Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4920 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
seeva222
post Posted: Jan 30 2020, 08:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: KRD's post @ Jan 30 2020, 12:29 PM

The cash receipts haven’t moved the needle the last few go rounds. They’re so tiny compared to the market cap

Said 'Thanks' for this post: LevelHeaded2000  

LevelHeaded2000
post Posted: Jan 30 2020, 05:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: paul jackson's post @ Jan 30 2020, 03:45 AM

Similar to Johnny H I tried the unregulated M1 in 2005. Developing a fear of the sun so great during that time period that I wore SPF 50 and never left the house between 9AM and 4PM. I mainly took it because I doubted it would work and I needed the hope that there would one day be a cure. Something that would allow me to go into the light without fear. I took it for one month and I don't believe the sun ever really touched my skin during that time my fear was great similar to the EPP patients.

It turned my facial hair black and darkened some freckles, but I didn't think it had much effect on my skin. Keep in mind, my skin never touched the sun. It wasn't until my mom came to visit after not seeing me for months. She was completely unaware of M1 and the first thing she said to me was "Have you been tanning? I have never seen you with color before". That is when I knew it really worked and I stopped taking it that day. It is hard to believe it is 15 years later and the real product is still not available. A travesty. Luckily, my temporary phobia of the sun disappeared since then, but I still do not feel completely free under the sun.

The company I did not invest in for many years later as I viewed it as overpriced and too speculative. It was not until December of 2013 a full 8 years later that Clinuvel finally became a good buy and met my risk reward thresholds. I bought my first shares around $0.90. I continued to buy up the shares almost single-handledly driving the US market at the time because the liquidity was so low. When all was said and done, after multiple groups of buys, my average price was around $1.50.

As has already been stated on the board, just like Clinuvel suddenly became a good buy in December 2013 it has become a sell for me over the last months. Today, I only retain around 5000 of those original shares I bought. A mere fraction. While Clinuvel failed to generate the dream I had in 2005 of a mass-available tanning drug and my life was never revolutionized in that way I am consoled to some extent that Clinuvel at least provided me with 7 figures profits and added handsomely to my portfolio. Honestly though, I think I would have traded those gains for a product that could have given me a tan 10 years ago. The tan would have been worth far more than the money.

What gives me hope today is that Clinuvel no longer has a monopoly on sun tanning. Tanabe's upcoming drug will hopefully inspire the lazy, unfocused, meandering pace Clinuvel's management operates at to a faster pace as they could lose the entire market if they don't operate better. And, if Clinuvel fails to execute, then there is a real chance that Tanabe will take the market and Clinuvel will be sacrificed along the way. A just-reward for their continued incompetence and lack of execution, IMO. As I said, I only retain 5000 shares of Clinuvel, so I am not much invested in either outcome as an investor. However, as a patient, I just pray every day that one of them succeeds -- I don't care which one at this point. I am more confident today that my tanning dream will be realized now that I have both these companies fighting for my dollars. Both as a patient and investor.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: CUV88  

Dr Wally
post Posted: Jan 30 2020, 05:32 PM
  Quote Post

As I SLOP on more suspect (cancer council approved) suncream and SLIP on my XXL (cancer council) sombrero and SLIDE into my one piece, anti sunlight, ear to ankles UV proof (cancer council) sunsuit, detachable gloves and booty segments optional, I remember I need to call my dermatologist to book in to have multiple BCC and SCCs (skincancer) seen to (again) and I might just get this weirdly shaped and itchy sunscreen riddled mole on my left testicle looked at as well.

Ah WTH I’ll call him tomorrow, this shady spot I scored on Bondi Beach backed up against the lifeguard tower is all time and I’ve got some serious sunlight avoiding to do. Woo hoo! look out ladies!

I SEEK the shadiest position beneath my behemoth (cancer council) beach umbrella and reach down for my phone thats been screaming at me since 2mins after getting here via the (cancer council) android App telling me that I’ve exceeded my daily dose of cancer causing sunshine.

WTF, already! I slap the thing down into my (cancer council UV rated) super XL beach bag with UV sensitive (alert) beads incorporated into its design and get to chillin.

Laying back as uncomfortable as I think I could possibly be (anywhere) covered in all this bullsh1t, on my (cancer council) UV rated beach chair, I think about what my life has come to but then thoughts about my Clinuvel investment come flooding through and I ponder WTF is up with PW, Clinuvel and its strange enigmatic skin tanning drug, down again on the ASX. Can those MFers do anything right!

I knew I should have invested in that new mercury laced caffeine and coconut butter sunblock/fake tanning pill (cancer council approved already I hear) from MitsaJohnson instead!

Their Phase 2 data should be published any day now. Those guys really no how to get sh1t done.

--------------------
“” The discovery of the endogenous melanocortin agonists in the 1950s have resulted in sixty years of melanocortin ligand research.””

The never ending quest to have Afamelanotide (peptide) (SEMI) accepted for its potent ability to stimulate a natural photoprotective,cancer preventative, therapeutic “tan” was (SEMI) accomplished in 2019.

Regulator ignorance, bias, and stubborn resistance to Scenesse are the primary reasons behind this glacial journey. The evidence should be clear to all by now.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: G dawg Delaney  

Verharven
post Posted: Jan 30 2020, 03:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Billy Boots's post @ Jan 30 2020, 03:01 PM

Billy, if you're a holder of the stock unless you've got some next-level CGT issues to balance out, you sell it, you don't pay price premiums to borrow the stock from a broker to short it

Billy Boots
post Posted: Jan 30 2020, 03:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: polyphemus's post @ Jan 30 2020, 02:48 PM

I reckon the shorters already know. I think we are all stuffed, because SOMEONE knows what is really going on with this stock and that holder is one who owns most of our stock? and can afford to daily short.

polyphemus
post Posted: Jan 30 2020, 02:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Verharven's post @ Jan 30 2020, 12:51 PM

CUV does not issue profit guidance. We find out tomorrow the real state of Q2 2019/2020

The shorts are basing on a purely quant reason. The real question is whether the company is growing revenue....

WE find out tomorrow. Huge attack today. My guess is shorts have failed when I am looking to buy.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  johnnytech  G dawg Delaney  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

Verharven
post Posted: Jan 30 2020, 12:51 PM
  Quote Post

Shorts up to 7.99% and now at position 22 of the most shorted stocks. A salutary tale for NEA whose short activity (12.05% and position 7) has paralleled CUV since ASX200 inclusion and today issued a profit guidance downgade - SP down 25% - shorters popping champagne corks.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: polyphemus  johnnytech  

KRD
post Posted: Jan 30 2020, 12:29 PM
  Quote Post

A day before quarterly earnings are released and the sp is currently down over 3%. Concerns me that some already have info on a less than stellar quarter. Let’s hope not; this stock needs a kick in the pants to jump start it. Damm depressing that the sp is less than it was prior to the October FDA approval.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: johnnytech  

Dr Wally
post Posted: Jan 30 2020, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: paul jackson's post @ Jan 30 2020, 06:39 AM

Sorry Paul Jackson but I’m sure you’ve heard “There’s NO such thing as a safe tan”.

Simply, “Slip, slop, slap (new addition) seek and slide! “

Problem solved! graduated.gif

Their decades old rhetoric is not (yet) buckling even under the pressure of professional concern and scientific evidence about the wide ranging health benefits of moderate and essential (non burning) sunlight exposure AND the serious detrimental health impacts of low VitD levels and the toxic chemical ingredients in 95% of these “sunscreens” that are proven to bring on a long list of devastating diseases.

--------------------
“” The discovery of the endogenous melanocortin agonists in the 1950s have resulted in sixty years of melanocortin ligand research.””

The never ending quest to have Afamelanotide (peptide) (SEMI) accepted for its potent ability to stimulate a natural photoprotective,cancer preventative, therapeutic “tan” was (SEMI) accomplished in 2019.

Regulator ignorance, bias, and stubborn resistance to Scenesse are the primary reasons behind this glacial journey. The evidence should be clear to all by now.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: paul jackson  G dawg Delaney  

paul jackson
post Posted: Jan 30 2020, 06:39 AM
  Quote Post

And the great irony is that one of melanotan's inventors, Victor Hruby (U of Arizona), had the original intent to have the drug available for the masses to help reduce skin cancer incidence.

All these decades later...what a waste. The drug is safe...let's get on with it!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: G dawg Delaney  

4920 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING