Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

17 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Virtual currencies, Blockchain bitcoin
nipper
post Posted: Oct 6 2019, 07:50 PM
  Quote Post

The second coming of crypto will be huge, it's simple maths
by Jared Dillian

I like gold, but I like Bitcoin better - and I own both. The technology of blockchain is actually quite boring (a distributed, open ledger), and if you didn't take the time to learn about it, it would be easy to miss its significance. No government can ban Bitcoin or seize it. It is technologically impossible, without a piece of technology known as a quantum computer. It is the ideal way to move capital seamlessly and secretly around the globe at minimal cost.

I've found that people tend to be attracted to cryptocurrencies for different reasons. The true Bitcoin geeks are Utopians who envision a society unencumbered by centralised central banks with policy makers who tend to concentrate risk and mistakes. The finance guys, like myself, see a creeping authoritarianism in politics, which has the potential to translate into very illiberal economic policies. But there is more to it than that.

If you believe that Bitcoin has a future, then the math is simple. If you assume that only 0.5 per cent of the population has adopted Bitcoin, and that there are only 16 million to 17 million Bitcoins available, then as adoption inevitably increases the price of Bitcoin will rise significantly. But I also look at it in another way, which is that with every new technology, there is an initial bubble phase. Dot-com stocks in 1999, for example. The Internet held such promise, and investors were discounting that promise out into infinity and the bubble eventually burst.

But the promise of the Internet was real, and over 20 years that promise came to be realised, and a real bull market-not a bubble-developed. It seems like 99 per cent of the dot-com stocks disappeared, but a handful went to $1 trillion market caps. This pattern will be repeated with Bitcoin and blockchain. We've already had the initial bubble, replete with "CoinDaddy" and "Bitcoin Jesus."

Now we get down to the hard work of realising the potential of the technology, which could be as influential as the internet itself. I believe there will be another bull market, much larger than the first one where the potential is finally realised. Bitcoin is currently in a state of neglect. I don't think we'll have to wait 20 years for the second act

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  pacestick  

neilo3
post Posted: Aug 19 2019, 05:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 18 2019, 08:04 PM

His first instalment fell a bit flat

https://www.ccn.com/satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoi...veal-epic-fail/

nipper
post Posted: Aug 18 2019, 08:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: royco's post @ Aug 18 2019, 02:33 PM

Pretty high-powered article
MYSTERY 'SATOSHI NAKAMOTO' CLAIMS HE'S HODLING $10 BILLION IN BITCOIN

- keep hodling, that's all I can say

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

royco
post Posted: Aug 18 2019, 02:33 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.ccn.com/mystery-bitcoin-invento...eveal-identity/
Satoshi nakamoto aka ???

--------------------
Ἀρτεμίσιον

plastic
post Posted: Jun 25 2019, 08:51 PM
  Quote Post

Where will such a thing leave the petro dollar and the Federal Reserve?

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

nipper
post Posted: Jun 25 2019, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

Bitcoin has surged to a near 16-month high above $US11,000, overshadowing stock, foreign exchange and commodity markets and breathing new life into a sector that many had declared moribund.

Bitcoin reached $US11,280 at one point after powering through $US10,000 for the first time since March last year, propelled by a huge boost from Facebook’s unveiling of its own digital unit Libra, analysts said.

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

nipper
post Posted: Jun 17 2019, 02:14 PM
  Quote Post

Blockchain for the ASX ?
https://boards.sharecafe.com.au/index.php?s...t=0#entry897136

--------------------

royco
post Posted: Jun 5 2019, 12:19 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-is-still-at-an-...e-part-of-the-1
https://www.kitco.com/news/video/show/Kitco...-James-Altucher

--------------------
Ἀρτεμίσιον

royco
post Posted: May 14 2019, 04:41 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-pri...5?r=US&IR=T

--------------------
Ἀρτεμίσιον

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 17 2019, 08:25 PM
  Quote Post

And in another development in the block cain practical usage meme comes this news.

From coingeek

A new app has been launched for recording local weather and climate data on the Bitcoin SV (BSV) blockchain, in the latest example of an app developer using OP_RETURN transactions in a practical use case.

The app, WeatherSV, was put together by the team behind Australian IT services firm FNQComputers, which announced the launch of the app on Twitter. According to the team, the automated weather channels can be activated from 40,000 live stations and the climate data can be stored on the BSV chain forever.
The app provides a web interface for users to begin recording weather data on the blockchain, covering a comprehensive data set including temperature, humidity, wind speed and air pressure.

Notably, the tweet references notable Bitcoin developer Unwriter, nChain Global and Money Button for their contributions to the project. According to the WeatherSV website, the service relies on bitdb, datapay, Money Button, and Open Weather Map, as well as the BSV blockchain.

WeatherSV allows users to record weather data for their local area, written immutably to the BSV blockchain as a permanent data record. The data is indexed for easy retrieval, and can be searched as required.

With some 40,000 live weather stations covered in the network, the app offers potentially wide ranging access to local weather data. New channels can be created for A$5 (about $4), the A$1/month (about $0.71) to maintain the feed, which writes the data immutably to the blockchain as a permanent, searchable record.

So far, the site has already activated channels for Saint Johns, Antigua and Barbuda; Melbourne and Geelong West in Australia; Toronto and Vancouver in Canada; Seoul, South Korea; Panama; Mandalay, Myanmar; Frankfurt am Main, Germany; Oslo, Norway; Hangzhou, China; Rosario, Argentina; Santiago, Chile; Beersheba and Tel Aviv in Israel; and Algonquin, Carol Stream, Miami, Minneapolis, Newport Beach, Rogers, Prairieville, and Keene in the United States.

The app demonstrates the capabilities of developments on Bitcoin SV, which benefits from being the most effective environment for blockchain developers, both technologically and practically.

The WeatherSV site, which went live on Wednesday, is the latest app to be powered by the Bitcoin SV blockchain. It comes at a time of heightened development activity in and around the BSV ecosystem, with developers, merchants and consumers increasingly preferring BSV to alternative platforms.

With minimal processing fees, fast transaction times and superior technology to other blockchains, BSV remains the platform of choice for innovative app developers.

Interesting from two perspectives.
1. its an Australian firm ' from Cairns no less.
2. the data cannot be manipulated .

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

17 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING