Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

525 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CRICKET
triage
post Posted: Sep 12 2021, 10:54 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 10 2021, 07:57 PM

Also I read somewhere their wildly successful domestic 20 20 competition was to kick off before the 5th test was scheduled to finish. Probably small consolation to the Indian test players but now the test match is cancelled they can start getting paid the huge bucks from playing in that competition a week earlier.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

nipper
post Posted: Sep 10 2021, 07:57 PM
  Quote Post

The Old Trafford Test is cancelled after India confirms it will not be able to field a team due to fears of a growing number of positive cases inside the touring party.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-10/covi...elled/100453610

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Pendragon
post Posted: Aug 10 2021, 06:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Aug 10 2021, 10:59 AM

Langer has been a disaster. Sadly he is not the only one.
Under his leadership our cricketers have become politically correct and forgotten how to play cricket.
More important to take a knee and embrace BLM than play cricket.
Bunch of girly men.
I am looking forward to a lot of resignations from the cricket board down and a completer clean out of the team.
I can not remember being so angry and ashamed of an Australian cricket team.

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 10 2021, 10:59 AM
  Quote Post

And to round out the series, chasing a mammoth 122, we managed a fighting 62. Fair dinkum!!!!!
I’d love to hear Langer’s tour report. I imagine it won’t be, “ We failed miserably and I take responsibility and resign.”

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 8 2021, 03:08 PM
  Quote Post

Ah-ah ! All is well, we have managed a win. Chasing an imposing 104, we lurched to 6/65, before Agar helped out.

when the chase subsided to 65 for 6 - with 30 of those runs having come when Dan Christian took Shakib Al Hasan for five sixes in an over

This is getting pretty embarrassing, and not a word from our illustrious cricket board, the selectors, or the coach. Apparently all is going to plan.

Cheers
J

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 7 2021, 02:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Aug 7 2021, 08:22 AM

Australia have lost all five T20I series they've played in the last 12 months - against England, India, New Zealand, West Indies and now Bangladesh. They have won only five of the 19 matches they've played in those series

And yet, there aren't any questions being asked ???

How about Langer being grilled as to why the Aussies are not performing. Perhaps he just hasn't got a clue, just like he was so surprised to learn that a few in the national squad didn't like him or his methods.

Cheers
J

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 7 2021, 08:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Aug 5 2021, 07:19 AM

Australia loses three in a row to Bangladesh. But Mitch Marsh scored runs yet again, so all is well apparently.

Cheers
J

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 5 2021, 07:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Aug 4 2021, 09:36 AM

Now Bangladesh 2, Aussies 0. But Mitch Marsh has been getting runs, so Langer will be happy.

Cheers
J

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 4 2021, 09:36 AM
  Quote Post

I note that Bangladesh is now beating the Aussies. Will Langer finally be shown the door when the Aussies are ranked at the bottom of every type of cricket competition ?

Cheers
J

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Jul 13 2021, 07:26 PM
  Quote Post

Third straight loss ……… but don’t despair, the assistant coach reckons that things are “evolving”.
Dissolving would be more accurate. And where’s Langer ?

Cheers
J

--------------------

525 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING