DEVELOPED A NEW WEAPON TO COMBAT THE VIRUS. THEY SAY THEY HAVE FOUND A NANOMATERIAL THAT CAN ABSORB AND DEACTIVATE THE VIRUS WITH 96.5-99.9% EFFICIENCY

5:49 AM - 29 Mar 2020
----------------------------------------------------------
#education #DJIND #SP500 #$NYA

Walter Deemer‏ @WalterDeemer
1/3 The sensational breadth on Tues/Wed/Thu led to a lot of talk about breadth thrusts. The most reliable ones, IMO, are Whaley Breadth Thrusts (5 days) and my own Breakaway Momentum (10 days).
http://docs.mta.org/pdfs/dowaward-2010.pdf

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

Featured Stock Stories

early birds
post Posted: Mar 30 2020, 09:27 AM
  Quote Post

asx200
from open near 4800 rallied to 4800 in matter of 15 odd minutes. adjust the fall from last Friday as all other market performed well??

bearish look for US market. atm.

joules mm1
post Posted: Mar 29 2020, 10:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 29 2020, 06:01 PM

in short no, if he has to adjust, never known an algo/bot that didnt need adjustment to the market phase, there's lag time, the bigger the volaltility the bigger the gain but inverse loss too

there is no correlation from a point for point move, there is no mechanism, price being dynamic, it is by probabilities, you have nailed several parametres that lift probabilities in your favour

non of which takes into consideration that you have entered and exited with enough margin for error and can have enough turnover (roundtrips that exceed the cost of the trip)

in other words if there was a correlation outside of the trim we'd probably know about it already and it'd become worthless

so the trim can be accomplished, that is, the win:loss ratio can be skewed in your favour but i'll be frank, only a rocket scientist who can ignore risk and have maximum disciipline can run that trim if done by hand

so if he has enough capital to withstand the constant drawdowns he'll definintely get in some phases, plus he can outrun the fees with each trip then it can be done

unlikely by your common garden home retail trader

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Mar 29 2020, 09:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 29 2020, 06:01 PM

he's trying to play arbitrage

in a bull it's a win, the bull itself gets you out of jail, just like bogus indicators, the bull gets everyone out of jail, the percentages work in your favour
sure you have the occasional loser but in toto played consistently the bull lets you off the hook

in a bear it's pot luck unless you add in a couple if ingredients:

firstly that the stock is at two inflection points:
a previous significant vpoc (volume point of control) where a lot of transactions occurred regardless of the dates
that that zone co-coincides with a discount that you know fund managers will chase of have black box buying set to trigger

so even in a bounce like a 20-25% bounce in a bear you can win but the risk:reward is heavily skewed in a bear to the seller

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 29 2020, 06:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Mar 29 2020, 05:35 PM

Perhaps I did not explain myself (or him).
This guy says he looks at the futures of the index say for opening Monday morning.
He then works out if they are telling him to buy the stocks he is interested in or sell the stocks he has if the index is telling him that.
So what i want to know is , is there any correlation, and how close is that correlation if it exists, between the index strength or weakness and the index as it occurs on the open or shortly after.
This all started when I was telling him I had had some recent success selling gold shares into a strong opening, and buying them back later when they had weakened.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

1613 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING