Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

324 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 320 321 322 323 324 >   

Reply to this topic

OIL, OPTISCAN IMAGING LIMITED
dory
post Posted: Apr 19 2004, 03:56 PM
  Quote Post

good buying support today .i expect nothing but good news this year??
watch the turkey"s chase the stock back up when the fear of missing out hits home.
some good buy orders starting to come on??????
cheers

AgentCooper
post Posted: Apr 19 2004, 11:54 AM
  Quote Post

There go the dumb day traders again....selling the stock at a loss down to 46.5c this morning.

They just don't understand this stock...I don't mean its fundamentals, I mean that it is very tightly held and therfore the "true believers" are already set and don't trade it.

That leaves day traders to buy & sell the stock to each other, hence the fluctuations everytime there is an announcement.

Of the 80m shares on issue, JPMorgan Chase own 7.77m, Circadian own 6m odd and 2 Directors own a further 12.3m. Overall the Top 5 shareholders control close to 40% of the issued stock (my figures are a bit out of date but have adjusted for the stake sold by Axon).

One day, a daytrader will get lucky and the stock will keep heading north for them.....

in the interim...patience required for those in it for the long term.

Coop

Krumbs
post Posted: Apr 17 2004, 11:56 AM
  Quote Post

A wry smile indeed Coop.

I've been in for about 3 years, dipping my toe at about 115 from memory, but haven't bought anything under 60 (not sold either), so I'm still under water. Average somewhere in the low 70's......... potential is easy to see which is why I held on, but the faith wasn't strong enough to go doubling up in the 30's and 40's :-(.

Nice announcement - looks like OIL's coming together now.

K

AgentCooper
post Posted: Apr 16 2004, 06:08 PM
  Quote Post

Share price action today was excellent although I must admit to having a wry smile. I first bought OIL years ago on the float because they knew then that the technology could provide this sort of analysis and make biopsies redundant.

These published trial results merely re-affirm the potential of the product which is already know to OIL investors.

On that basis, today's action illustrates how fickle markets can be.

However...from a marketing perspective because the results are in, the company would have been crazy NOT to flaunt the fact. OIL has been undervalued for awhile but with the market-savy management now running the show (whilst allowing Petyer Delaney to focus on the development) the stock is starting to show new life.

Let's hope it consolidates above 50c now.....I still need a little bit more out of it yet although I happily "tripled-up" over the last 12 months at sub-40c level.

I didn't like the level of day-trader action I saw in the stock today...too much COMMSEC buying suggests to me that the price could come off again, unless the papers and broader media get a hold of this story.

OIL is very tightly held and these bouts of buying activity by day-traders often end in tears for some when they are forced to sell "at market". Insiders have been set for a long, long time on this stock and don't budge...thus the stock remains underpriced and hostage to day-trade volatility.

Hopefully this time the traders will "get lucky" and the stock can sustain a rise into the 60s and 70s. And from ther......"infinity & beyond" :-)

Coop
Disclaimer: Substantial shareholder (by my standards that is).

AgentCooper
post Posted: Apr 16 2004, 06:07 PM
  Quote Post

Share price action today was excellent although I must admit to having a wry smile. I first bought OIL years ago on the float because they knew then that the technology could provide this sort of analysis and make biopsies redundant.

These published trial results merely re-affirm the potential of the product which is already know to OIL investors.

On that basis, today's action illustrates how fickle markets can be.

However...from a marketing perspective because the results are in, the company would have been crazy NOT to flaunt the fact. OIL has been undervalued for awhile but with the market-savy management now running the show (whilst allowing Petyer Delaney to focus on the development) the stock is starting to show new life.

Let's hope it consolidates above 50c now.....I still need a little bit more out of it yet although I happily "tripled-up" over the last 12 months at sub-40c level.

I didn't like the level of day-trader action I saw in the stock today...too much COMMSEC buying suggests to me that the price could come off again, unless the papers and broader media get a hold of this story.

OIL is very tightly held and these bouts of buying activity by day-traders often end in tears for some when they are forced to sell "at market". Insiders have been set for a long, long time on this stock and don't budge...thus the stock remains underpriced and hostage to day-trade volatility.

Hopefully this time the traders will "get lucky" and the stock can sustain a rise into the 60s and 70s. And from ther......"infinity & beyond" :-)

Coop
Disclaimer: Substantial shareholder (by my standards that is).

Mr Sism
post Posted: Apr 16 2004, 03:35 PM
  Quote Post

Looking like a strong finish for the day, who knows what nwext week will bring once the candlestick people jump on!!?

Will be enjoying the weekend cool.gif

Featured Stock Stories

Mr Sism
post Posted: Apr 16 2004, 03:18 PM
  Quote Post

Yep, on the money Moosey biggrin.gif

I'm in on this one......

Should be a good ride from here.

Liver biopsies will be made redundant..... near enough to 100% detection,
$ No waiting for results to return from lab .... waiting increases anxiety
$ No chance of sample mix - ups.....I can tell you this does occur (I work in a hospital lab, you'd be surprised!!)
$ Less invasive ....... who wants a piece of their colon snipped just to do a test?? OUCH!!
$ Cheaper to perform ....... once you have the instrument ....... hell, the hospital can use that section of the lab for something else ....

They are gonna love it I'm sure!

Drewe

moosey
post Posted: Apr 16 2004, 01:42 PM
  Quote Post

Excellent announcement by optiscsan on their tech in diagnosing cancer see asx announcement
Cheers Moosey

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

dory
post Posted: Mar 26 2004, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY dory, Fri 26/03/04 12:37pm

someone likes the ann check mrk depth

dory
post Posted: Mar 26 2004, 12:37 PM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY AgentCooper, Thu 11/03/04 03:27pm

who is the partner ? come on april,
check ann

324 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 320 321 322 323 324 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING