Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Subscription Renewal Warning, Australian Small Cap Investor
spartz
post Posted: Mar 11 2008, 12:26 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Monteverdi on Wednesday 05/03/08 02:06pm

To continue the saga, I got an email saying:

Thank you for your email below, please be advised that you renewal has not been cancelled and refunded as you requested.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to call our Customer Service team on 1300 782 911 and we will be happy to assist.

Luckily it was just a typo (kind of funny in a way) and my money has indeed been refunded. So yes, while they are very cheeky to bill so early, they will do the right thing if asked. However, the warning still stands - organise yourself ultra early if you want to cancel!

Spartz.

Monteverdi
post Posted: Mar 5 2008, 01:06 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: spartz on Wednesday 05/03/08 01:36pm

I found the same thing myself. I didn't want to cancel as they have given me a couple of useful additions to my watchlist and it doesn't cost that much but a $200 deduction appeared on my credit card statement.

I 'phoned to ask why, and they offered to refund the money if I wished to cancel and to remove me from the automatic renewal list.

I agree that they shouldn't do it, but I don't think you will have any difficulty in getting a refund. Give them a call at 1300 78 29 11.

Regards,
Monteverdi.

--------------------
I could be wrong, of course.

spartz
post Posted: Mar 5 2008, 12:36 PM
  Quote Post

To those of you who are currently subscribing to the Australian Small Cap Investor (this is the newsletter put out by Dan Denning of The Daily Reckoning fame) just be warned that if you want to cancel after the initial 12 months - then you need to do so at least two months early.

I wrote a cancellation letter at the end of February thinking that was plenty of time before the automatic renewal of my subscription on the April anniversary. I got my credit card statement yesterday to find that they had ALREADY charged my credit card more than six weeks early.

Not sure how I will go getting them to refund the money and cancel the subscription as requested but I thought I would warn others who were thinking of the same thing to cancel as early as possible.

Spartz.

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING