Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

89 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

COVID-19, Pandemic
early birds
post Posted: Aug 7 2021, 11:24 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/company-new...alia/ar-AAN06nA

"The US government has recently instructed the company to prioritise alignment with the US Food and Drug Administration on the company's analytic methods before conducting additional US manufacturing and further indicated that the US government will not fund additional US manufacturing until such agreement has been made," Novavax said.

========================

the share price dropped big time last night's session in USA .
to me , i just wondering the safety of this drug , seems i have to find out my self..... cool.gif

plastic
post Posted: Aug 6 2021, 09:22 PM
  Quote Post

Dirk asks a similar question to myself with the same amount of skepticism as well.

Multivalent Dirk Haussecker@RNAiAnalyst$NVAX can't believe how dumb US FDA is when CDC says 'vaccinate, vaccinate, vaccinate', but many of hesitants waiting for mRNA/adeno alternative. If manufacturing process good enough for most of world, why not the US? Is #covid19 not an emergency any more?

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

early birds
post Posted: Aug 6 2021, 11:37 AM
  Quote Post

https://au.yahoo.com/news/fauci-warns-us-co...-155740613.html

If we don't crush the outbreak to the point of getting the overwhelming proportion of the population vaccinated, then what will happen is the virus will continue to smoulder through the fall into the winter, giving it ample chance to get a variant,” he told

=====================

really respecting Dr. Fauci who try to stick to the science facts as much as he could during this pandemic .
to me , he is a respectable doctor . not those nasty polies whom only serve their own interests and dosen't care about everyday peoples!!

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 5 2021, 03:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Aug 5 2021, 10:46 AM

If CSL is confident that the AZ vaccine is safe and effective ( not 100% I do realise) and they are manufacturing it, that is good enough for me. Older, but possibly safer technology in the long run.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kahuna1  

plastic
post Posted: Aug 5 2021, 10:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 5 2021, 08:54 AM

I am not medically qualified to say. For me the concern is how we are supposed to know which is better or worse when different economic zones are opting for different solutions to the same problem and the political leaders of the zone we are in choose one experimental solution which is providing empirical data of being worse than the disease while simultaneously stripping away the civil liberties of ordinary law abiding persons.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Aug 5 2021, 08:54 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Aug 5 2021, 08:43 AM

from side effects of these vaccine
is novavax better than fifizer?????????

my immune system wasn't good enough [ allergic problem], but i do want jab
so i try to find relatively safe one to use....

plastic
post Posted: Aug 5 2021, 08:43 AM
  Quote Post

So how can it be ok for the EU but not the US or Australia?
MRNA on a tear but ALNY seems very subdued.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eu-sea...nes-2021-08-04/

EU seals deal with Novavax for up to 200 million COVID-19 vaccines

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Aug 4 2021, 02:33 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 3 2021, 08:46 PM

guess what ... we are going to have to live with it. No magic bullet, anywhere.

=========================

don't think we be able to live with this nasty thingy!! most of Govnt. will do anything to quash it!! imho
just economy will suffer little longer!! not a good thing!! weirdsmiley.gif

nipper
post Posted: Aug 3 2021, 08:46 PM
  Quote Post

Authorities in the Chinese city of Wuhan will begin testing its entire population, after a handful of positive coronavirus cases were detected.

China is currently seeing one of its biggest outbreaks in months, with 300 cases detected in 10 days.

Some 15 provinces across the country have been affected, which has led to the government rolling out mass testing measures and lockdown restrictions.

Authorities have attributed the spread of the virus to the highly contagious Delta variant and the domestic tourism season.
guess what ... we are going to have to live with it. No magic bullet, anywhere.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Jul 30 2021, 09:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 24 2021, 12:16 PM

can you guys hear the army steps???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Army to police Sydney lockdown as virus crisis escalates
Michael Read, Phillip Coorey

The army has been called into Sydney to enforce compliance with the city’s lockdown, as health experts warn that record numbers of mystery cases and people failing to isolate while infectious raises the risk of Sydney’s COVID-19 outbreak spiralling out of control.

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has begun to concede her government may not be able to stamp out the current delta variant outbreak and could instead reopen when vaccination rates improved.

“High rates of vaccination will be part of the road to freedom,” she said.

NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller revealed on Thursday that he had asked Prime Minister Scott Morrison to send 300 Australian Defence Force personnel to Sydney to enforce the NSW government’s strict public health orders, following concern that too many people were failing to comply with the rules.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

educated guess eh!!! cool.gif

Here are the key stories on today’s print front page:

Army to police Sydney lockdown as virus crisis escalates: The army has been called into Sydney to enforce compliance with the city’s lockdown, as health experts warn Sydney’s COVID-19 outbreak might spiral out of control.

Macquarie prepares $30b war chest for post-pandemic opportunities: The investment bank has warned investors it would reduce its dividend policy to target a payout of between 50 and 70 per cent of net profit each year.

Chanticleer: Macquarie looks past COVID-19 in tilt to growth: Change happens slowly when it comes to Macquarie Group’s strategy, but a shift in its dividend policy suggests a bigger appetite for size.

====================

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/12-sup...20210729-p58e8l

89 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING