Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

169 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

TAS, TASMAN RESOURCES LTD
mistagear
post Posted: Jul 27 2015, 11:01 PM
  Quote Post

Nobody joined the dots yet ?

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

nipper
post Posted: Sep 13 2012, 08:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: neilo3's post @ Oct 12 2011, 01:05 PM

I look forward to the day it is unconditional and they start the drill rigs....
...RIO coming to play is a big plus

happening NOW

Previous work by Tasman confirmed the presence of Olympic Dam-style rocks and mineralisation, right down to the same sort of copper, uranium and gold mineralisation. Holes in that earlier program were drilled in the northern part of the 12sq km gravity Vulcan anomaly. Results were interesting enough, and obviously encouraging enough to attract the likes of Rio.

But what everyone has been waiting for is results from drill holes in the southern portion of the anomaly, where it is seen to be more dense. The area would have been drilled previously but was held up pending clearance by traditional owners, which is now in the bag. The wait for initial results from the southern zone is nearly over, with the first of the southern holes now twisting its way to depths of 1-1.4km. For a company of Tasman's size, it is as close as it can get to a company-making event from a single hole. Should any of the holes in the program snag something that points to the same sort of big-time potential that was found all those years ago down the road at Olympic Dam, it will be off to the races for Tasman. Unusually, Tasman has carriage of the initial work in the southern area as operator. That is an acknowledgment by the mighty Rio of its expertise in things Olympic Dam-ish thanks to one Rob Smith. He is Tasman's senior geoscientist and worked for 22 years with Olympic Dam's previous owner, WMC Resources, in exploration, operational and managerial roles across Australia. He was also part of the team behind the discovery and development of Olympic Dam, where he was chief geologist for six years.

While Rio is comfortable about Tasman overseeing the initial program at Vulcan (south), its joint venture deal with the junior does envisage Rio becoming operator should exploration success warrant its continued involvement after the initial drilling program. Rio has already paid Tasman $10m to get on with the work.

up 20% yesterday

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

neilo3
post Posted: Oct 12 2011, 01:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Commander C's post @ Oct 12 2011, 12:57 PM

I look forward to the day it is unconditional and they start the drill rigs....

RIO coming to play is a big plus...

Commander C
post Posted: Oct 12 2011, 12:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: neilo3's post @ Sep 9 2011, 02:13 PM

looks like it was worth it!

neilo3
post Posted: Sep 9 2011, 02:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Commander C's post @ Mar 2 2011, 11:34 AM

Gday Commander

TAS have been given heritage approval to drill the south of the Vulcan
Taken a while......here's hoping it was worth the wait

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Commander C  

Commander C
post Posted: Mar 2 2011, 11:34 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Brendan's post @ Apr 21 2010, 11:06 AM

Like ARE/SRQ & Torrens --- have to wait for heritage approval to drill in the most prospective southern section of Vulcan.
What have they been doing last 5 years?

For now, they are drilling to the north-east of VUD-7...

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

Commander C
post Posted: Jan 5 2011, 06:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Commander C's post @ Apr 21 2010, 11:08 AM

still waiting --- anyone else holding and watching?

Commander C
post Posted: Apr 21 2010, 11:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Brendan's post @ Apr 21 2010, 11:06 AM

I am waiting for the share price to get back down under 10c, so I can get back in (sold too early sad.gif )

Brendan
post Posted: Apr 21 2010, 11:06 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: LUCKY STRIKE's post @ Dec 4 2009, 08:56 PM

Anyone still watching ??? The quarterly report wasnt that bad in my opinion.

LUCKY STRIKE
post Posted: Dec 4 2009, 08:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Trading4Success's post @ Oct 22 2009, 11:54 AM

The release from tasman about the vulcan drill core resuls was not received very well by the market. It is interesting to note that floric acid with massive deformation in the rock is the key to success.As without floric acid there will be little or no minerisation, this form and tye of rock is exactly what is present at olympic dam,IN POCKETS ONLY,and has not been found with any real success in b.h.p.b. exploration sites around olympic dam, as this type of rock is targeted.(b.h.p. had 70% of all the drill rigs in Australia in 2007 to help identify and establish its known reserve). This known reserve is currently some 1.5 times 3.5 km and will take 50 plus years to extract.It is without doubt that the vulcan ore body has high grade pockets, as so does olympic dam. This high grade is mined along with mid to low grade to extract the maxium profitable life of a mining operation. Giving this carefull consideration and the size of the vulcan target zone could represent a mine 3 times the size of olympic dams current known reserve of ore. Even if the vulcan has small pockets of high grade still represents a large mining operation.The inferred percentages of the total minerals does not have to be high per ton as the volume will speak for its self. Point of intrest is that olympic dam total known reserve output is .88 cu, .28 u308, .31 au and 1.5 ag per ton with a total of 473mt.It will be interesting to view the results from the vulcan core sample to compare these known quanities from olympic dam.All these factors put together will enable an individual to make a conclusion on there own behalf about the possabilities. Having said this i have shares and will be holding them as this has more promise for success than sandfires tennaments in W.A., AND HAVE A LOOK AT THOES SHARES OVER THE LAST 6 TO 9 MONTHS, WHAT 9C TO 4.00 DOLLARS, IF ONLY HAD 1 DOLLAR INVESTED WOULD STILL BE HAPPY.

HOPE EVERY SUCCESS FOR ALL.
Know when to hold them,know when to walk away

Said 'Thanks' for this post: avda  

169 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING