Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

VUL, VULCAN ENERGY RESOURCES LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jan 15 2021, 02:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 11 2021, 04:47 PM

back trading .... opened at $7.00 and still $6.60

Vulcan –Zero Carbon Lithium®

LITHIUM BUSINESS ... €2.8BnNPV¹ Pre-tax ... 31% IRR¹ Pre-tax .... 40Ktpy LiOH¹ .... €474M starting CAPEX² .... €2,640/t LiOH OPEX³
ENERGY BUSINESS ... €0.7BnNPV⁴ Pre-tax ... 16% IRR⁴ Pre-tax .... 74MW Power ..... €226M starting CAPEX² .... €0.066/KWh OPEX⁴¹

Lithium Business only, 8% DCR ²Phase 1 only, ³Excluding royalties, ⁴Energy Business only, 6% DCR

World-first Zero Carbon Lithium® Project
Dual revenue Green energy & lithium
In the heart of the fastest growing lithium market in the world
Largest JORC lithium Resource in Europe
Team of world leading experts
Agreement with German geothermal operators
Project financially supported by the EU

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jan 11 2021, 04:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 6 2021, 06:29 PM

Vulcan now in a Trading Halt, after running hard this morning up 23% (95cents) to $4.99.
trading halt is requested pending an announcement by Vulcan in relation to a pre-feasibility study for its Zero Carbon Lithium project.

was $2.80 at start of Jan and under $1.00 at end of October 2020

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jan 6 2021, 06:29 PM
  Quote Post

This ASX code now is for VUL, Vulcan Energy Resources Ltd
Vulcan Energy Resources (ASX:VUL), also listed on Frankfurt exchange, is seeking to supply zero carbon lithium hydroxide to Europe's booming battery and electric vehicle market, while generating net zero carbon emissions in the process. The company holds Europe's largest lithium resource and the fastest growing lithium project in the world at its Zero Carbon LithiumTM Project, yet it is valued by the market at a fraction of that of other projects.
Furthermore, the company is pioneering the first and only "Zero-Carbon LithiumTM" process in the world, the extraction and precipitation of battery quality lithium hydroxide from deep, hot brines via its production wells that will cogenerate renewable, baseload geothermal energy. Vulcan recently signed an agreement to access a lithium rich, producing geothermal brine operation at Insheim with a major German utility, Pfalzwerke, in the Upper Rhine Valley. At the operational geothermal plant and wells, hot, lithium rich brine is already pumped to the surface and renewable electricity produced.
Vulcan [recently] announced a Maiden Indicated Resource at Insheim, meaning that the largest lithium resource in Europe just got bigger. Fast track development of the project is underway. The larger Resource will be incorporated into a Scoping Study that is due in 2020 and upgrade the confidence categories, while first production of lithium hydroxide is targeted by 2023.

........... gone from 50c to $3.35 in the last 5 months.

cut and paste from somewhere

Vulcan's point of difference is that it's going for a much greener approach to getting lithium out of the ground, combining the processes of generating thermal energy and extracting lithium. It hopes this zero-carbon twist will chime with European governments and corporate customers and give it an extra leg-up.

At its site in Germany's Upper Rhine Valley, Vulcan will use a geothermal plant to extract hot, lithium rich brine from 2000 metres underground. The heat is extracted for turbine-generated electricity, and the lithium is extracted for processing. The refining into lithium hydroxide is powered by the plant's own geothermal supply, and surplus electricity will be sold into the German grid as an additional income stream. The expended brine is returned to the underground reservoir, rather than accumulating in evaporation ponds like the brine projects of Latin America.

This is why Germany's Alster Research put a buy recommendation on Vulcan in late September, with a $2.55 price target (the stock is one of many ASX companies that can be traded on the Frankfurt Exchange). It said the potential resource of 15.37 million tonnes of lithium carbonate equivalent was "an outstanding magnitude, which is likely to attract increasing attention among investors". Alster sees more promise in Vulcan's resource and its tech than at Standard Lithium, a comparable US brine operator fancied by investors, and reckons the zero-carbon element could mean Vulcan can sell its product at a premium.

But wait. Vulcan hasn't yet released its prefeasibility study, the essential first step to even demonstrate the concept is viable.

Beyond that, there's another longish stretch of road to the definitive feasibility study next year, and only then does the company get to the fundraising and the planning approvals.

European blue sky

While investors seem confident Vulcan can clear all these hurdles, some industry observers ask whether it will be completely straightforward. German planning law is tough, they say, even for a site that is at least initially a brownfields venture (bolting a lithium extraction process onto an existing geothermal plant).

Vulcan responds that its process is minimally environmentally intrusive, so it shouldn't raise community hackles; and chief executive Francis Wedin points to the experienced German players on the team, who have a track record at navigating these approval processes.
Then there is the question of whether the German car makers would rather sign offtake agreements (commitments to buy the product) with a company that is almost good to go, like some of Vulcan's rivals, over something a little less tangible.

--------------------

mme
post Posted: Jul 11 2006, 09:52 AM
  Quote Post

Well have to be happy with that. The two "U" stocks that I have the biggest holding in are about to possibly join forces with PDN!! Go SMM and EME/JRL!!! biggrin.gif

Halba
post Posted: Mar 26 2006, 08:47 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: monteleone on Saturday 25/03/06 08:13pm

i agree with the statement but it is uranium fever and govts can relax their policies....Market is betting on further drilling success by VUL and also the suspension of Energy Metals is another factor (VUL and EME have the best tenement in australia = NT)

monteleone
post Posted: Mar 25 2006, 08:13 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Halba on Saturday 25/03/06 05:29pm

Thanks, Halba. Could you or anyone else enlighten me on two points -firstly how good was the VUL strike reported on Friday and secondly (more importantly) if the QLD government opposes uranium mining are not the finds of little benefit? Surely one just cannot hope the government or future govts will change their policy?

Halba
post Posted: Mar 25 2006, 05:29 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: monteleone on Saturday 25/03/06 04:28pm

well they started in Dec, so no news for a while...

monteleone
post Posted: Mar 25 2006, 04:28 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Halba on Saturday 25/03/06 11:24am

Any idea when NT drilling results will be available?

Halba
post Posted: Mar 25 2006, 11:24 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ausgeo on Thursday 23/03/06 11:07am

not many shares available in the mkt means this can rise fast and quick

Only i await drilling in NT

Also EME has tie in with major uranium producer CAMECO, so this will influence VUL

ausgeo
post Posted: Mar 23 2006, 11:07 AM
  Quote Post

Uranium shortage boosts price
Lucas de Lange
Posted: Wed, 22 Mar 2006
[miningmx.com] -- URANIUM'S star is shining increasingly brighter as it becomes clear that nuclear power is being seen as the best answer to the world's energy crisis. Latest predictions are that the uranium price could reach a new record level of US$50/lb within the next six months.
The current price is about $39/lb, which should already be highly profitable when South Africa's listed uranium producers sxr Uranium One and Simmer & Jack get going.
Neal Froneman, CEO of sxr, says that the Dominion Reefs deposits that his group wants to mine should produce at a maximum cost of $18/lb. Simmers is in the beneficial position that the tailings dams of the old Buffelsfontein and Hartebeesfontein gold mines have significant quantities of uranium, which were dumped there because in years gone by it wasn't profitable to mine them due to low prices. It can be reclaimed at minimal cost. There's also underground uranium-bearing ore available.

The uranium price increased by around 76% in 2005, which - with one exception, sugar - represents the largest single percentage increase in a commodity price. Strong growth is predicted, especially from demand from China and India, which have to provide more electricity for their industries due to their rapid economic growth.

The management of hedge funds, such as Sprott Opportunities, of Toronto, Canada, says that international uranium stocks are limited and new deposits must be found. Though there's a shortage of uranium, it's being temporarily supplemented by sales from Russia's strategic stockpiles and dismantled warheads.

http://www.miningmx.com/energy/984769.htm

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING