Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1572 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > »    

Reply to this topic

Index Trading, xjo, dow, dax, ftse
joules mm1
post Posted: Oct 30 2018, 03:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Oct 30 2018, 03:01 PM

cm
$xjo overnight cfd swung low 5630 to intra high 5804's (depending on the spread setting)likely buyers simply decided 5800's was a good level to see who wanted to make price discovery
even so that's a big points swing with no o/s assistance keepinh mind honkers looks like it hasnt finished the churn to est a low
and for mine it speaks to xjo trend .... it cannot wait to get underway, the auction has achieved what it wanted from weak hands
can't fudge trend

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

cooderman
post Posted: Oct 30 2018, 03:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Oct 30 2018, 01:36 PM

5800 cap or a real breakout.

Attached Image

joules mm1
post Posted: Oct 30 2018, 01:36 PM
  Quote Post

$xjo happy longs
not requiring external markets, honkers, a bag of stale nuts, is at best a drag on $xjo but not holding back the big uptrend
$$ game on

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

joules mm1
post Posted: Oct 29 2018, 06:23 PM
  Quote Post

$xjo
tuesday: 11:30 Australia – Building Approvals – Residential Building Approvals
wednesday: 11:30 Australia – Consumer Price Index - RBA Trimmed Mean CPI / RBA

thursday: 11:30 Australia - Trade Balance – Trade Deficit – Goods and Services
friday: 11:30 Australia - Retail Sales Quarter/Quarter

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

joules mm1
post Posted: Oct 29 2018, 11:19 AM
  Quote Post

failure of $xjo/spi to roll over awaiting $hsi to open a good sign shorts are trapped and no new pos's opened
unfortunately what skewed/screwed my outlook is cfd's are 80% long (i should be betting large when i'm betting tiny!!)

honkers opens flat from the cfd close sat morning ...... $hsi lifting is likely to take up locals too
limited downside despite the media hype/goss

--------------------

cooderman
post Posted: Oct 29 2018, 10:38 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 29 2018, 08:37 AM

Hey EB, some nice charts Joules posts. Looking at the 200 on 5 minute chart there's a battle to stay above that 5700.
569s to 5712.

Just had a quick look at the EHE chart. Hasn't recovered from that big gap down. Will have to have a look at it. You had
a pretty good record picking oversold over the years. You got it right about "yo--yo market".

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  joules mm1  

early birds
post Posted: Oct 29 2018, 08:37 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Oct 28 2018, 12:39 PM

morning cooderman, yeah, joules is focusing on index, he/she really did a good job this far. i for one really appreciated the input as i'm trade on index more often . tongue.gif

not many stocks on my radar atm only looked at aged care sector. bought few EHE on it's way down think these sector will back up somewhat after royal commission saga faded a little bit
i reckon ageing problem will be with us whether you like it or not and Govts. around world don't have the money to tackle this issue alone, they have to get private money to help them. so don't think they will go really hard on this things. imho
also market seems in correction mode so try buy few things is defensive and keep bit more cash in hand is what my strategy for current "yo--yo market".

asx200 level for next few session-------5700 will be the bull/bear key battle line imho.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: cooderman  joules mm1  

cooderman
post Posted: Oct 28 2018, 12:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 26 2018, 04:40 PM

EB, Joules seems more focused on Indices than me. I pretty well leave them alone now, with only occasional trades on ASX200.
Mainly trading currency pairs and xauusd. Narrowed it down to about 10 Pairs, and that suits me better than trying to trade
every exotic pair going.

Throw in a few Share trades and that keeps me busy.

200 showing divergence on 4 Hourly, but it's a long way off confirming a Long. A bit of sideways and even a test of last weeks
low might be needed before fighting the current trend.
Attached Image

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  joules mm1  

joules mm1
post Posted: Oct 27 2018, 08:44 AM
  Quote Post

observations
below are some ideas that suggest more downside is limited, time for at least a covering/bargain bounce

$sml $spx $spxadp $nyad #200sma #200ema #rsi
$xjo daily weekly, did we get a trigger buy in the SPA friday on the 200weekly m/a ?
Attached Image

is there a clear positive divergence in the adv/decliners for NY stocks ?
Attached Image
Attached Image

daily divergence in high beta $sml 9rsi daily view + the weekly view shows ema + sma at 100 week
did that trigger a buy ?

Attached Image

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

joules mm1
post Posted: Oct 26 2018, 04:49 PM
  Quote Post

look-in at trade set-up ..seeing pressure in price action

honkers set up to rotate
small constructive bid...bids hold up/soak up supply ....slow sideways build ....tic tok

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

1572 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING