Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

275 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

NMS, NEPTUNE MARINE SERVICES LIMITED
mercury
post Posted: Dec 1 2012, 10:02 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wintermute's post @ Nov 30 2012, 01:11 PM

WEll the girl answering the phone, said they didn't expect to lose their jobs. So I would expect the men in charge will keep their jobs too, or given another, as they have been doing a relatively good job to date.
They may have to sell their shares....but will be 'given' the opportunity to get some in the new company, of that I feel assured.
but not us.

Merc

Said 'Thanks' for this post: grevillia  

wintermute
post Posted: Nov 30 2012, 01:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Nov 29 2012, 07:38 AM

I'd have thought that the driectors would have to disclose any such "deals" as it would be considered a conflict of interest. Perhaps a public question to the directors should be asked.

NMS directors, Do you stand to gain anything if Blossom takes over NMS? I would think under the requirements of continuous disclosure that you would need to inform us shareholders!

Tony.

--------------------
Any intelligence I may appear to have is purely artificial.

Information posted should be considered opinion only, and may have been arrived at through incorrect interpretations or assumptions... caveat emptor!!

veeone
post Posted: Nov 29 2012, 08:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Nov 29 2012, 07:38 AM

But the shareholders get screwed

Generally the way Mercury!!! V1

mercury
post Posted: Nov 29 2012, 07:38 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: OZGAZ's post @ Nov 28 2012, 09:18 PM

Some of the directors bought at higher than 3.2 cts. So they will lose....OR SO I THOUGHT...
but when I asked (by phone) if the directors would be keeping their jobs....no answer....except business
as usual.
My guess is that they keep their jobs in some way, shape, or form. That they may have been promised shares in
MTQ to make up for losses and to give their OK....or some other incentive.
But the shareholders get screwed.
I would really like to know what the Pratt Trust thinks about all this.

If anybody has a way of finding out this info...and could share it...that would be nice.

Merc

OZGAZ
post Posted: Nov 28 2012, 09:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wintermute's post @ Nov 27 2012, 09:03 PM

My point exactly Wintermute - MTQ (via Blossomvale) wouldn't be putting in an offer if they didn't think that NMS was going to add some decent value as an add on to their company, and I'm sure they have a figure in mind that they are prepared to go too. What gets up my nose is that the directors/management folded like a pack of cards at the first piddling offer without even a hint of raising the bar, just even a little - pathetic. These are the people you trust to have the best interest of the shareholders as their foremost concern..pfffft..what a joke that has turned out to be ! and do they seriously think that if MTQ can stump up approx $60 million that they would be prepared to add another 10 - 15 % to that ...sorry, another rant over...cheers for your insight though

Cheers

Ozgaz

--------------------
Smile while TRADING it's only money... :)

wintermute
post Posted: Nov 27 2012, 09:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: OZGAZ's post @ Nov 27 2012, 07:15 PM

Nothings a sure about it going at 3.2c IMO smile.gif I've got nothing to loose (well only $384 wink.gif ) so why would I sell?

Worst case scenario is they don't get to 90% spiral into oblivion and I lose the lot... I've already done that, $384 isn't going to make or break me.

The directors recommending that shareholders accept the offer just might shake out any other interested parties (assuming of course that there were any).

Blossom wouldn't be offering 3.2c if they didn't think that the company had a future, and that they were going to do significantly better than that.

If you don't have much (left) to lose then I see no reason to accept defeat. Just my stubborn nature.

Anyone remember the CSM takeover? bit different but the directors recommended to accept that one to, but the shareholders banded together and didn't. The final price that we got was significantly higher than the initial offer (I can't remember by how much, but it was worth holding out!).

I've not been active at all, checking my stocks maybe once a week if I am lucky (and seeing more of the same). But takeovers prick up my interest hence my posting today after seeing an email notification of updates to this thread.

Tony.

--------------------
Any intelligence I may appear to have is purely artificial.

Information posted should be considered opinion only, and may have been arrived at through incorrect interpretations or assumptions... caveat emptor!!

OZGAZ
post Posted: Nov 27 2012, 07:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Nov 27 2012, 05:28 PM

Utterly disappointing Mercury - management and the directors have folded with a wimper at the first offer without even making MTQ work for it...!!! they dragged out the usual quips about how it's a premium on the last traded price. What they forget is all those shareholders who forked out their precious dollars on a heavily discounted SPP - 5 c/share to save the company from going under 20 + months back. It was 20 c before going into that trading halt !!! It's an insult, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm sure I'm not alone here, after being convinced in roadshows, that NMS would fight it's way back. Us mere shareholders believed and supported the company and for that we are offered a measily 3.2 c a share. They are now a lean company with over $100 million in work completed and well on the way to profitability.....I'm never falling for this bulls$@t again ....rant over

Cheers

Ozgaz grrr.gif

BTW - I sent off an e-mail venting my frustration. It was allegedly passed onto management and the directors ???

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: veeone  

mercury
post Posted: Nov 27 2012, 05:28 PM
  Quote Post

Looks like/reads like NMS is a sure takeover, when the independent directors suggest selling to Blossomvale. Goodbye NMS.
the director Wallace bought 2 million shares above the takeover price, but no doubt will be compensated in some way. ...even though ann. says that will not be so. And even if not, his loss is only 6 thousand dollars and he made up for it with high pay and maybe some of those incentive shares they are issuing will be for him too.

thoughts????
Merc

mercury
post Posted: Nov 14 2012, 06:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: OZGAZ's post @ Nov 2 2012, 09:12 AM

Pratt Family have had a big interest in this company for some time. They were also big buyers when they raised capital at 4.5 cts. But I have a feeling they had wind of what was up....and were buying before the takeover offer....so they could recoup some of their losses.
But it is only a guess. If they hand over their shares to Blossom....then it is game over....and the price won't go up, without Pratt having said that should the price go up they also get the increase. Should be interesting to see what happens. Would love to be at the AGM.
Merc

OZGAZ
post Posted: Nov 14 2012, 01:36 PM
  Quote Post

Just received an acceptance form from Blossomvale Investments regarding their takeover offer of NMS...is that it then , or are they attempting to lure shareholders to handover whatever they own ??? the last word from NMS was to take no action...for me that's two takeovers in less than six months and I haven't really come out on top.....

Cheers

Ozgaz

--------------------

275 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING