Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

272 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 268 269 270 271 272 >   

Reply to this topic

BHP, BHP BILLITON LIMITED
Firky
post Posted: Jul 29 2004, 09:13 PM
  Quote Post

Hi

Can someone recommend the best site to view and convert BHP trading in UK. Also is code the same over there?

Thanks

influxweb
post Posted: Jul 21 2004, 01:31 PM
  Quote Post

Quote (regarding $13 estimation in short term):

Not so sure about BHP at $13 today.
It fell 1.45% to 493.75p in London. This translates to Aust$12.59 without the usual

Australian premium over UK price
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=blt.l&d=c

however was up slightly in United States.
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=bhp&d=c

influxweb
post Posted: Jul 21 2004, 01:30 PM
  Quote Post

The price has broken through the 12.70 resistance point.

With the technicals & fundementals looking strong I think its full steam ahead for BHP.

Regards
Andrew
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Hector
post Posted: Jul 19 2004, 10:11 AM
  Quote Post

I found this recommendation today. Also read on the weekend that a Californian delegation came to discuss the LNG supply issue with government. Remember the PM spoke with The Terminator recently about the BHP group to supply LNG to an offshore platform. The successful signing of that deal would add significantly to a BHP further upgrade.
BHP Billiton (BHP) is expected to report record earnings of US$3.47bn on 18 August, 2004. Macquarie Research Equities (MRE) maintain BHP as their preferred resource sector exposure due to its superior operating and financial performance.

MRE expect BHP to deliver an impressive result that further increases its superior earnings before income tax (EBIT) margin relative to the rest of the resource sector. Backing out the extraordinary gains of US$126m on the sale of the Ivanhoe royalty and settlement of Liverpool Bay litigation, the company is expected to deliver adjusted earnings of US$3.35bn – representing earnings per share growth of a massive 77%!

BHP’s result is again expected to be dominated by contributions from the Carbon Steel and Petroleum groups, representing almost 50% of earnings, although the Base Metals division should deliver the strongest earnings growth on the back of the 45% stronger copper price.

MRE maintain an Outperform recommendation on BHP and a share price target of $13.40/ share.

--------------------
When you least expect it, expect the unexpected....

Hector
post Posted: Jul 19 2004, 10:01 AM
  Quote Post

I haven't checked Sharescene for a couple of weeks as I have adopted a different trading approach. I was falling into the trap of overtrading. I have been holding BHP during this last run from 11.50. I have prematurely skipped out a couple of times but am now holding and waiting for the profit report due on the 18th of August. I trade BHP using CFD's and find them perfect for this stock and the swings that it typically shows. It trends well and is not difficult to follow. I am also long HDR using CFD's too. BHP requires a 5% margin which makes it attractive for CFD trading. It just looks so strong at the moment and I think that ABN and Macquaries target of $15 might not be pie in the sky this time.
Hector

--------------------
When you least expect it, expect the unexpected....

influxweb
post Posted: Jul 8 2004, 01:26 PM
  Quote Post

Interesting time technically for BHP as the stock price flirts with the resistane set out early in the year (Dec, 03 & Feb/March 04). If we see the price break through 12.70-12.80 then technically its blue sky ahead smile.gif

Regards
Andrew
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

wolverine
post Posted: Jul 7 2004, 09:11 PM
  Quote Post

nice work firky.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

Firky
post Posted: Jul 7 2004, 01:19 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks Wolverine
Just ducked home at lunch to check, have decided today is the day. Happy with what I've got.

wolverine
post Posted: Jul 7 2004, 07:58 AM
  Quote Post

firky i wrote a long response and i lost my cable connection last night. grrr.gif

open interest for july is highest around $12.50 strike. smarter folk than you and i are looking for a close around here on july 29.

before you take too many long call positions you need to have some kind of strategy in place or you will lose plenty of money in ETO's.

you have a a tidy %% profit atm consider taking it and then do lots of reading.

good luck

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

Firky
post Posted: Jul 6 2004, 10:23 PM
  Quote Post

Oops.. Expire in July. Few wines after tea and can't tell one month from the other, sorry.

272 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 268 269 270 271 272 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING