Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

74 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Silver, Discussion
mullokintyre
post Posted: Today, 08:55 AM
  Quote Post

Silver approaching USD19 again.
Should be a good day for anything that has silver attached to it.
Bet those manuka shares rocket when they list Nip, pity you missed them.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Jun 15 2020, 11:20 AM
  Quote Post

Got offered some of these, but missed the cut-off.
Street Talk understands Manuka Resources, a gold and silver producer, closed its $7 million IPO on Friday last week 12 days ahead of schedule and is all set to hit the local bourse in mid-July.

The $7 million raised implies a $50 million market capitalisation for the company, which has two gold and silver projects in New South Wales' Cobar Basin, north-east of Sydney.....

The fresh capital will be used to finance drilling at Manuka's two mines, the Mt Boppy gold project and Wonawinta silver project. Manuka kicked off production at Wonowinta in April and has a production target of 32,000 ounces of gold a year

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 1 2020, 09:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 30 2020, 09:37 AM

Up again on the early open.
Over 18 again, so should be a good day for ARD and SVL.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 30 2020, 09:37 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 18 2020, 10:15 AM

Silver up 50 cents overnight to 17.80.
Expect SVL, and hopefully ARD to have a run up Monday.
Time to offload at 14 again.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 18 2020, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 15 2020, 11:16 AM

And now nudging 17, at 16.89.
The paper traders may still yet crunch it back again, but heck, I am enjoying the ride.
Will be interesting to see the next COT report.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
  Quote Post

The paper traders may still yet crunch it back again, but heck, I am enjoying the ride.
Mick

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

mullokintyre
  Quote Post

Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 15 2020, 11:16 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 15 2020, 07:54 AM

Now nudging 16.
Good recovery from the initial disaster that was the Covid19 stock crash when it was below 11.
Have no idea as to how much higher it will go.
I plan to sell a bit every time the price in AUD rises by 10%.
M

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 15 2020, 07:54 AM
  Quote Post

Silver may be poised for a rise.

From Kitco

In terms of the speculative positioning in silver, there is still a lot of room for buying, Orchid Research noted.

“Speculators cut by the equivalent of 403 tons their net long position in COMEX silver in the week to May 5, according to the CFTC … The net spec length is at just 17% of open interest, markedly below its all-time high of 57% of open interest. This suggests a very light positioning, meaning there is plenty of room for additional speculative buying once sentiment shifts positively,” the post said.

Also, ETF demand for silver is projected to rise in Q2, which would have a positive impact on prices, Orchid Research added.

Silver warehouse stocks continue to be close to critical as more buyers of the silver coins emerge with a distinct lack of sellers.
As Industrial production starts to pick up, Silver consumption will increase.
A lot of the medical equipment being made have silver coatings as an anti bacterial.
You can even buy silver impregnated socks to stop your smelly feet! (see Nanao silver socks) )

Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 19 2020, 07:29 AM
  Quote Post

Silver still falling like everything else (except the USD).
Below USD12. though still holding above AUD20.
This despite the fact that there is a huge shortage of physical silver to be bought.
Physical silver is 4 to 8 bucks higher than the spot price (read paper derivative price).
In the US, you can pay for silver eagles at the 8 bucks premium, but you wont get them delivered for a few months yet as there is a lack of physical silver to meet the demand.
From Roco report
In the past week, the U.S. Mint sold another 792,500 Silver Eagles. What's interesting is that several precious metals dealers stated that the U.S. Mint had suspended sales last week. Well, it looks like they continued to sell more these past few days. It will be interesting to see if the U.S. Mint can ramp up production to 4-5 million a month as they were doing back in 2015-2016. But what happens if there are more lockdowns? There are a lot of unknowns moving forward.

Regardless, the U.S. Mint sold more Silver Eagles in March, that we have to go back to 2016 to find monthly sales 3-4 million.

So, here's what's really fascinating about the retail SILVER BULLION MARKET. The Buy-Sell spread on Silver Eagles in four various large online dealers averages about $9.00 a coin!!! This means, if you want to sell your Silver Eagles to one of these Dealers, you are going to get $9 less than what they are selling them currently.

Mick

--------------------

74 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING