Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

853 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > »    

Reply to this topic

Gold, Discussion
nipper
post Posted: Jan 9 2020, 05:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kiril's post @ Jan 9 2020, 05:11 PM

S&P/ASX All Ords Gold [XGD]

you could consider GDX. Management fee 0.53%pa, pays a distribution (but pretty skinny; about 1% yield). 30 gold miners in US, Canada, Aust and SAfrica VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX)

https://www.vaneck.com.au/funds/gdx/snapshot/

(and, interesting, a few months ago, had $100mill under management, now $197mill (must be some interest)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kiril  

joules mm1
post Posted: Jan 9 2020, 05:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kiril's post @ Jan 9 2020, 05:11 PM

https://www.vaneck.com.au/funds/GDX/snapshot/

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kiril  

kiril
post Posted: Jan 9 2020, 05:11 PM
  Quote Post

Hi guys.

I am looking to find either a high quality managed fund investing in gold producers/explores or an index fund for this, either listed or not.

i would expect a fund made up quality gold producers would have a dividend payment as well...but finding it hard to find any quality ways to get exposure.

There is XGD, but cant seem to find any reasonable income coming from this index.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

THanks

Kiril.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 9 2020, 08:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jan 7 2020, 12:27 PM

Gold and Silver down sharply overnight as the US experts see the tensions between Iran and the US easing.
Thats fine by me.
I will buy more and wait for the next international flashpoint to start the next round o increases.
After each surge of the PM's over the past years or so, the lows are still higher than the previous lows, so there is a gradual increase in PM prices.
Money to be made in trading.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 7 2020, 12:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 7 2020, 12:16 PM

Fruedian slip if ever there was one!
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jan 7 2020, 12:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jan 7 2020, 12:06 PM

goldies bar
... a nugget smile.gif

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  

Featured Stock Stories

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 7 2020, 12:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 7 2020, 09:12 AM

profit taking today. all of my goldies bar GML down today.
But its been a great ride .
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jan 7 2020, 09:12 AM
  Quote Post

US traders remain cautious about rising tensions between the U.S. and Iran.

Gold touched its highest price in nearly seven years Monday as investors sought safety amid worries that rising U.S.-Iran tensions could lead to war. Gold settled at $1,566.20 per ounce, up $17, and it's climbed more than $40 since before Soleimani's killing.

and the AUD weakened, so most goldies had a good few days.

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Dec 26 2019, 11:57 AM
  Quote Post

let's try that post again
if you want to delete my posts at least tell me the reason !
most the of the narration should be clear in this jpeg
Attached Image

chart courtesy timingcharts.com

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

joules mm1
post Posted: Dec 17 2019, 10:13 AM
  Quote Post

#COTreport #GVZ #volatility

there are two ways to interpret gold thru the lens of volatility
the volatility should rise sharply when have-to-be-in exchanges with get-me-out
the question is can we interpret the context correctly, not always, at least we can know how close we are to a fulcrum of exchangewhich is likely very close now
the current compression favours the bid and volatility as trend support is much lower relative to the oct 2016 low, overall, lower peaks and lower troughs, suggesting the need to own is less than the desire to distributeand while the drive to own has been consistant the need to distribute has not had to have the same urgency because the bids are there to support selling, the golden tenet of sel strength buy weakness has been applying very well
this implies the GVZ is worth the watch to see if/when gold can muster a new run up we should see a very sharp rise to higher highs relative to the Oct 2016 high if the resumption of multi decade run is to continue
along with the (Commercials positioning) COT report the volatility index should shed some light on direction, todate both suggest more downside than up
I think it pays to be nimble here rather than complacent while the volatility is so low, it's counterintuitive to me and surprises are only surprising cause we are lulled into not being ....surprised......
if nothing else, the GVZ is worth the watch to support or dispel and idea, while it's just another "pretty chart" it carries significant data within, while it's also subjective context it still prints intent

https://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui
Attached Image

"There's only one thing certain in life, Blondini, and that's doubt .. I think.". GoodBye PorkPie

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

853 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING