Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 8 9 10 11   

Reply to this topic

RARE EARTHS
nipper
post Posted: Oct 28 2010, 11:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: NightStalker's post @ Oct 28 2010, 11:34 AM

cursory examination of ASX stocks (see below) involved in REEs exhibit similar selling tendencies over the last few days

ALK Alkane
ARU Arafura
AIW AusAmerican Mining
GGG Greenland
GXY Galaxy
KOR Korab
LYC Lynas
NAV Navigator
NTU NT Uranium
ORM Orion Metal

loose thinking sinks portfolios.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

NightStalker
post Posted: Oct 28 2010, 11:34 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Dave_vic_ozz's post @ Oct 28 2010, 10:35 AM

And guess who is the most likely to have been involved in the blatant insider sell down of ARU the two days leading into the announcement of the cap raising? No accusations being made, but suspicions are around ....

"Here you go, boys - sell your ARU shares now while they're at 1.70, and push 'em down to around 1.40-ish. Then you can replace all the ones you sold with newly created placement shares at 1.20 in a couple of days time. Oh yes - have a good early Christmas, boys. Oh yeah - and while we're at it, keep this quiet - it won't be announced for a couple of days yet".

--------------------
Regards, NightStalker

Algorithmic trading, and HFT are rendering Technical Analysis null and void.

Dave_vic_ozz
post Posted: Oct 28 2010, 10:35 AM
  Quote Post

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-10-2...er-futures.html

JPM HSBC sued over silver pricing.

claims a whistleblower contacted the CFTC last year and reported the banks’ conspiracy to suppress prices of silver futures to profit from “enormous” short positions in silver futures.

--------------------
My comments reflect the moment in which they were posted.
Everything can change, and usually does, without notice.

arty
post Posted: Oct 27 2010, 10:35 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ShareScene.com's post @ Oct 26 2010, 10:57 AM

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01113107

shows a good overview - slight slant towards ORM's Killi Killi project. Worth a read.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Oct 26 2010, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

Created by Request:
RARE EARTHS

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 8 9 10 11

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING