Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

33 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Australia World Cup, Anything about Socceroos
rubba81
post Posted: Jun 30 2007, 10:31 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Livas1 on Wednesday 12/07/06 08:22pm

And next time hit him harder biggrin.gif

rubba81
post Posted: Jun 30 2007, 10:29 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: frank on Wednesday 12/07/06 09:40pm

sorry to say but you sound like a very naive redneck frank. Dont you get that many channels have an agenda against soccer, eg channel 9, whenever there's a brawl in soccer their always first to show it, but they never ever report the brawls/arrests that occur during games of football or cricket.

Interesting isnt it?

rubba81
post Posted: Jun 30 2007, 10:22 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: SAM172 on Saturday 30/06/07 09:49pm

Totally agree with you there Sam.

Not sure about the internet, it will be on foxtel, might be best to go to a local pub though to watch the games.

SAM172
post Posted: Jun 30 2007, 09:49 PM
  Quote Post

What a pity Asian Cup is not shown on free TV thumbdown.gif

Does anyone know a place on internet where you can watch it from ?

--------------------
Uncle Sam

sook
post Posted: Jul 21 2006, 10:19 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: blackburn f.c on Friday 21/07/06 08:50pm

agreed... there was no proportionality in the fines... 3 matches for a headbutt & 2 matches for normal run of the mill sledging.

materrazzi can take heart that he has the 2006 world cup winners medal & zizou doesnt. the french are a bunch of sore losers... made my day they lost the final.... one world cup wonders ze french... could only win it on home soil...

blackburn f.c
post Posted: Jul 21 2006, 08:50 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: alonso on Friday 21/07/06 07:29pm

3 games and a tiny fine is pretty light for a full force head butt imho. And to give Materazzi 2 matches and a smaller fine for saying something that was insulting but not racist is ridiculous. There was no proportionality with regard to these bans and in my mind 3 matches for a head butt is a joke in any level of the sport. FIFA should have set an example here but unfortunately they didn't. I know it is over, but really it was a ridiculous decision from the world body.

alonso
post Posted: Jul 21 2006, 07:29 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: frank on Friday 21/07/06 07:24pm

Frank, get over it.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

frank
post Posted: Jul 21 2006, 07:24 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: nizar on Friday 21/07/06 05:24pm

Violence is sickening no matter where it happens.
But surely you can see the mess your sport is in now? Your governing body is virtually encouraging violence. Basically what they are saying to young and old is that next time someone insults your mother, you are a puss if you don't stand up for yourself and give your opponent a jolly good headbutt, but only on a soccer pitch, because the law won't be able to get at you there.
Can you see what I am getting at? Your game is now in a mess.

--------------------
Because I'm in no condition to receive bad news. I shall fine you each 1000 yen.
But you don't pay us, master.
Then I shall start paying you in order to fine you.

Before acting on any of the information you read and making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.These are my thoughts only and mostly just guesswork.

nizar
post Posted: Jul 21 2006, 05:24 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: frank on Thursday 13/07/06 09:28pm

It truly sickened me to see the way Zidane behaved in front of everyone including children.

I dont know about your understanding of the word "sickened"

To be honest what sickens me is whats happening in Lebanon

You and many others watching from home (including myself) have NO IDEA how much pressure is and was on Zidane's shoulders nor do we know what Materazzi's words were...

Zidane is still a great player; please remember him for the magic

--------------------
My posts express my opinions and thoughts and do not constitute financial advice.
Please consult a professional financial advisor and/or do your own research before investing.

frank
post Posted: Jul 21 2006, 04:23 PM
  Quote Post

Hey, a new ploy that can be used in soccer.
Just headbutt an opponent on the grounds that they insulted your mother. May or may not be true, but who cares. It will be your word against theirs and that way get them banned for the next couple of matches. Brilliant strategy 99! We'll just make sure that the headbutting is done by a player on the way out ( so there will be no great loss in that regard) against a top scorer from the opposition.
But, why stop at one headbutt? We can get all the top players banned.
Umh, only problem is if they use the same strategy against us, we could be left with only a handful of players.
Interesting FIFA decision to condone a criminal act because it occured on a mighty soccer pitch. I should have known that soccer is above the law.
Maybe they can give out headbutting awards in soccer.
Now that's a thought.
PLEASE, do not bring this soccer come headbutting game to Australia as it will surely give our young kids the wrong idea.

--------------------
Because I'm in no condition to receive bad news. I shall fine you each 1000 yen.
But you don't pay us, master.
Then I shall start paying you in order to fine you.

Before acting on any of the information you read and making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.These are my thoughts only and mostly just guesswork.

33 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING