Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5085 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
LevelHeaded2000
post Posted: Oct 24 2019, 08:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: IntiRaymi's post @ Oct 24 2019, 06:47 PM

Yes, I believe Clinuvel will show similar stock chart as Avita. The PW incentive package incentivizes PW to market the company, so that will be the deciding factors. Clinuvel is mostly held by 20 large shareholders. It needs to get a few more thousand retail holders and new institutions on board. That is when stock price goes up 5x.

Looking at the Avita annual report there are some interesting findings.
  1. Since July 2018 Avita has diluted shareholders to the tune of 564 million stock shares (that is over 10x than all clinuvel shares). At current prices that is worth about 400 million dollars. This does not even include the 111 million shares that are unissued shares due to stock options. Nor does it include the executives performance incentives. For all the negatives this board has against the Clinuvel management be thankful that Clinuvel is not diluting shareholders like this. The compensation package while ultimately dilutive it also is aligned with shareholders and there is no way PW will hit every target.
  2. Avita is still suffering from huge losses. I would have no doubts they will dilute shareholders more

I would say if Avita can achieve price increases of it's stock given the above, then Clinuvel which is in a much better financial position and also a growing market will have an easy time producing similar market gains. Clinuvel is in a stronger position than Avita, IMO.

The primary difference between Avita / Clinuvel is the way each management is trying to market the company. Avita is obviously trying to gain more investors (nasdaq listing, lots of PR, etc). This is probably due to the fact that it is a state of continual dilution so it needs new shareholders. Clinuvel does not have that problem. On the other hand, PW's incentive package will encourage him to market the company to more shareholders, so I have no doubt he will over the next year.
Clinuvel's position is even stronger than Avita's. "It will pay off in the end"

Said 'Thanks' for this post: LegendInMySpareTime  Alaaf  IntiRaymi  Farleap11  odi01  scipio79  Lisa0825  Texas T  xlnja  juxtaposer  endymion96  waz  Kalaz  

johnnytech
post Posted: Oct 24 2019, 08:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: IntiRaymi's post @ Oct 24 2019, 06:47 PM

Avita is one of the stocks that I used in my original prediction 1-2 weeks before approval, that it would be Feb 2020 before we saw a climb out of the inevitable retreat after approval.

What's different with Clinuvel is the 10 yr avg monthly change chart, and the extreme spike in Novembers for CUV. (Avita has no seasonality to their 10 yr avg). My revised prediction was the short attack may close out in November.

Either way, I think we'll see all time highs in November or Feb and it'll be sustained like Avita.

By the way, I use shortman to find seasonality charts.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: IntiRaymi  

Farleap11
post Posted: Oct 24 2019, 08:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Verharven's post @ Oct 24 2019, 06:31 PM

Apologies to all (particularly IntiRaymi) for misleading you on the closing price. As you correctly point out Verharven, in my haste I incorrectly typed A$34.40 instead of A$30.40. My calculation of monies outlaid was based upon the correct rate of A$30.40 x 200,000 to arrive at the A$6.08m.

No doubt like all other contributors on this board, I wish that it had closed at A$34.40. No doubt we will get back to that level and beyond in the coming months. In the meantime and in closing let me simply say, bring on the AGM.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: johnnytech  Alaaf  IntiRaymi  waz  

IntiRaymi
post Posted: Oct 24 2019, 06:47 PM
  Quote Post

Another question for the board. In the chart attached you can see marked roughly the time of AVITA’s FDA approval last year then the later almighty rise to current levels. Can anyone compare and contrast this against Clinuvel’s situation and potential performance and whether it could be a positive indication?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Said 'Thanks' for this post: odi01  waz  

Verharven
post Posted: Oct 24 2019, 06:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: IntiRaymi's post @ Oct 24 2019, 06:15 PM

I had to go into the course of sales to see it as very rare to see an aftermarket trade go through and not something I ever check on after the trading is done at 4:10 pm. Note the error in the price Farleap11 gave as should be $30.40. You can see the volume reflected in the quote CUV have on their site as the volume they always give is for the ASX and Chi-X combined so 470k shares for the day with 460k of that on the ASX. https://www.clinuvel.com/investors/share-prices

S3 XT is a Block Special Crossing which basically means it's a special sized (usually large) cross trade

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Said 'Thanks' for this post: odi01  gerritbakker57  IntiRaymi  Alaaf  Farleap11  waz  

bretto32
post Posted: Oct 24 2019, 06:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: IntiRaymi's post @ Oct 24 2019, 06:15 PM

Most of the time these after hour trades pop up we get shorted heavily the following day...

Featured Stock Stories

IntiRaymi
post Posted: Oct 24 2019, 06:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Farleap11's post @ Oct 24 2019, 04:52 PM

So this isn’t showing on any of the run-of-the-mill charts. None showing that intra-day high of AU$34.40 and not many showing the full 460,488 but ~260,500 instead. Will we see this registered and its effects tomorrow?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  

seeva222
post Posted: Oct 24 2019, 05:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Farleap11's post @ Oct 24 2019, 04:52 PM

Someone showed their cards

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  

Farleap11
post Posted: Oct 24 2019, 04:52 PM
  Quote Post

Interesting that the overall shares traded for the day was 460,488 kicked along in no small way by a single trade of 200,000 at A$34.40 fifty minutes after normal close time!! That equates to an outlay of A$6.08m!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: impacman  Verharven  macgyver  mrdax  royco  IntiRaymi  gerritbakker57  odi01  johnnytech  waz  

schlitzo
post Posted: Oct 24 2019, 04:25 PM
  Quote Post

I bought my first CUV shares (1,900) thru Nomura in Japan today, had to be done over the telephone, in Japanese for recording purposes. It's a weird place at times. The other '5,000,000' are in Australia!!! Time to switch off again for another couple of months to counter disappointment. More than likely we're heading to $28, but didn't want to take the risk. Happy with the price I bought in at so no need to keep tabs on the SP for a while. Hopefully, all the posts here will be upbeat again by Xmas.
As for voting, I will by making my choices, though I don't think it will make any difference, it hasn't in the past. So far management has obviously made all the right calls to get us where we are today. If it could have been accomplished quicker, I don't know. What I do know is that we're all sitting on something that is going to change our lives dramatically. For the sake of BB and a few more of us over 60, let's hope it's sooner rather than later. As JT posted, November can sometimes be a big month. GLTA!!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: odi01  royco  PortugueseMan  johnnytech  

5085 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING