Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4874 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
macgyver
post Posted: Dec 6 2019, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

40k performance rights have lapsed and forfeited. Yay! A small win for the shareholders..

macgyver
post Posted: Dec 6 2019, 10:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Johnny H's post @ Dec 6 2019, 09:54 AM

In what circumstances does this occur? At the request of the applicant? Strange.

Johnny H
post Posted: Dec 6 2019, 09:54 AM
  Quote Post

It appears that the entire action package for Scenesse has been deleted from the Drugs@FDA website. As this is highly unusual, I've reached out to the FDA to find out why, and will report back.

In the meantime, I have copies of each of the documents if anyone is interested.

--------------------
Clinuvel until my bowels release for the last time.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: macgyver  royco  

seeva222
post Posted: Dec 6 2019, 09:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: PortugueseMan's post @ Dec 6 2019, 08:43 AM

Anti-aging. That sounds like a pretty good market to me. :-)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: PortugueseMan  

nipper
post Posted: Dec 6 2019, 08:54 AM
  Quote Post

Here’s why the Clinuvel share price is flying today

https://www.fool.com.au/2019/12/05/heres-wh...s-flying-today/

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: oystercatcher  gazbodine  

PortugueseMan
post Posted: Dec 6 2019, 08:43 AM
  Quote Post

Discovery of a Highly Selective MC1R Agonists Pentapeptide to Be Used as a Skin Pigmentation Enhancer and with Potential Anti-Aging Properties

(published yesterday in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences)

"The alpha-MSH analog NDP-alpha-MSH [Nle4, D-Phe7], also known as Melanotan-1 or afamelanotide (MT-I), is a synthetic peptide that induces skin pigmentation [48] and has been approved in Europe for treating erythropoietic protoporphyria (EPP), a skin disease involving phototoxicity which can be ameliorated by inducing skin pigmentation. MT-1 is a universal MCR agonist which can lead to unexpected side effects such as headache and nausea."

"To confirm our binding and activation results on the MC1-receptor in melanocytes, we subjected alpha-MSH-responsive mouse melanoma cells for 72 h to various concentrations of MC1R-agonist peptides (Figure 1). Peptides 1, 2, 3, and 4 reached maximal activity comparable to 100 nM NDPalpha-MSH at around 12.3 nM. Peptides 6, 8, and 7 showed significantly less activity and reached maximal activity comparable to NDP-alpha-MSH only beyond 111 nM."

"We were intrigued by the somewhat reverse dose-dependent activity of peptide 4 and tested it at lower concentrations. This revealed an optimal activity for pigmentation enhancement at 30 μM (Figure 3a). The increase in pigmentation was confirmed using Fontana-Masson staining of human abdominal skin sections treated with peptide 4, where a strong black signal indicative of melanocytes making increased amounts of melanin could be seen at the basal membrane."

"As peptide 4 was able to induce pigmentation in human skin ex vivo, we were interested if it was able to induce the expression of key melanogenesis markers melanocyte-inducing transcription factor (MITF), tyrosinase (TYR), and tyrosinase-related protein-1 (TYRP-1). By immunohistochemistry using antibodies against the three proteins, we could show that indeed peptide 4 was able to significantly induce protein expression of MITF with a maximum of +79% (p <0.05) (Figure 4a)."

"We provide evidence that the pentapeptide we selected displays specificity for the MC1R; while it only shows weak potency on MC3R and MC4R (Table 2) and no significant activation of MC2R and MC5R up to 100 μM. In contrast, alpha-MSH has been shown to have a high potency of 5 nM and below among other MCRs [53,54], besides MC1R for which it has the highest affinity."

"As one important aging mechanism is the generation of oxidative stress after UVA irradiation and Nrf2 is a main transcription factor mitigating UVA induced oxidative stress [29,30], this could indicate potential anti-aging effects for our peptide."

Said 'Thanks' for this post: LJS  xray  KRD  Dr Wally  PunkassDerm  odi01  Justinian  royco  Alaaf  endymion96  HoustonTX  Lisa0825  G dawg Delaney  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

xlnja
post Posted: Dec 6 2019, 08:17 AM
  Quote Post

Apparently some people weren't fooled by LH. No mention of LH's doomsday prophecies here...

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/why-clinu...-041041261.html

Said 'Thanks' for this post: PunkassDerm  Dr Wally  

Desert Rat
post Posted: Dec 6 2019, 05:40 AM
  Quote Post

Greetings to all. Since it's the season, I'd like to give thanks to all the loyal CUV posters who have informed so well and honestly this past year (in no particular order): seeva222, Johnny H, KRD, royco, MacGyver, xray, Dr Wally, CUV888, johnnytech, punkassDerm, endymion96, frogster, Verharven (and many others too numerous to list). We've really had a great year with FDA acceptance and I've gotten past PW's compensation "package". I just wish CUV could transition to more transparency and use some of the accumulated cash to immediately start to push Scenesse into clinical trials for new indications, esp vitiligo. And please, please, please, start distributing the drug in the US. But overall, best wishes to all with a wish for a super 2020.

seeva222
post Posted: Dec 6 2019, 02:06 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: KRD's post @ Dec 6 2019, 12:58 AM

And that’s virtually assured. If they can really prove out DNA repair in short order, then we’ll all be getting implants one day. It would be hard to find a company with this much runway and a cash engine like EPP.

Regardless of competition, the market is, potentially, enormous. Now the company has to transition from scrappy to aggressive, they could use some big company experience.
Some
Big

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  Kalaz  PunkassDerm  odi01  KRD  

Justinian
post Posted: Dec 6 2019, 02:01 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: royco's post @ Dec 5 2019, 11:26 PM

Which thing are you “reading into”? I glanced at the announcements and did I miss something?

Edit - never mind I get it now.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  schaumelk  

4874 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING